Red Flag

Robin Williams

The Independent reports the Westboro Baptist Church are considering picketing his funeral.

Suicide debate or not, I considered Williams a superb actor rather than a comedian. His variety of screen roles made him box office and never type cast like many other actors. Think of Willis, Stalone, Eastwood, and alike and you can virtually be assured of one particular theme of movie. Williams on the other hand appeared to have a better range, probably using his inner emotions, and facial expressions to transform some of the characters he played. A sad loss IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-28796277 - He had been diagnosed with Parkinsons according to his wife.

I always thought there had to be an underlying reason as to why someone would commit suicide.

Even though he had his problems with addictions in the past and battling depression, it's hard to imagine with the amount of support from his family and the respect he had earned throughout his years in the industry what would push someone over the edge to feel they had nothing else to live for. Perhaps seeing colleagues in their battles with Parkinson's and not wishing to struggle with that or have their fans, friends and family have to witness that slow decline in health, he wanted to make a quick exit.

• Like 1

I think we can all understand that plus with all his previous issues im sure it all just became too much!Horrible for his family though then again maybe he knew what parkinsons does -which from personal experience is heartbreaking.

• Like 1

Guest Guest973281

It's sad to see him go, personally, I loved his movies, and even Mork & Mindy were hillarious, eventhough it was shown a couple of years before my time.

I don't know what his fears were, I can only speculate. Maybe he thought with Parkinson's he wouldn't be able to find work anymore (but we all know that a thought like that would be pretty much bollocks, because Michael J. Fox for example acted in TV series and movies many years after his Parkinson's was discovered). Maybe he thought fans would react in a bad way or that they would blame it or its symptoms on his past of drug and alcohol abuse.

I didn't even know Robin Williams was suffering from depression until I read it in the news after his death, had I known, I would have sent him a letter or twitter message or something to cheer him up. I know what depression can do to people, how it makes them feel (usually bad about everyone and everything, especially themselves) I live with someone who has tried to overdose on purpose on several occasions due to severe depression & alcohol abuse.

But atleast it woke me up out of my summer hibernation and made me post on my blog for once. :ph34r:

http://kryptos973281...my-captain.html

*goes back to watch the remaining episodes of Mork & Mindy*

It happens. Years ago I posted on this forum about a dream I had in which Blake Edwards died. It did seem a rather random thing to dream about. Two days later, he actually died.

Just saw a report that he was due to be making a sequel to Mrs Doubtfire. It mentioned his resentment about making it, but said that he needed the money.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/08/13/robin-williams-resented-having-to-film-mrs-doubtfire-sequel-but-needed-the-money-friend-says/

Edited to say: I saw the report on the little news channel screen they have in the lift at work. So I googled for a link.

OMFG!!!11THE BBC DID IT AGAIN!!

This time the family guy episode with KISS. And we all know that the career of Gene Simmons is now dead!

• Like 1

Just saw a report that he was due to be making a sequel to Mrs Doubtfire. It mentioned his resentment about making it, but said that he needed the money.

http://arts.national...ey-friend-says/

Edited to say: I saw the report on the little news channel screen they have in the lift at work. So I googled for a link.

He didn't need the money, he wanted the money, big difference.

He was a selfish fuck who killed himself, most probably in a moment of intense self-pity.

Personally I found the majority of his TV and film appearances rather irritating, his look at me!, look at me! style of acting/performing got on my nerves.

• Like 1

Guest Guest973281

Some questions come to my mind though.

1) why did wife have a different last name?

2) why were they in separate bedrooms?

3) why did wife not check up on him before buggering off to the store, considering his severe depression? (my boyfriend is suffering from depression, and I make sure he's ok every few hours, eventhough we live in different countries!)

Less than 2 months after Robin Williams' death, German actor Peer Augustinski died at the age of 74. He was his standard German voice-over for more than 30 movies!!!

http://www.welt.de/v...ki-ist-tot.html

National Enquirer are claiming that he was murdered rather than commiting suicide.

For this unable to view the site, report pasted below

An exhaustive National ENQUIRER investigation into the secret police files on the death of comic legend ROBIN WILLIAMS has uncovered compelling evidence the actor did not commit suicide, but was in fact murdered in his own home!

That’s what top experts believe could have REALLY caused the Oscar winner’s sudden death on August 11, 2014, at his Tiburon, Calif. home.

Though the Marin County coroner ruled it a suicide by hanging, The ENQUIRER obtained the cops’ investigative documents under Freedom Of Information law.

We commissioned Dan Hanks, a former paid technical advisor to the Marin County Sheriff, to analyze the case. His stunning conclusion: There are a slew of baffling questions!

“I believe the coroner’s office and their investigators didn’t go far enough, for whatever reason, in their probe,” Dan told The ENQUIRER in a world exclusive interview. “It seems the coroner was ready to close the case, and didn’t want to look at any alternate theories of what might have happened.”

