Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

I like Tuna Pasta.

Recipe?

Cook the desired amount of tricolore pasta spirals until al dente, empty into a large dish, add a couple of finely chopped fried onions, two tins of tuna in sunflower oil. To this stir in a jar of Salsina garlic and herb tomato sauce and one can of chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs, add extra dried herbs to taste plus ground black pepper. Also a generous splosh of Worcestershire sauce, mix it all together in the baking dish add breadcrumbs and grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese to the top. Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 40 mins.

I like Tuna Pasta.

Recipe?

Cook the desired amount of tricolore pasta spirals until al dente, empty into a large dish, add a couple of finely chopped fried onions, two tins of tuna in sunflower oil. To this stir in a jar of Salsina garlic and herb tomato sauce and one can of chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs, add extra dried herbs to taste plus ground black pepper. Also a generous splosh of Worcestershire sauce, mix it all together in the baking dish add breadcrumbs and grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese to the top. Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 40 mins.

Yummy

I'm reading all this food stuff as I eat and you are all making me hungry.

Anywhy, I'm writing this post to say I've yet to see anyone say they have freshly squized orange juice on their pancakes. The nack being having cooked the pancake you serve it onto a plate, lightly sprinkle with sugar. Then roll it into a tight tube like shape. Poor over it half a medium sized orange and then sprinkle with a little more sugar. Thats loads of calories but heaven for those with a sweet tooth.

I do all the cooking in our house, my specialities being curries (lamb kofta meatballs are my favourite), anything you can roast, chilli con carne and baking. I'm not great at pasta dishes apart from Carbonara but I'll be trying your tuna pasta TF, sounds delicious :D .

Hey Stab, I do the orange juice bit but I start with savoury pancake with crem fresh, spinach and a bit of nutmeg and pepper, then follow with maybe one with pears and chocolate sauce or one with orange juice, crem fresh and maybe a few strawberries with a bit Cointreux if I have some (which I didn't yesterday).

I cook quite a lot. I like to kill my own food too if I can.

Here's my recipe for smoked trout:

1. Catch a trout, gut it, then leave it overnight to get rid of the lactic acid in the muscle.

2. Smoke it

Fantastic with salad.

Here's my recipe for smoked trout:

1. Catch a trout, gut it, then leave it overnight to get rid of the lactic acid in the muscle.

2. Smoke it

Fantastic with salad.

I've smoked many different things, but trout's not among them. Salad neither, as such.

regards,

Hein

Captain's Mate (who doubles as Galley Slave) sends congratulations to in eternum+ for those expertly shaped and delicious-looking wontons and is curious to know what they contained.

* Do any DLers do their own cooking?

I personally love cooking, and do so almost every day. Not only do I find it very relaxing, but there is usually something delicious to consume at the end. Also, I prefer to know what's in the food I'm eating and can therefore rarely bring myself to purchase pre-prepared items, as after I've read the ingredients I'm generally put off.

With regard to wonton stuffing, it is as follows:

ground pork - not too lean

ginger - very finely chopped

spring onions - also very finely chopped

salt

1 egg for every lb-or-so of meat

Mix it all up and hey-presto! I've also been informed that wontons are less about the stuffing, and more about the wonton wrappers. You should therefore never try to put too much meat in any one wonton.

(PS. If you're interested in knowing about what goes in the wonton sauce, just let me know! It involves a particularly pleasant 'tongue-numbing' spice.)

(PS. If you're interested in knowing about what goes in the wonton sauce, just let me know! It involves a particularly pleasant 'tongue-numbing' spice.)

I'd love to know the wonton sauce recipe :angry:

I'd love to know the wonton sauce recipe :angry:

Same here, albeit on behalf of the Galley Slave. :) (Even better if there's a veggie version.)

I like this recipe served with pancakes:

50g (2oz) butter - 1 tablespoon Olive Oil - 4 peeled bananas - 3 tablespoons dark muscovado sugar - 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or brandy - juice of 1 orange - juice of 1 lime - 1/2 small jar of marmalade (I use FairTrade's swazi Kitchen kumquat marmalade but any thick cut marmalade would do)

Melt the butter & oil in a saucepan, cut each banana into into 3 pieces and add to the butter, fry until turning brown, sprinkle with sugar and turn gently, add Grand Marnier then warm for a minute, flame the sauce, once the flames have died down lift the bananas into a serving dish and keep warm, add the fruit juices and marmalade to the saucepan, stir together and cook until reduced by half, pour over the bananas and serve with cream and pancakes.

I don't like bananas but I love this recipe.

2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or brandy -

How about both?

2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or brandy -

How about both?

Perhaps the following recipe for Xmas cake may be more to your taste BB:

Ingredients:

1 cup of water 1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar 1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar lemon juice

4 large eggs nuts

1 bottle Johnnie Walker whisky 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the Johnnie Walker to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the whisky again.

To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer.

Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. Make sure the whisky is still OK. Try another cup.

Turn off the mixerer. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares. Check the whisky.

Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table.

Add a spoon of sugar, or something. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven and put in the fridge. Turn the cake tin 350 defrees.

Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl through the window.

Check the whisky again and go to bed.

During a recent trip to Mr. B's home town in The Midlands, I had some chips, and they were amazing compared to the soggy anaemic chips sold in London.

Do they get better the further north you go?

A Manx speciality is chips, cheese and gravy . I can't stand it but it's very popular over here

Perhaps the following recipe for Xmas cake may be more to your taste BB:

1 bottle Johnnie Walker

Turn off the mixerer. Break 2 leggs -- ouch and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.

It soundfwd possittyively devine but whgich Walker shgould I use>? Red? Blauck?? Gold? bLEU? MAYBE i SHOUYld ought to use them all?

Great and simple banana recipe:

Take a banana, slit down the inside of the curve with a knife (including the banana), stuff the slit with dark chocolate (Green & Black's cooking choc will do), cook for a while in the oven until skin is brown and chocolate has melted, eat from the skin with a spoon (a bit of squirty cream makes it look good). Makes a fantastic tasting, quick and easy and, might I say, slightly erotic pud. Sort of hermaphrodite rude food.

Get pi**ed & phone for a pizza.

Slag off the Halibut driver.

Feel guilty.

Vote Labour.

Boudicca said:
During a recent trip to Mr. B's home town in The Midlands, I had some chips, and they were amazing compared to the soggy anaemic chips sold in London.

Do they get better the further north you go?

Well it varies from place to place.

The Chips at Zanres (whatever) in Mintlaw have gained legendary status in the area whereas the chips at Zanres in Fraserburgh are like cardboard.

I've stopped going to my local chip shop ever since they gave me food poisoning. :)

I've stopped going to my local chip shop ever since they gave me food poisoning. :)

Deliberately?

I've stopped going to my local chip shop ever since they gave me food poisoning. :(

Deliberately?

Wouldn't surprise me. :)

Is there a sauce that you couldn't live without?

Is there a sauce that you couldn't live without?

Worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce, two essentials for any kitchen.

Plus Branstons sandwich pickle.

Just made a life changing decision in the chat room - decided to give up gravy for lent. So any none gravy recipes would be appreciated.

Daddies sauce