Control freaks (usually women) who run pet rescues. Yet again I've encountered an rude unpleasant woman who seems to think she is doing people a favour allowing them to pay over £100 to take a homeless dog off their hands.

Last month a similar Cerberus at the Cats Protection League refused to let a friend have a young cat because "it might stray on to the road". There are two fields between their house and the road, and extensive woodland behind which keeps the cats occupied far from the road.

Control freaks (usually women) who run pet rescues. Yet again I've encountered an rude unpleasant woman who seems to think she is doing people a favour allowing them to pay over £100 to take a homeless dog off their hands.

Last month a similar Cerberus at the Cats Protection League refused to let a friend have a young cat because "it might stray on to the road". There are two fields between their house and the road, and extensive woodland behind which keeps the cats occupied far from the road.

Most of the animal shelters operate purely on donations, so they need to recoup the money they spend on housing these animals until someone purchases them, and also for any vet fees when they take the animal in. Although to buy a cat or dog from a pet store (especially here in the US) is a bit more expensive.

Although I have to admit sometimes the owners of the shelters are super picky as to whom they allow to buy the animals. Obviously they want it to go to a good home, but they can often be unreasonable.

I saw a black cat in the distance running away in the opposite direction this morning. Good luck? I saw another black cat who also ran in the opposite direction a few weeks ago. I had a black cat named Night once. I invited him in through the front door and gave him away two years later but hopefully he found an owner to raise hell with.

Most of the animal shelters operate purely on donations, so they need to recoup the money they spend on housing these animals until someone purchases them, and also for any vet fees when they take the animal in. Although to buy a cat or dog from a pet store (especially here in the US) is a bit more expensive.

Although I have to admit sometimes the owners of the shelters are super picky as to whom they allow to buy the animals. Obviously they want it to go to a good home, but they can often be unreasonable.

I'm not complaining about paying. I only mentioned the cost to make the point that we are not freeloaders, and deserve to be treated with some respect.

I'm not complaining about paying. I only mentioned the cost to make the point that we are not freeloaders, and deserve to be treated with some respect.

True, no one is really going to go out of their way to spend £100+ on a dog if they're going to neglect it. But then again I've known some people who had more money than sense and didn't have a clue on how to house train the critter.

But then again it doesn't really matter how much you're spending, you should still be treated with respect.

True, no one is really going to go out of their way to spend £100+ on a dog if they're going to neglect it. But then again I've known some people who had more money than sense and didn't have a clue on how to house train the critter.

But then again it doesn't really matter how much you're spending, you should still be treated with respect.

The money is irrelevant. I'm talking about the type who starts off by deciding in advance that the applicant will not be a fit person to adopt a dog. On the phone, so appearances are not a factor here. I suspect that they only want people they already know to take the dogs, or friends of friends.

Suffice it to say that the woman I have just dealt with was so obnoxious and obstructive that I have sent a letter of complaint to the chief executive of the national charity she represents.

Guest Guest

Wish I'd known you were looking for a kitten before I chucked a sack of them in the canal this morning.

Wish I'd known you were looking for a kitten before I chucked a sack of them in the canal this morning.

Hahahaha!!

I'm not a cat fan either.

Nasty but as funny as fuck.

You cannot possibly be an existing member then.

It would have been nastier and funnier if he'd said puppy instead of kitten, so points deducted for not paying attention.

• Like 1

The money is irrelevant. I'm talking about the type who starts off by deciding in advance that the applicant will not be a fit person to adopt a dog. On the phone, so appearances are not a factor here. I suspect that they only want people they already know to take the dogs, or friends of friends.

Suffice it to say that the woman I have just dealt with was so obnoxious and obstructive that I have sent a letter of complaint to the chief executive of the national charity she represents.

A slight defence of these people (or perhaps a little understanding) they are frequently volunteer but they are animal people not people people and they often struggle in personal interactions. In their POV they are doing their best to protect the animals in their charge.

A slight defence of these people (or perhaps a little understanding) they are frequently volunteer but they are animal people not people people and they often struggle in personal interactions. In their POV they are doing their best to protect the animals in their charge.

This person has no animals in her charge. She is a middleman, a contact who is supposed to arrange appointments between prospective adopters and the people who do have charge of the dogs.

