Crispy

Ronnie Biggs

48 years ago today , Ronnie went over the THIRTY FOOT wall.

Happy escspeversity :)

For real? Wow... amazing to think that. Nowadays he probably couldn't make it over the little step on his front door :D

• Like 1

Guest Droosy

wow, The English admire Robin Hood, Jack Shephard, Ronnie Biggs and other robbers (including political ones). Charles Dickens was right about the Newgate heroes and the perversity of English behaviour!!! Ronnie should hang on the nearest tree like in the good old England before that pussy Criminal code and prison reform!!

wow, The English admire Robin Hood, Jack Shephard, Ronnie Biggs and other robbers (including political ones). Charles Dickens was right about the Newgate heroes and the perversity of English behaviour!!! Ronnie should hang on the nearest tree like in the good old England before that pussy Criminal code and prison reform!!

I can't speak for all the English (as apparently you can), and even if they do admire these "robbers", as you call them, I'm sure they don't admire primitive, outdated forms of medieval capital punishment, as apparently you do...

I can't speak for all the English (as apparently you can), and even if they do admire these "robbers", as you call them, I'm sure they don't admire primitive, outdated forms of medieval capital punishment, as apparently you do...

Speaking as an Englishman, I generally oppose capital punishment on principal (including outdated medieval forms) but I wouldn't object if one of said forms of punishment was applied to irritating fuckwit guest posters

Guest WeightyUnit

Speaking as an Englishman, I generally oppose capital punishment on principal (including outdated medieval forms) but I wouldn't object if one of said forms of punishment was applied to irritating fuckwit guest posters

Hear! Hear!

oh wait....

R4 just started prog on the aftermath of the robbery....iplayer job if you miss it...

Guest Guest

I think Ronnie Boggs is just holding out for the 50th anniverswary of the grest train robbert and wil die soon after that

I think Ronnie Boggs is just holding out for the 50th anniverswary of the grest train robbert and wil die soon after that

Really? Ronnie Boggs? Anniverswary? Grest train Robbert? I do hope you are a troll.

Really? Ronnie Boggs? Anniverswary? Grest train Robbert? I do hope you are a troll.

It's officer Crabtree...

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

“I would like to be remembered as a good father. A good husband. A good brother. A good friend. A good man. But that is simply not going to happen. Like it or not, I have reached the point of infamy when I am going to be remembered simply as ‘Ronnie Biggs’, whatever or whoever he is in your mind."

Yeah you were a great husband weren't you Ronnie?

Soon come television documentary is going to name "The Ulsterman" - the only gang member known to get away with his share, unmolested by the law. Pre-documentary coverage has made it clear The Ulsterman is already dead; so no points available.

Guest Guest

Can I be the first to wish a very happy 50th anniversary to all the great train robbers! :party:

Can I be the first to wish a very happy 50th anniversary to all the great train robbers! :party:

No, because it isn't the 8th yet.

• Like 1

Here is the thing alot of people admire Biggs for sticking one to the government who commit the financial equivalent of great train robberies every week . Of course like Biggs the people at the top get away with stealing tax money except they don't have to live in Brazil to escape justice, They live in Monaco and other tax havens to escape taxation . However to me murder and ruining a working man's life is were my admiration stops for Biggs , Jack mills could of been restrained and tied up instead they decided to smash him over the head with cosh that choice right there tells you everything you need to know about Biggs and his gang .

Guest Guest

;)

No, because it isn't the 8th yet.

Thought I'd tempt fate.Thought if I wished them all a happy anniversary a few days early one or 2 of them might not make it...

Guest Kryptos973281
However to me murder and ruining a working man's life is were my admiration stops for Biggs , Jack mills could of been restrained and tied up instead they decided to smash him over the head with cosh that choice right there tells you everything you need to know about Biggs and his gang .

The train robbers did not murder anyone. Yes Jack Mills got hurt, but he seemed fairly alive and clear in his mind during the trial (you can see some footage of it in various old documentaries about the robbery). Mills died of leukaemia a little less than 7 years AFTER the Great Train Robbery, so please no bollocks here that any of the train robbers murdered anyone during the Great Train Robbery, because they did NOT.

Maybe research the story a bit better next time before accusing people of things that they did not do.

However to me murder and ruining a working man's life is were my admiration stops for Biggs , Jack mills could of been restrained and tied up instead they decided to smash him over the head with cosh that choice right there tells you everything you need to know about Biggs and his gang .

The train robbers did not murder anyone. Yes Jack Mills got hurt, but he seemed fairly alive and clear in his mind during the trial (you can see some footage of it in various old documentaries about the robbery). Mills died of leukaemia a little less than 7 years AFTER the Great Train Robbery, so please no bollocks here that any of the train robbers murdered anyone during the Great Train Robbery, because they did NOT.

Maybe research the story a bit better next time before accusing people of things that they did not do.

Must of touched a nerve. lol i never said they murdered someone during the great train robbery , they inflicted bodily damage that IMO lead to their deaths several years later.

jack mills had constant headaches for the rest of his life and died 7 years later. Also what about david whitby 25 at the time suffered an assault and subsequent rough treatment and never recovered from his ordeal. He had a heart attack at 34.

So ok they never murdered anyone just committed one of the biggest ever robberies and ruined two innocent people's lives with violence . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Must of touched a nerve. lol i never said they murdered someone during the great train robbery , they inflicted bodily damage that IMO lead to their deaths several years later.

jack mills had constant headaches for the rest of his life and died 7 years later. Also what about david whitby 25 at the time suffered an assault and subsequent rough treatment and never recovered from his ordeal. He had a heart attack at 34.

So ok they never murdered anyone just committed one of the biggest ever robberies and ruined two innocent people's lives with violence . :rolleyes:

The key words are "In my opinion" No offense but your opinion doesn't mean shit, Jack Mills leukemia didn't have anything to do with the assault and neither did David Whitby's heart attack, those are the facts whether you like them or not.

Besides the attacker of Mills was told not to use violence but disobeyed orders, so Biggs and the others cannot be held accountable for ruining his life.

Soon come television documentary is going to name "The Ulsterman" - the only gang member known to get away with his share, unmolested by the law. Pre-documentary coverage has made it clear The Ulsterman is already dead; so no points available.

I thought at least three of the robbers got away?

The key words are "In my opinion" No offense but your opinion doesn't mean shit, Jack Mills leukemia didn't have anything to do with the assault and neither did David Whitby's heart attack, those are the facts whether you like them or not.

Besides the attacker of Mills was told not to use violence but disobeyed orders, so Biggs and the others cannot be held accountable for ruining his life.

Sure my opinion means something just as everyone's opinion means something . What your actually mean is because my opinion is not the same as yours its somehow less than your opinion. :rolleyes: No offence taken of course.

Guest Guest

Happy anniversary Ronnie! You made it! and many happy ret..well happy christmas for now

Also an article in today's Sun - I would link it but there's a pay wall now - naming those (alive and dead) who appear to have got away with it. Not precise on some identities: "the Ulsterman" could be one of a few. Either way, possible points have just been thrust our way, especially since there'll doubtless be follow ups clarifying things and none of those involved and still breathing is conspiciously young.

Interestingly; some of those involved may have included Kenny Sansom's dad and Patsy Kensit's dad.

Guest Guest

One notes there isn't much coverage on the news about the anniversary.Not wanting to glorify crime and violence I guess