Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

Of all the older Simpsons guest voice people he is one of the few I am least worried about going soon. I would say watch out for George H W

Did he actually do the voice of himself on The Simpsons though?

Technically yes.

I can't see him going in the next five years, to be honest.

He's 74, and he has had ALS since... forever. The problem is that given the stage of his disease, even a minor infection or pneumonia can cause grave problems. I'd say that he has a pretty good chance of dying before the age of 80.

Also if he develops any form of cancer or heart problems treatment would be very difficult.

Nah, it'd just be a case of plugging his jump leads into a 12 volt car battery while Mrs Hawking changes the four AAA's in his Speak & Spell. Job done. He'll be good for another 5 years !

The problem is that given the stage of his disease, even a minor infection or pneumonia can cause grave problems.

Grave problems. Hehe.

It cheers me up no end to know their are Hawking Groupies in the world. Not the ones that threaten to kill him obviously.....

It must be the voice.

I think that "someone" is our friend ALS.

Did you even click on the link though?

I guess it has been mentioned before that Hawking's ALS did not exhibit the “classic” progression patterns, which would have meant a death in his 20s. That being said, the most serious health scares he had were all linked to breathing difficulties and he even had a tracheostomy once.

So if he is not stabbed by any lunies or a desperate DDP-player, he will probably die of respiratory failure like most ALS sufferers. (In his case, a case of pneumonia will likely contribute to his demise.)

I think that "someone" is our friend ALS.

Did you even click on the link though?

I guess it has been mentioned before that Hawking's ALS did not exhibit the “classic” progression patterns, which would have meant a death in his 20s. That being said, the most serious health scares he had were all linked to breathing difficulties and he even had a tracheostomy once.

So if he is not stabbed by any lunies or a desperate DDP-player, he will probably die of respiratory failure like most ALS sufferers. (In his case, a case of pneumonia will likely contribute to his demise.)

Rule five states: "Players must not murder their chosen celebs. That's cheating, and cheating is wrong and is not in the spirit of the game, whatever that is!"

• Like 2

This ALS, is it the same as Motor Neurone Disease? Because I never seem to hear of that any more, whereas ALS seems to be all the rage.

This ALS, is is the same as Motor Neurone Disease? Because I never seem to hear of that any more, whereas ALS seems to be all the rage.

Google (Wikipedia) tells you that MND is either used as a synonym for ALS or as an umbrella term encompassing five incurable neurodegenerative conditions including ALS. That being said, Stephen seems to have a special case of ALS (or MND), since he's still alive.

This ALS, is is the same as Motor Neurone Disease? Because I never seem to hear of that any more, whereas ALS seems to be all the rage.

Google (Wikipedia) tells you that MND is either used as a synonym for ALS or as an umbrella term encompassing five incurable neurodegenerative conditions including ALS. That being said, Stephen seems to have a special case of ALS (or MND), since he's still alive.

Cheers. So it's probably safer to use the term MND if we're not sure.

Re the someone trying to kill him; this is Hollywood gold, right. Every wacky actress struggling to stay relevant is probably eyeing the (unwritten) part already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36687631?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Re the someone trying to kill him; this is Hollywood gold, right. Every wacky actress struggling to stay relevant is probably eyeing the (unwritten) part already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36687631?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Looks like they're ineligible for the prize now, aren't they?

I got to say. It's very impressive that he's still alive after being diagnosed at 17. That's 56 years with ALS and he's still alive

I got to say. It's very impressive that he's still alive after being diagnosed at 17. That's 56 years with ALS and he's still alive

A better poker player than Sir Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEa7CfPaCRw

• Like 1

According to Stephen Hawking, you shouldn't use vaccines

According to Stephen Hawking, you shouldn't use vaccines

since when.

True.

He has a few years left in him, Robots usually die around 80.

• Like 1

He has a few years left in him, Robots usually die around 80.

Aye but Andrew Martin lived for a couple of hundred years.