Rotten Ali

Are We Going To Keep Any Of These For Next Year?

One to be saved for DL 2008?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The above nine names from the DL 2007 listing have yet to have anyone chose them at all for the "who will die next poll?". I'm guessing that makes them all prime candidates for omission from the DL 2008, but should we keep one or two of them?. Your views may even sway the top brass!

Listen Rotten Ali, this is how I place it. Karl Malden - Olivia de Havilland - Patrick Moore all remain for age-related purposes. Abe Vigoda still makes appearances on 'Leno?' Maybe Letterman? I doubt he will make any difference remaining here.

I saw Jake Lamotta recently on some boxing audio biography, and he looked about eighty. I think other female celebrities hold a better chance then Vera Lynn like 'Louis Rainer' or 'Phyllis Diller' or 'Estelle Getty' have a better chance of flashing us what we want to see.

Eli Wallach is still acting and I think it's only rational to leave him off. The same goes for Gore Vidal and this person Ian Smith who I've never heard of in my life until recently.

I have some excellent Deathlist selections in mind, at least twenty five real - probable names (For Deathlist) and I plan to share them in the upcoming weeks. I think next year should be revolutionary, at least a record breaking year.

The above nine names from the DL 2007 listing have yet to have anyone chose them at all for the "who will die next poll?". I'm guessing that makes them all prime candidates for omission from the DL 2008, but should we keep one of two of them?. Your views may even sway the top brass!

Well spotted RA!

Goodness its that time of year again. Hasn't 2007 gone fast? Or is it just me?

Anyway, back to business. Malden is getting on a bit, unless he's gonna do a Burns/Hope

and go all the way to a century. Wallach's still in good nick, so's Vera Lynn. Don't hear much from De Havilland or Vigoda.

Patrick Moore, rather like John Mortimer is hard to say. Could drop tomorrow or in a couple of years...

That leaves La Motta, Vidal and Smith.....

Vidal will most likely be in my 50 for next year, so he's a deffo.... :crossbone:

I voted for Vidal as well

Keep Malden, drop Vigoda. I'd say that Gore Vidal's main aim in life is to be around for Norman Mailer's funeral, so it depends on whether Mailer declines appreciably over the next six weeks. Likewise Ian Smith and the excecrable putrescence that is Mugabe.

This is also the time to remind everyone that Deathlist is artificially prolonging the life of Clive Dunn. He will not be able to die until we deselect him. Have pity on an old soldier.

I saw Olivia de Haviland in a film last night and she looked very well. Mind the film was Dodge City made in 1939, one of eight she made with Errol Flynn who died in 1959.

It's always been a lottery. For starters Hilda Braid was acting more recently than some of the actors on that list, 'nuff said.

Of the above Malden and - maybe - Moore look likely carkers to me inside the next twelve months. Wasn't planning to punt my own point scores on any of the others next year. Might even pay money to see one of Eli Wallach's forthcoming films.

I say get rid of them all. There are much better choices out there. Here are mine. They are listed by name, fame, and age in 2008.

1. Phyllis A. Whitney, age 105, Author

2. Michael DeBakey, age 100, Medicine

3. Miep Gies, age 99, helped save Jews during Holacaust

4. Gordon Hinckley, age 98, president of the Mormon Church

5. Frances Reid, age 94, soap opera actress (Alice Horton on Days of Our Lives for over 42 years)

6. Harry Morgan, 93 actor, (Colonel Potter on MASH)

7. Sargent Shriver, age 93, U.S. politician and father in law of Arnold Schwarzenger, who suffers from Alzheimers Disease.

8. Zsa Zsa Gabor, age 91, actress

9. Ricardo Montalban, age 87 actor

10. Sid Caesar, age 86 comedian

The whole idea about this thread is to pose the question should any of these un-picked "who will die next" poll contenders be kept for next year or should we ask that all be dropped. Its the case no more that 25 names will be taken forward into next year so these people all are prime candidates for the "chop" unless we ask that they be kept on. Already it looks like only Vidal and Moore are candidates so I'm pushing that the other 7 not be carried forward. Its real votes that count so add your voice to this debate please.

By the way I did not intend this thread to be a lets all chuck in a list of 50 names!

The whole idea about this thread is to pose the question should any of these un-picked "who will die next" poll contenders be kept for next year or should we ask that all be dropped. Its the case no more that 25 names will be taken forward into next year so these people all are prime candidates for the "chop" unless we ask that they be kept on. Already it looks like only Vidal and Moore are candidates so I'm pushing that the other 7 not be carried forward. Its real votes that count so add your voice to this debate please.

