Death Watch Beatle

Magic Johnson, And Other Basketball Players

Look out in 2014 for

Steve "Franchise" Francis

Most basketball gossip sites the last 2 years have people saying he is a crackhead

fmpe7Dt.png

or drinking himself to death

xi3yaIw.jpg

t95Ful9.png

Bob Kurland 2 time Olympic Gold medalist and Basketball Hall Of Famer who is credited as the first person to dunk in a game is dead at 88

This article on Buss mentions that Bill Sharman, a Lakers coach, is now in failing health. He's 86 so it could very well just be age rather than specific ailments, but I figured it was worth sharing.

Dead

Walt Bellamy

The Hall Of Fame Center who played for the Knicks,Bullets,Jazz,Hawks and Pistons over 14 seasons is dead at 74.

I'm ashamed, and we all should have been for overlooking this death last summer.

July 30 Ossie Schectman died. "Who?", I hear you ask.

A quote from the history of the NBA.

he Basketball Association of America was founded in 1946 by owners of the major ice hockey arenas in the Northeastern and Midwestern United States and Canada. On November 1, 1946, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Toronto Huskies hosted the New York Knickerbockers at Maple Leaf Gardens, in a game the NBA now regards as the first played in its history.[4]The first basket was made byOssie Schectman of the Knickerbockers.

Never mind the 30000 plus point of Jordan, Abdul Jabar or Malone. The first two were made by Ossie.

So there.

Craig Sager The longtime NBA sideline reporter known for his ever colourful suits has been diagnosed with Leukemia

I think the life of Don Sterling, as owner of the LA Clippers is over. He made some nasty racist remarks against his girlfriend (who is part black and hispanic), and magic Johnson.

2mfentv.gif

(Huffington Post.)

I think the life of Don Sterling, as owner of the LA Clippers is over. He made some nasty racist remarks against his girlfriend (who is part black and hispanic), and magic Johnson.

2mfentv.gif

(Huffington Post.)

As predicted.

I could see him dying in a year or two given that one of the things he lived for was rubbing elbows with famous people and now he is someone no one would ever want to be seen with in public.

Yeah, this dude has a Joe Paterno style "get a treatable illness but don't bother with the meds because you don't want to live any more" death written all over him.

Haha. Don't be fuckin' dense. He's a squillionaire for fuck's sake. He will probably (continue to?) find comfort in high class hookers and champagne.

http://nypost.com/20...attling-cancer/

According to this article Donald Sterling has been battling protate cancer

According to this post, CaptainChorizo has been battling dyslexia.

Guest Zorders Mum

Don Sterling Clippers Owner now has Alzheimers and his wife is selling the team

Good article on the Sterling affair as a whole from ESPN. For pure deathlisting, however the first section covers his health troubles, and paragraph three gets into the nitty gritty of his Alzheimer's.

Good article on the Sterling affair as a whole from ESPN. For pure deathlisting, however the first section covers his health troubles, and paragraph three gets into the nitty gritty of his Alzheimer's.

Whoah, he actually seriously has Alzheimer's? I thought that was just a guest being a twat.

Surely this puts his comments into a new light?

Whoah, he actually seriously has Alzheimer's? I thought that was just a guest being a twat.

Only if having alzheimers is deemed a free-pass to be an offensive old bastard, in which case I can't wait until I'm old enough to claim I've got it.

Only if having alzheimers is deemed a free-pass to be an offensive old bastard, in which case I can't wait until I'm old enough to claim I've got it.

Got what? Alzheimer's or pubic hair?

• Like 2