faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

3 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Dick Van Dyke star Rose Marie dies at 94.

DSLHnPCX4AA4czU.jpg

Thanks for posting this picture. Rose Marie was a wonderful entertainer. Another part of my childhood icons has passed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Dick Van Dyke star Rose Marie dies at 94.

DSLHnPCX4AA4czU.jpg

FFS

• Like 1

Dick van Dyke will live to be over 110! Wasted pick this year anyway! :)

• Like 1

Bad pick. Yes he's 92 but he looks nowhere close to dying and has no pressing health issues at the moment, plus he's still super active.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Someone's updated his brother's Wiki with Jerry's death: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Van_Dyke

Possibly vandalism, haven't seen anything elsewhere.

Looks like they removed anything about Jerry dying. Most likely vandalism, Hopefully.

Just got the notification from my Arkansas news app. Is this the first time that something that appears to be wikipedia vandalism turned out to be true?

Gawd bless him, loved him in Coach. RIP.

Maybe that's a sign that Dick van Dyke doesn't have as long as we think. 

Nah. He'll see 2024 easily...

• Like 1

Well, I hope Angela Lansbury doesn't believe in the rule of 3 thing...

It states he had a nasty accident two years ago and his health started to decline. Now I remember Dick was pulled out of his burning car once.... the Van Dykes don't have a good relationship with driving!

Didn't I mention that JVD wasn't doing too well here last year at some point? Heard some old showbiz-type interview where they said "yeah, Jerry's not doing too good right now". 

Dick still killin' 'em live, from a performance last night:

• Like 2

He needs to lay off the fags! 2-3 more years left I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

He needs to lay off the fags! 2-3 more years left I reckon. 

A little bit of what you fancy does you good. :o:D

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Busting moves in the Mary Poppins Returns trailer:

Super excited for this film! And it's so amazing how he doesn't look that much different than when he played Mr. Dawes, Sr. in the first 'Mary Poppins' film.

1 minute ago, markb4 said:

Super excited for this film!

When did people stop being "very excited about" things and become "super excited for" them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

When did people stop being "very excited about" things and become "super excited for" them?

About two hours ago, in my case, lol.

• Haha 2

This man could live another decade (and I kind of hope he does). One to drop next year, perhaps?

1 hour ago, paddyfool said:

This man could live another decade (and I kind of hope he does). One to drop next year, perhaps?

That's what I used to think about Bruce Forsyth.He was still dancing and presenting a live tv show until just 2 years before he died.You just never know ! 

Yeah, I'd like to see him make 100 - so obviously healthy in the fleeting bust a move moment it's doubtful if he's any kind of shoo-in for us.

13 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, I'd like to see him make 100 - so obviously healthy in the fleeting bust a move moment it's doubtful if he's any kind of shoo-in for us.

One of the things about surefire Deathlist pick in waiting Bernard Cribbins is the thought that there's a distinct possibility that pretty much every Brit on this forum either watched him in something as a kid or was aware of something he was in like Jackanory or The Wombles or what not.

Come to think of it, Dick van Dyke might be the same with that film for a vast chunk of us*.

(*Even if as a kid and adult I vastly preferred Bedknobs and Broomsticks - get Angela back on the list, you guys. #fruitless message to Cmme ends...:D)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msc said:

One of the things about surefire Deathlist pick in waiting Bernard Cribbins is the thought that there's a distinct possibility that pretty much every Brit on this forum either watched him in something as a kid or was aware of something he was in like Jackanory or The Wombles or what not.

Come to think of it, Dick van Dyke might be the same with that film for a vast chunk of us*.

(*Even if as a kid and adult I vastly preferred Bedknobs and Broomsticks - get Angela back on the list, you guys. #fruitless message to Cmme ends...:D)

I'm glad to see Angela Lansbury and Dick Van Dyke together in this upcoming 'Mary Poppins Returns' film!

• Like 1