By the way I did not intend this thread to be a lets all chuck in a list of 50 names!

Fair point RA, I've taken the liberty of moving those posts to the 'Ideas and Pissibolities (sic) for 2008' thread, they had a brief 5 minute holiday in Canadian Paul's 'I & P 2007 - The Names' thread though, seemed to enjoy themselves but are happier in their new home.

P.S. I voted for Olivia De Havilland.

Voted for Smith. Moore and Vidal would be good ones to see what's going on with them a month from now.

Another vote for Ian Smith here! But I'm not sure that it isn't mainly a wish. :skull:

Just as this thread symbolizes a true factor and a possible impact on next years list I think after 'if anything' a bizarre year since I mean 'Everybody died in July' maybe it's time the selections go a little more out of bounds instead of sticking to the usual Deathlist standard.

From day one I've never been for surviving 'WW1' veterans or 'Titantic Survivors' for example because I feel people known for surviving dramatic events in world history are only famous for that reason, and no other. It's great for DDP but not here, so I think definitely they should be off limits. I feel about four or five centurions is great but if I could have any candidate from this list excluded it would be without a doubt Ruby Muhammad. Now all of a sudden there is evidence that she is ten years younger ... so basically she jerked everybody off. It pisses me off because obviously she knows her age is one hundred and it's like she wants to advertize the idea of her longevity in Islam .. 'Hey look' I'm in the grace of god! .... It's bullshit and if she don't drop dead this year I say we tip her chair.

Now this years list originally had some obvious faults to it but Castro being first on the board was four stars by me, only four because he didn't die. I mean back in January I was even convinced - Between the media and the celebrations in Cuba it had to be one of the greatest death show downs ever, only it didn't happen. I think Senator Tim Johnson and Piper were a gamble but I guess at the time they weren't a bad idea but 'between those who are reading' overall he always draws together impressive lists 'or at least I think so' but GR is not really the MVP of picking last minute candidates ... I'm sorry. Alfredo di Stefano didn't do it either.

For next year I think all the greats who survive this year should remain 'Even Castro at the bottom' but I feel the more successful the list is the better a forum there will be. If www.deathlist.net had twenty hits, that is more people searching Google and more people being brought here. I'm not sure if anybody has noticed, but in the past couple months the contribution to this forum hasn't been at a volume with sound like it always has been. I think even as it could have been worse, this list isn't finished yet but at this rate 'we are lucky' it hits double digits. Talking next year there are plenty quality names ready for DL fame and I'm expecting improvement and I hope the committee takes some of my advice and the advice of others in upcoming weeks.

The bottom line is any cancer or dementia is where the money is and look 'I don't want Deathlist' to become DDP - But I think selections should all be estimated along the lines of fame and health, so basically 'not every link DDT posts' since even as most of them are excellent 'not everybody knows who Archbishop Christodoulos is ...... or His Eminence Francis Eugene Cardinal George is .. and the list hits the floor :lol:

I'm looking forward to what is to be seen and I had to get this out of me.

For God sakes, whatever happens, drop Castro.

The amount of "guest posting" is ridiculous and every knob end from Lands End to John O Groats seems to be drawn to it like a magnet.

There is that much Horse shite posted on there it even makes me look intellectual.

Get shot of him!!

The amount of "guest posting" is ridiculous and every knob end from Lands End to John O Groats seems to be drawn to it like a magnet.

There is that much Horse shite posted on there it even makes me look intellectual.

Get shot of him!!

I think we should keep Castro for next year LFN, we are trying to keep the horseshit down as much as possible

Get shot of him!!

I can't wait for him to die, just so we're rid of these feckers! :lol:

I actually agree with whatch ya talkin' about here nephew. It's aggravating because it's not like every Castro ranter has something new to talk about. I also don't get how at least 2\3 of the ranters always have every letter capitalized... I don't know does communism make people yell? Is that a side effect of communism?

On a realistic level I can agree Fidel Castro shouldn't be on next years list, but if number 48\49 is empty we could give dictator Fidel Castro a little home down at the rug of the list. And that's it. That's where it stands.

I voted to keep Gore Vidal on the list. His life partner recently died, and perhaps more importantly, his long time nemisis

has now kicked the bucket. Read here about 'The Night of the Tiny Fist' .

Only 8 names now! My choice has popped off early.

If I had a second chance to vote, I'd keep Gore Vidal on the list.