Anubis the Jackal

Professional Cyclists

Putting aside drugs n death for just a second, this Tour has been excellent sports watching, for me at least. Rasmussen and Contador have been going at it hammer and tongs a la Tom and Jerry over the Pyrenees the last three days, with the great Dane finally getting what appears to be the conclusive upper hand today.

Which is too bad considering my wager on the latter, but hey ho. My last hope remains with the testers slipping a little additive into Michael's sample while no-one's peeking.

See. I knew we'd get back to drugs in the end.

I'm not being negative about the whole idea of cyclists but by statistics the 'risky selections' have never came out to be much of anything. If and I say 'If' there was to be a 'cyclist' selected for the list the question should be asked 'who?' is there actually somebody who has overdose or has heart failure written all over them?

I'm not being negative about the whole idea of cyclists but by statistics the 'risky selections' have never came out to be much of anything. If and I say 'If' there was to be a 'cyclist' selected for the list the question should be asked 'who?' is there actually somebody who has overdose or has heart failure written all over them?

You're right of course. I'd say 'any one pro cyclist' in your deadpools is the best bet.

here's Bouncer causing a few problems today. They must make wheels out of paper these days.

Another furious canine suffragette throws itself into a rider's path. They must be a lot more anti-doping than us humans, is all I can think.

While watching that one, I spotted this one - but I can't think of anything funny to write about it, so I won't.

Guest Guest
While watching that one, I spotted this one - but I can't think of anything funny to write about it, so I won't.

Tour de horse?

Thankfully he wasn't wearing lycra pants.

I dont know how anyone else feels on the matter but to want to take part in the tour de france you gotta be on some kinda drugs in the first place! Cycling in the heat of summer up and down hill for weeks at a time, thats bad enough let alone the fact that they are riding in france!!!! suck la bluuurrrrrrr

Floyd Landis loses his appeal. For all the 'no more drugs than your average touring funk band' blather that started this thread, he's the first TDF winner stripped for a doping offence. Of course, all the others should have been, or summat.

Sorry, I should have searched for this more appropriate thread - my excuse is I'm at work and trying to hide Deathlist in a mass of other open windows - I work for the elderly and disabled so it's not the most appropriate site to be caught on by the boss :banghead:

10075441h20714435.jpg

This photo by Jose Fidelino Vera Hernandez, via the Associated Press, shows a car hitting a group of bicyclists about 15 minutes into a bicycle race Sunday in northern Mexico.

AP says one person was killed and 14 others were injured in the incident.

10075441h20714435.jpg

This photo by Jose Fidelino Vera Hernandez, via the Associated Press, shows a car hitting a group of bicyclists about 15 minutes into a bicycle race Sunday in northern Mexico.

A truly shocking and stunning image. Has it not appeared in a British newspaper? If not why not? Are they protecting us from something? Don't editors think their readers can stomach something like that?

10075441h20714435.jpg

A truly shocking and stunning image. Has it not appeared in a British newspaper? If not why not? Are they protecting us from something? Don't editors think their readers can stomach something like that?

The Daily Mirror has certainly missed a trick. Instead of spot the ball we could play spot the gall (bladder), pall (bearer), etc. £10,000 to the one who correctly circles the fatality.

My money's on the one on the right, mid-mexican wave, about to go under the wing.

The Sun newspaper ran the picture yesterday. Despite both indulging in racing bikes as recently as tonight me and The Voice of Young Maryport found ourselves unaccountably reduced to howls of laughter at the comical shot. I'm guessing it's for real though you could Photoshop such an item. The guy in black and white to the left as we look appears, at first glance, to have lost his head.

10075441h20714435.jpg

The Daily Mirror has certainly missed a trick. Instead of spot the ball we could play spot the gall (bladder), pall (bearer), etc. £10,000 to the one who correctly circles the fatality.

My money's on the one on the right, mid-mexican wave, about to go under the wing.

I'll take the guy directly underneath the helmut flying in the air.

If you follow the link, what makes it even more amazing, is that there is a police car to the left of all the cyclists. Hence, there is surely no way the driver could claim innocence, especially if he was indeed drunk.

If EVER there was a picture to highlight the danger of cyclists, it's this one. I expect this image will probably become very famous in its own way.