Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

I went to see Foo Fighters in Sunderland a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely immense, Dave Grohl was simply fantastic. He had us in the palm of his hand for the entire 2 1/2 hours, Taylor Hawkins is possibly the craziest drummer I think I've ever seen. The Kaiser Chiefs were supporting them too, which was a bonus because I'm a horrible Leeds lad aswell. They were fantastic, but were blown out of the water by Grohl and co.

I'm seeing them at Wembley next week, and I am literally PISSING MY PANTS WITH EXCITEMENT. Royal Blood and Iggy Pop are supporting, this FILLS ME WITH JOY. I have seen the Foo Fighters twice before, and both times I had to sit in a pile of my own urine all the way home. I would totally let Dave Grohl ruin me.

So possibly not all urine then? ;)

• Like 2

Went to see Richard Strange, mainly cos a mate was going tonight, suitably out there and eccentric reading from his autobiography and playing some agreeably weird songs.

All told, a good night.

I went to see Foo Fighters in Sunderland a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely immense, Dave Grohl was simply fantastic. He had us in the palm of his hand for the entire 2 1/2 hours, Taylor Hawkins is possibly the craziest drummer I think I've ever seen. The Kaiser Chiefs were supporting them too, which was a bonus because I'm a horrible Leeds lad aswell. They were fantastic, but were blown out of the water by Grohl and co.

I'm seeing them at Wembley next week, and I am literally PISSING MY PANTS WITH EXCITEMENT. Royal Blood and Iggy Pop are supporting, this FILLS ME WITH JOY. I have seen the Foo Fighters twice before, and both times I had to sit in a pile of my own urine all the way home. I would totally let Dave Grohl ruin me.

Could be that your knickers may remain dry for the moment...

SHUT UP! I have literally just this minute told my boyf that if he was any sort of man at all he would ENSURE that they do not cancel on me next Saturday!

If he was any sort of man at all he'd go on his own talk to him about it and see what he can do... ;)

SHUT UP! I have literally just this minute told my boyf that if he was any sort of man at all he would ENSURE that they do not cancel on me next Saturday!

Yer man Grohl is a trouper, mind. Returned to the Swedish stage in a fucking wheelchair. You may still go to the ball Lardy.

• Like 1

Yer man Grohl is a trouper, mind. Returned to the Swedish stage in a fucking wheelchair. You may still go to the ball Lardy.

Back like 1985 I saw the Circle Jerks in a club that held the standard 300 stage divers and singer Keith Morris was on stage with a recently broken leg in full cast.

SC

Back like 1985 I saw the Circle Jerks in a club that held the standard 300 stage divers and singer Kith Morris was on stage with a recently broken leg in full cast.

SC

Didn't Fee Waybill (The Tubes) do something similar?

If he was any sort of man at all he'd go on his own talk to him about it and see what he can do... ;)

ACTUALLY he was rather indifferent to the Foo Fighters until I insisted he accompany me to a Milton Keynes gig a coupla years back. Now he thinks they're fucking awesome (he won't admit that, mind, but I know.....)

I think the fact that he's in London is a positive (Grohl I mean, not my boyf - if he was in London that would be a massive positive, seeing as I'm 100 miles away) - so I'm clinging on to my Tena Lady and praying my fucking kidney infection fucks off by Saturday so I can jump up and down without too many urinary mishaps.

• Like 2

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

I feel your pain Lardy, Glasto have a sporting chance (and form in this dept) with regard to a late replacement, but I'm guessing your O2 shows go back about a year now. Dave Grohl will come back and honour the deal, he's that kind of guy, right?

• Like 2

I feel your pain Lardy, Glasto have a sporting chance (and form in this dept) with regard to a late replacement, but I'm guessing your O2 shows go back about a year now. Dave Grohl will come back and honour the deal, he's that kind of guy, right?

STADIUM Mary, no poxy 02 for Grohl!

I have no idea, haven't had any news from the promoters yet about rescheduling. I will just have to look forward to Madness in September, not quite the same though.....

I have no idea, haven't had any news from the promoters yet about rescheduling. I will just have to look forward to Madness in September, not quite the same though.....

No, and with all due respects to Florence and the Machine, there will be a few people watching them at Glasto wishing Dave G had managed to stay on stage.

• Like 1

Went to see Hugh Cornwell last night. Very small venue, sound was really good. It was the first night of a mini tour (11 gigs) here in the Midwest and East coast, before he's headed back to the UK.

Wasn't impressed with the opening band, Reno. The 2nd band on last night were good. They're from Detroit, it's a band called Choking Susan.

No, and with all due respects to Florence and the Machine, there will be a few people watching them at Glasto wishing Dave G had managed to stay on stage.

Indeed, Flo doesn't make me quite as moist. Well we're now getting refunds, so I can't see the Wembley shows being rescheduled until next year now, which means I'll have to skive another day off work to buy tickets. We'll also be lucky to get the same support acts, we were really looking forward to Royal Blood and Iggy Pop. Iggy might be dead by then.

A few thousand, no doubt.

Also it was the only the other day that I found out her new song was about whether she'd built this ship to wreck, rather than built this shit to rake.

Also it was the only the other day that I found out her new song was about whether she'd built this ship to wreck, rather than built this shit to rake.

You are listening to Florence and the Machine?

Have the Tweenies disbanded then?

Haven't actually been yet but...

Got my tickets a few days ago for the Ramblin' Man fest in July, it's wall to wall with dodgy DL fodder - Ian Anderson, Blue Oyster Cult, Greg Allman (yeah, really, him!), Camel and The Scorpions - so if the bands are shite I'll grab the binoculars and study them carefully to try and spot the tell tale signs of diabetes out of control or heart disease, then report back.

You are listening to Florence and the Machine?

Have the Tweenies disbanded then?

Not intentionally but that song is on every fucking radio station every fucking hour. Not sure what implication was with the tweenies comment so i'll ignore it.

I only know one Florence and the Machine song and that was some live collaboration she did with Dizzee Rascal from something (Brits maybe?) and I only like it because it's got the right rhythm for a brisk walk on the clothes horse treadmill.

Incidentally, it's notable a lot of the older rock acts and/or those who have suffered ill health over the years are more conspicuous in the release schedules and hitting higher chart positions than they did years ago. James Taylor hit #4 in the UK album chart this week, Neil Young might arrive around there when his new album comes out on Monday and Motorhead are soon to follow. I'd be prepared to bet Dave Gilmour's next solo outing might enter the charts at #1 later this year.

So a few of these will be out onstage to promote their wares, giving us form studying options.

Incidentally, it's notable a lot of the older rock acts and/or those who have suffered ill health over the years are more conspicuous in the release schedules and hitting higher chart positions than they did years ago. James Taylor hit #4 in the UK album chart this week, Neil Young might arrive around there when his new album comes out on Monday and Motorhead are soon to follow. I'd be prepared to bet Dave Gilmour's next solo outing might enter the charts at #1 later this year.

So a few of these will be out onstage to promote their wares, giving us form studying options.

Old people still buy music - hence the prominence of dated codgers.

Old people still buy music - hence the prominence of dated codgers.

Indeed, all together now:

• Like 1

I think it was the death of George Melly that led to my discovery of the DL.

I think it was the death of George Melly that led to my discovery of the DL.

That was a good day hereabouts, then.

Not to be confused with the death of a certain snooker player from cancer!

• Like 1