In addition to one of those theories – the strong possibility Robin, 63, could have been ambushed during a robbery – these are among the key issues that Dan and other experts believe should have been explored further before the sensational rush to judgment: ROBIN WAS DRUGGED … AND THEN KILLED! At the time of his death, the “Good Will Hunting” star was prescribed a cocktail of potent medications with potentially fatal side effects, and the drugs could easily have been manipulated to make him black out. Then, when Robin was unconscious, his body could have been set up to look as if he’d committed suicide.

THE MYSTERIOUSLY LOCKED DOOR In another troubling conclusion, the coroner noted that the door to the bedroom where Robin’s body was found was locked from the inside. “But the report also noted that the door had a push-button lock that anyone could have opened with a bobby pin!” said Dan. “So, anyone who wanted to set up a suicide scene could have gone in, arranged it the way they wanted and then locked the door behind them! “And the coroner apparently didn’t ask who else knew the layout of the house.” According to the coroner’s report, Robin “had enough drugs in his system to at least fall asleep,” added Dan. “So the scenario of drugging him first would make sense because then you can manipulate him very easily, and place him in any position you want.”

ROBIN CONDUCTED AN INTERNET SEARCH IN HIS FINAL HOURS The actor had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, and in his final 24 hours, he frantically began looking up drugs on the Internet. A post-mortem exam showed he had an undiagnosed case of dementia – a condition that could explain his bizarre behavior. Dr. Richard Shepherd, a pathologist, said on the British TV series, “Autopsy,” that Robin’s online research suggested he knew “there was something else wrong with him … something that he couldn’t put his finger on.”

ROBIN DISPLAYED NO SUICIDAL TENDENCIES Robin’s wife, Susan Schneider, told police that when he left their bedroom for the final time around 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 10, he seemed “excited” and had rummaged through the closet to retrieve his iPad. Also, according to the sheriff’s report, at 6:53 p.m. on Aug. 10, Robin “called [name redacted] and made plans to drop off his wrist watches for safekeeping … He was reportedly worried about them and wanted to keep them safe.” The “Mrs. Doubtfire” actor put his watches in a sock and “drove to the unnamed person’s house between 9 and 9:30 to drop off the watches,” the report said. Those activities “don’t appear to be those of someone who is readying to commit suicide,” said Dan, 68, a licensed private investigator.

NO EVIDENCE OF TRAUMA Even more shocking, the coroner’s report contained “little evidence” that the beloved star died a violent death, which would be expected with a hanging, Dan pointed out. “Hanging oneself is a violent process with writhing, but there is little to show that occurred,” he said. “The ligature marks are not especially demonstrative, and there was little or no hemorrhaging. “That suggests that he was asleep or incapacitated at the time that his oxygen supply was cut off.” In conclusion, Dan said: “Was it murder? I think that has to be looked into. “Could he have had an overdose? “Possibly, but we don’t see any kind of results from the lab. “I think the coroner’s office was a little quick to say that Robin hanged himself, was on medication and was battling a major illness instead of doing a thorough job and seeing where the facts led them.” 

On 12/08/2014 at 03:32, Dr. Zorders said:

He deserves this (incredibly mild) mockery for being so selfish - cos now little kids won't be able to watch his movies without it being really awkward with a big grey cloud hanging over it, and their parents who have to explain (or try to avoid the topic of) him gassing himself.......... good job there, Robbie.......

well done big guy, wish I had all your uh....... "problem$". It mu$t be $o hard being born into a generation that ha$ $o many more opportunitie$ and more importantly $ecurity than mine ha$, and then getting paid million$ of dollar$ to dre$$ up like an old woman! I mean it'$ not like I can think of $eventy million problem$ and/or piece$ of utterly non$en$ical political/$ocietal p$ycho bull$hit that I have to encounter on a daily ba$i$ that you never would have freakin had when you were my age! And I certainly can't $ugge$t that mo$t of them were foi$ted upon u$ by people of your generation and political $tripe! No $ir!! Whoop$, I $eem to $uddenly have a problem where every in$tance of me typing an $ i$ replaced by an unreque$ted dollar $ign! $hit, $omeone help me out here, my computer $y$tem ha$ gone nut$!

You really were a prick.

10 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

You really were a prick.

No shit Sherlock! 

21 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

No shit Sherlock! 

This newbie who thinks he is Luke Skywalker from Star Trek still causing trouble I see.  Go home you newbie.

You do not even know who Robin Williams is, I bet you confuse good will hunting with Flubber. 

19 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

This newbie who thinks he is Luke Skywalker from Star Trek still causing trouble I see.  Go home you newbie.

You do not even know who Robin Williams is, I bet you confuse good will hunting with Flubber. 

Star Trek? Sure about that......?

• Like 1

:whoosh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobertMugabe said:

How are you and Kim Jong-Un doing?