He's been re-elected as FIFA president.

He's a workaholic and has a younger wife. He's going to be newsworthy for a long time. And if what Jack Warner says is true, he's not immune from prosecution.

Time to have a proper place to discuss.

• Like 1

I would laugh my head off if he did an Elvis and died of a massive heart attack tomorrow at 3am on a hotel toilet.

• Like 2

He will still be around in 2025, at which time not only will the next generation of Sir Creeps and BCAlum's bring up this thread and go "What where you guys thinking?", but people will be all "Wow, I've never heard of half the posters on the first page, ms-who?".

I would laugh my head off if he did an Elvis and died of a massive heart attack tomorrow at 3am on a hotel toilet.

This would also amuse, though.

• Like 2

He has to deal with sponsorship issues, political pressure, the legal authorities and try and root out corruption (if he is so minded).

Came across this little gem when I was reading Plato on the loo the other day:

"Take a doctor who has been given the entire body to treat. Will he ever get good results if he neglects the individual limbs and tiny parts in spite of being willing and able to look after the major organs?...Nor yet will helmsmen or generals, not statesmen or anybody of that ilk, succeed in major day-to-day matters if they neglect occasional details." The Laws

The strain of juggling everything he has to, I expect no more than a year or two.

Maybe he can hook up with Angelina Jolie.

SC

SC

That should kill them both. :lol:

I wonder if anyone was bribed to vote for him

SC

Wellllllllllllll...... Jolie not only has a family history of cancer, including cancer scares of her own but also a personal history of a self-harmer, and a fixation on blood, apart from being one of the most recognizable people on the planet.

I once read a detailed magazine article on Blatter. He basically lives for his position. He didn't have that younger girlfriend back then though. But his health would really suffer from losing FIFA. He said that this is going to be his last term and I guess as long as he can go out on his own terms, he'll be doing ok. But he will already be 83 then. However, I though it would make perfect sense to create this thread the day that Havelange dies.

• Like 1

I like him. Hopefully he hasn't been bribing folk and there will be no evidence of corruption and goes on for years to come.

• Like 1

Came across this little gem when I was reading Plato on the loo the other day:

Interesting subject matter for that activity.

I'm a great fan of reading on the loo, my loo is never without a book or two. Comes in handy when the toilet paper runs out as well.

That reminds me, I once bought toilet paper made from crudely shredded Bibles, on which the original text was well readable. When a visitor protested, I added a Quran to the reading stack, with a few pages torn out.

• Like 3

I like him. Hopefully he hasn't been bribing folk and there will be no evidence of corruption and goes on for years to come.

Aye, but the way the English press are going after him is laughable.

They're saying its been like that since 1974, but totally omit that prior to that was the rascist corrupt fascist fucker that was Sir Stanley Rous. They are actually lauding the cunt.

His job's his life! If he's resigning as indicated, this could spell the start of a downward spiral. He has previously indicated he wanted to die in the job.

• Like 1

Is the US justice coming to get him, I wonder?

Blatter stepping down as FIFA president.

Whodathunkit, the man does the Right Thing for once.

Edited by Magere Hein
2 posts moved from topic "Football"

Guest Guest

Sepp Blatter has resigned as FIFA president. There will be a police statement shortly...

Ner-ner, ner-ner, ner-ner. Screech...

• Like 1

Big sloppy kiss for Loretta Lynch. And maybe more if she asks nicely.

I didn't know that Chuck Blazer had colon cancer...

He also has an interesting blog:

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/chuck-blazer-showed-off-his-lavish-life-in-a-personal-blog/

I couldn't yet find anything about the cancer there. But apparently, he's currently recovering from a cancer-related operation.

Jack Warner says he fears for his life so I think next year there may be a significant increase in the number of FIFA associated people picked on the DDP.

Unless they bribe us to keep their names off.

• Like 1

Nice rolling coverage here in the Telegraph of the ongoing FIFA epic relating to Morocco winning the vote for the 2010 World Cup: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11657595/Fifa-corruption-Morocco-2010-World-Cup-vote-live.html

There's an allegation reported here http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/7/fifa-email-connects-sepp-blatter-to-10m-newspaper-/ that Blatter was aware of the alleged bribe for South Africa to host that competition.

I'm of the opinion that Blatter only resigned because this was never going to blow over, and he was always going to be in the spotlight over the term of his tenure. He couldn't get elected then as usual slam the doors on the world and do whatever he has been doing behind closed doors.

FIFA-sepp-Blatter-bribes-funny.jpeg

'Russia & Qatar may lose World Cups' - Fifa official

Good lord, this is gonna be juicy!!!

• Like 1

I'd love for them to lose the World Cups.

I mean, obviously Shakira, Pitbull and others can make great World Cup songs about fun, tropical countries like South Africa or Brazil... but what are the songs about Russia and Qatar gonna look like?

"Hail Putin! F*ck Ukraine! F*ck the infidels, f*ck the States"?

Not with stadiums half built already, never happen. Too late for a moral correction. Just my $0.02.

Blatter in 48 hours: I am the President of Everything / I am the President of nothing. Couldn't happen to a more smug asshole.

SirC

Edited by Magere Hein
Redundant quote snipped for brevity
  • Like 1