post mortem

David Bowie

The Man Who Fell To Earth....and then back again...

Dont think we'll be seeing Death on Mars anytime soon

One year ago, on the first Weekend of January, there were articles marking the 60th

birthday of Rock Legend Syd Barrett. Six Months later, he was dead.

One year on, on the first Weekend of January, there are articles marking the 60th

birthday of Rock Legend David Bowie..... :)

I think the White Duke will be around for a while. My money is on him being around for a few years more.

Guest Guest

Syd Barrett and David Bowie had very different kinds of careers, though. That of the former was cut short very prematurely, whereas the latter kept on going and trying out different styles and reinventing himself.

And sniffing enough cocaine to leave 'astonishing gaps' in his memory and weakened muscles around his heart, oh aye, and he smoked for years too.

Bowie's got the kind of health attention that should keep him going for a while but he's stacked up the kind of mileage on his body that might see him off a few years into bus passdom.

On the other hand, he's got a fairly young child, which could have given him a new lease of life and increased energy and stamina, and also a pretty wife who may or may not keep him fit, if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge ooer missus. I think he's got a fair few years left in him.

Guest Blartman
I think he's got a fair few years left in him.

As long as he stops trying to sing, that's fine.

I think he's got a fair few years left in him.

As long as he stops trying to sing, that's fine.

Piero Scaruffi, is that you?

This is who David Bowie is married to. ip_gallery_bts_iman_main.jpg

In this picture she almost looks like a white woman. But i'm guessing she keeps Bowie young. He had a heart attack a few years ago, I think he should be walking the earth safely for the next decade.

Well, does he or doesn't he? Do we have any Bowie deniers out there who reckons the Duke was merely ordering a British Rail meat pie or hailing a cab? Not sure either way, but I didn't even realise there was footage of the notorious incident till today. Ah, the faded glamour of Victoria Station in the 70s...

This is who David Bowie is married to. ip_gallery_bts_iman_main.jpg

In this picture she almost looks like a white woman. But i'm guessing she keeps Bowie young. He had a heart attack a few years ago, I think he should be walking the earth safely for the next decade.

He had a heart scare followed by an angioplasty to deal with a blockage that could have given him a massive coronary, didn't he? The scare was breathing problems etc, i.e. near a full-blown attack but crucially just short of heart muscle damage. At least that's what I think is the case.

David Bowie his deadly sick by a lever cancer. His actualy the first next one to go just before Jerry Lewis

Well ! I guess the last one get in him has one too long and too big then reached his lever :rolleyes: Ouch !

David Bowie his deadly sick by a lever cancer. His actualy the first next one to go just before Jerry Lewis

Well ! I guess the last one get in him has one too long and too big then reached his lever :rolleyes: Ouch !

As far as I know, rumours of liver cancer first surfaced approximately 2 years ago. That's a long time without any confirmation or indeed any further rumours. If you have any more recent news, please post some links!

Edited by Magere Hein
Topics merged -- MH

As far as I know, rumours of liver cancer first surfaced approximately 2 years ago. That's a long time without any confirmation or indeed any further rumours. If you have any more recent news, please post some links!

I had no idea that was a rumour.

No wonder he's been laying low for the last few years... :D

I understand it's easy to know someone over 80 is dying even under 60 Their way to live make them all potential customer of Belzébut.

After all the trick is not to find wich age they'll die but the death itself.

Could you ever imagine George Burn living till 100 and he did Gee :rolleyes:

I had no idea that was a rumour.

No wonder he's been laying low for the last few years... :D

I will as soon as my contact let me know

Thank's quoting me

On the other hand, he's got a fairly young child, which could have given him a new lease of life and increased energy and stamina, and also a pretty wife who may or may not keep him fit, if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge ooer missus. I think he's got a fair few years left in him.

Kids and most of it pretty wife could kill. These peoples always takes wife 20 years youger even if you look young your body never follow the way you look but the way you live.

A carreer like his surely and slowly made some dammage and their getting over him now. :rolleyes:

Here he is with his son, Duncan, at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival:

250px-Duncan_Jones_and_David_Bowie_at_the_premiere_of_Moon.jpg

and with Iman:

180px-Iman_and_David_Bowie_at_the_premiere_of_Moon.jpg

Showing his age, yes, but he doesn't look too bad.