Saint Peter

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

BBC reporting it to - his brother has confirmed it, apparently

Thank christ for that. Some points at last

We only have his brothers word for it so far.

I really hope its true

Oh, I just let out a giant.... Ohhhhhh!

Quite funny really...

Guest The Doctor

About time.

Sod's law, just as I've made the latest update on DDP!

Still, 1st hit of the year...

Guest Walter

YES!!! He's gone. Joined the ones he killed.

I suspect he has gone to a different place to his victims!

I think it was pretty obvious from the evidence (or lack of it) that he wasn't involved in the bombing, though I'm sure he did a lot of bad stuff while working for Gaddafi

Guest BBN

Megrahi is dead. No news on the Lockerbie bomber though...

Been a long time coming. As has the first DDP hit for my "Crypt of Chortles" team. But this was the proverbial two birds slain by the same pebble (or something).

Good. This lasted long enough.

Oh, and DDP hit #2.

regards,

Hein

The death of Abdelbaset Al Megrahi - a foreign name that we have all unfortunately memorized. I tend to forget the names of the radicals (especially once their dead) but here is the greatest exception of all time. Fuck him. The vast majority perceived him to be someone who didn't have long in this world, someone who was immediately joker gold. It was St.Peter who came wandering as he spoke of Al-Megrahi with interest and soon after it went down in history as he hit it big on the morbid market. Now anyone who is released on "compassionate grounds" is obviously given little consideration when it comes to the probability of survival beyond about we'll say maybe three months maximum. His doctors in Libya were these sick, these sick vicious liars. These sick liars who deprived justice and peace of mind for all. Well It's all over now.

So a good decision to drop him last year and bring him back this.

Fair point Welshman, the committee are often blasted for unsuccessful decisions and Megrahi's teasing performances are in there with Gabor and Biggs, so a good call...respect!

Guest shamblesman

I hope they dropped his coffin from 30,000 feet..the cunt

Re the cunt bit above...investigation currently gannin' on in Malta into some of the Lockerbie circumstances. This isn't over or fully explained yet. Granted AbA had some involvement and served time for a reason (even if it was on orders from home), but whether he really was the main bomber...

On 18/09/2012 at 22:20, maryportfuncity said:

Re the cunt bit above...investigation currently gannin' on in Malta into some of the Lockerbie circumstances. This isn't over or fully explained yet. Granted AbA had some involvement and served time for a reason (even if it was on orders from home), but whether he really was the main bomber...

So, eight and a quarter years after there was action in this thread - a new suspect may be about to face charges: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55337459

On 16/12/2020 at 23:38, maryportfuncity said:

So, eight and a quarter years after there was action in this thread - a new suspect may be about to face charges: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55337459

Private Eye have been banging on about this for years. AbA pretty certainly got a miscarriage of justice.

There's been some systemic covering-up over the years, so I'm not hopeful that this goes anywhere. Too many people still alive who are implicated.

22 hours ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

Private Eye have been banging on about this for years. AbA pretty certainly got a miscarriage of justice.

There's been some systemic covering-up over the years, so I'm not hopeful that this goes anywhere. Too many people still alive who are implicated.