Control freaks (usually women) who run pet rescues. Yet again I've encountered an rude unpleasant woman who seems to think she is doing people a favour allowing them to pay over £100 to take a homeless dog off their hands. Last month a similar Cerberus at the Cats Protection League refused to let a friend have a young cat because "it might stray on to the road". There are two fields between their house and the road, and extensive woodland behind which keeps the cats occupied far from the road.
Most of the animal shelters operate purely on donations, so they need to recoup the money they spend on housing these animals until someone purchases them, and also for any vet fees when they take the animal in. Although to buy a cat or dog from a pet store (especially here in the US) is a bit more expensive. Although I have to admit sometimes the owners of the shelters are super picky as to whom they allow to buy the animals. Obviously they want it to go to a good home, but they can often be unreasonable.
True, no one is really going to go out of their way to spend £100+ on a dog if they're going to neglect it. But then again I've known some people who had more money than sense and didn't have a clue on how to house train the critter. But then again it doesn't really matter how much you're spending, you should still be treated with respect.
The money is irrelevant. I'm talking about the type who starts off by deciding in advance that the applicant will not be a fit person to adopt a dog. On the phone, so appearances are not a factor here. I suspect that they only want people they already know to take the dogs, or friends of friends. Suffice it to say that the woman I have just dealt with was so obnoxious and obstructive that I have sent a letter of complaint to the chief executive of the national charity she represents.
This person has no animals in her charge. She is a middleman, a contact who is supposed to arrange appointments between prospective adopters and the people who do have charge of the dogs.

She probably takes her job a bit too seriously. She's like the parking attendent who thinks that wearing a hat and being stood at the front entrance gives them the authority to control who can or cannot enter the premises.

Control freaks (usually women) who run pet rescues. Yet again I've encountered an rude unpleasant woman who seems to think she is doing people a favour allowing them to pay over £100 to take a homeless dog off their hands. Last month a similar Cerberus at the Cats Protection League refused to let a friend have a young cat because "it might stray on to the road". There are two fields between their house and the road, and extensive woodland behind which keeps the cats occupied far from the road.
Most of the animal shelters operate purely on donations, so they need to recoup the money they spend on housing these animals until someone purchases them, and also for any vet fees when they take the animal in. Although to buy a cat or dog from a pet store (especially here in the US) is a bit more expensive. Although I have to admit sometimes the owners of the shelters are super picky as to whom they allow to buy the animals. Obviously they want it to go to a good home, but they can often be unreasonable.
True, no one is really going to go out of their way to spend £100+ on a dog if they're going to neglect it. But then again I've known some people who had more money than sense and didn't have a clue on how to house train the critter. But then again it doesn't really matter how much you're spending, you should still be treated with respect.
The money is irrelevant. I'm talking about the type who starts off by deciding in advance that the applicant will not be a fit person to adopt a dog. On the phone, so appearances are not a factor here. I suspect that they only want people they already know to take the dogs, or friends of friends. Suffice it to say that the woman I have just dealt with was so obnoxious and obstructive that I have sent a letter of complaint to the chief executive of the national charity she represents.

She probably takes her job a bit too seriously. She's like the parking attendent who thinks that wearing a hat and being stood at the front entrance gives them the authority to control who can or cannot enter the premises.

Exactly. I have uncovered reports that her area has the worst rehoming record in the country. It's no wonder really.

Using volunteers is often a false economy.

Today is without doubt my least favourite day for driving home.

The day before Thanksgiving is always a nightmare with people tailgating and going from lane to lane on the freeway.

On a normal day, it's pretty bad but this day seems to bring out the worst in most drivers.

It would have been nastier and funnier if he'd said puppy instead of kitten, so points deducted for not paying attention.

Harsh but fair Toastie.

I read the other day on Twitter that there are plans afoot to remake Highlander with Tom Cruise being considered for the role that Sean Connery played in the original.

Firstly Highlander does not need remaking the sequels were bad enough but infintely ignorable.

Secondly when has any film been improved by the casting of Tom Cruise.

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

• Like 1

I read the other day on Twitter that there are plans afoot to remake Highlander with Tom Cruise being considered for the role that Sean Connery played in the original.

Firstly Highlander does not need remaking the sequels were bad enough but infintely ignorable.

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Can Cruise do a passable Scottish accent? :lol:

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Can Sean Connery?

regards,

Hein

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Can Sean Connery?

regards,

Hein

Yesh!
  • Like 2

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

If Cruise is playing the Connery role then that makes no sense because as we know he's a total midget.

I didn't care for that film, I remember the sequel better, one of the most aggressively incomprehensible movies ever made. And as Roger Ebert used to say... "Highlander II: The Quickening. What a title!"

It's a test isn't it? Use the word 'quickening' in an intelligible sentence...Ok, I'll give it a shot.

I thought I turned Highlander off as fast as was humanly possible in around 15 seconds from a prone start on the sofa, seems i was wrong, I took less than 10 for Highlander 2, I'm quickening.

• Like 1

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Eh, Connery was a Spaniard, and the frenchie was the scot...

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Eh, Connery was a Spaniard, and the frenchie was the scot...

A Spaniard with a Scottish accent, IIRC.

regards,

Hein