Godot

Julian Assange

Since the founder of WikiLeaks is not going to go away unless his disappearance is arranged as some have suggested, the saga of WikiLeaks is going to run and run. So perhaps we should record its progress here.

Is he good DeathList material or is he too well known to "fall" under a No. 7 bus? It's not as if he hasn't made any enemies. Some are smelling blood already. From Wikipedia:

An editorial in the Washington Times by Jeffrey T. Kuhner said Assange should be treated "the same way as other high-value terrorist targets" and be assassinated. Former Nixon aide and talk radio host G. Gordon Liddy has reportedly suggested that Assange's name be added to the "kill list" of terrorists who can be assassinated without a trial. U.S. Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell has called Assange "a high-tech terrorist". Former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich has been quoted as saying, "Information terrorism, which leads to people getting killed, is terrorism, and Julian Assange is engaged in terrorism. He should be treated as an enemy combatant." Fox News' National Security Analyst and host Kathleen Troia "K.T." McFarland has called Assange a terrorist, Wikileaks "a terrorist organization" and has called for Bradley Manning's execution if he is found guilty of making the leaks. Incoming Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Peter King, has requested the Obama administration to declare Wikileaks a "Foreign Terrorist Organization".

Was nice to see the morally-perfect Ken Loach and John Pilger offer to pay this guy's bail money, must have missed when they did the same for Robinho, Robin Van Persie and John Leslie. Presumably rape is "pretty dope imho" if you combine useful idiocy with looking like Colin Mochrie in a bad wig.

Was nice to see the morally-perfect Ken Loach and John Pilger offer to pay this guy's bail money, must have missed when they did the same for Robinho, Robin Van Persie and John Leslie. Presumably rape is "pretty dope imho" if you combine useful idiocy with looking like Colin Mochrie in a bad wig.

It hasn't been proved that he raped anyone.

Also very convenient that this accusation from Sweden, a country with an extradition treaty with the US, happens to emerge just at the point that Wikileaks gains maximum exposure from leaking all those secret US documents...

• Like 1

He's grown noticeably thinner and his cohorts are worried about his health. There's no way of getting him to the hospital though, since he bombarded himself in the Ecuador Embassy a few months ago.

He's grown noticeably thinner and his cohorts are worried about his health. There's no way of getting him to the hospital though, since he bombarded himself in the Ecuador Embassy a few months ago.

They not have GP home visits in Ecuador??

According to Ecuador's ambassador to the UK Assange is suffering from "a chronic lung ailment that could worsen at any

time and is being checked regularly by doctors", so claims Reuters.

regards,

Hein

A girl at work summed up Julian well: "He is a complete narcissist, but he uses his evil for good."

A variation on which - for dead poolers - might be; "Total f***in' tart, he's too self-centred to be going anywhere near the Grim Reaper soon."

Saw the trailer for the film at the cinema. Cumbersnatch's accent is exactly the same as Adam and Joe's generic "Ozzie" voice. "Awww crikey, mate, we gotta leak these documents mate"

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Does anyone watch the show 'By Any Means' on BBC1 on sunday nights? The latest episode had a storlyline that was quite sililar to Assanges situation,except that the main protagonist was a mass murdering scumbag. . I wonder if the writers were making a statement about Assange..

He might be leaving the embassy soon. Will he vanish, will someone bump him off or does he need urgent medical treatment?

Perhaps he's just popping out to the shops for a pint of milk

Who would the Yanks prefer to have in their hands, Assange or Edward Snowden

Can anyo

Who would the Yanks prefer to have in their hands, Assange or Edward Snowden

Snowden, he actually damaged American's view of America, Assange just embarrassed the American government.

Three questions - only one of which (3) I expect any on here to be able to answer;

1. What exactly does "soon"?

2. How the fuck does he plan to get out without being arrested?

3. The BBC quoted the cost of the police operation to ensure his arrest upon leaving, i.e a few armed cops stood outside, at 7 million pounds. A) how can a few armed cops cost that much? and B ) why didn't they just assign the task of arresting him to the armed police who would be guarding a nations embassy anyway and save us 7 million pounds? C) Why didn't they just go into the embassy anyway and damn the consequences, most of the nations in the world would be on their side; although I do understand the dangerous precedent concept; special dispensation could easily be argued?

• Like 1

Guest Smutmeister

I have been reading Manne's bio of JA, "Cypherpunk Revolutionary." I thought you boys might be interested to know that, in it, Manne notes that JA was intrigued by the idea of celebrity deathpools:

"In January 1998 he [JA] had come upon an advertisement for a prize - "Scoop the Grim Reaper. Who Will Live? Who Will Die?" - which was to be awarded to the person who guessed on what dates certain Hollywood celebrities would die. Assange posted the advertisement on the cypherpunks list..."

I have been reading Manne's bio of JA, "Cypherpunk Revolutionary." I thought you boys might be interested to know that, in it, Manne notes that JA was intrigued by the idea of celebrity deathpools:

"In January 1998 he [JA] had come upon an advertisement for a prize - "Scoop the Grim Reaper. Who Will Live? Who Will Die?" - which was to be awarded to the person who guessed on what dates certain Hollywood celebrities would die. Assange posted the advertisement on the cypherpunks list..."

Thanks for that informaiton Smutmeister. Very interesting.

I was thinking that, as Mr Assange must have a bit of spare time on his hands, cooped up in that embassy, he might like to have a go at the Derby Dead Pool. He'd stand a good chance, as I'm sure he may be party to information we don't know about regarding the health of various luminaries. I was going to email him an invite, but chickened out. If anyone else wants to contact him, his email is julian@wikileaks.org

Why is Alastair Carmichael on the BBC discussing whether or not Assange is unlawfully detained?

Has he forgotten the following?

1. He's no longer in the Government.

2. He's a member of a fourth party which has 8 MPs.

3. He's admitted in court that he lied for political gain.

4. He wants to bankrupt some of his constituents with a costs award.

Is this the only person the BBC could get to comment?

Why is Alastair Carmichael on the BBC discussing whether or not Assange is unlawfully detained?

Has he forgotten the following?

1. He's no longer in the Government.

2. He's a member of a fourth party which has 8 MPs.

3. He's admitted in court that he lied for political gain.

4. He wants to bankrupt some of his constituents with a costs award.

Is this the only person the BBC could get to comment?

He speaks for the Lib Dems on Home Affairs so that would probably be the justification.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43438352

The nutjob Adrian Lamo dead, odds on another overdose.

Eta....dammit the one thread I didn't look in was dead of 2018... The reptile beat me to it all ends up.