Death in Vegas

Time Added

Guest Carlisle is crap
Carter was - briefly - on loan at Carlisle.

No wonder he committed suicide.anybody would be ashamed to play or have played for such a 9th rate pub team

I feel like the Rothmans Obituary page right now:

Ron Stitfall, like Hill, a two-time capped player for Wales & a legend for Cardiff City is dead. Died of dementia, like Siddall. Not good, not good at all. Too many dead cos of it.

So too is Brian Siddall, ex Bournemouth, Stoke, Ipswich player is dead. He t'was 78

Alex Simpson, ex Wolves, Soton & Shrewsbury wing-half is also dead. See here if you dare

Cyril Ordish, who played for Reading & Sheffield Weds pre-WW2 is dead. He died last year, but has only just come through now. He also played for Ipswich who seem to have a lot dying... hmm.. Sir Bobby next?

finally, Eddie Quinlan. Tottenham & Reading player is also dead. Alas

RIP to all.

Guest David
Bobby Moncur is now cancer free.

Fantastic game last night - and deservedly won by Spain. My cousin rang from Barcelona after the game - and he said the party was amazing. I also drank rather a lot celebrating the win - so I've got a killing hangover.

I also drank rather a lot celebrating the win - so I've got a killing hangover.

Was Scotland in the final? I must have missed something.

• Like 1

Guest David

No, none of the Brit teams qualified - but as I often go to Spain over the summer, I rooted for them and was overjoyed when they won. If Scotland ever get to the final, I'll be on such a bender you'll never hear from me again.

No, none of the Brit teams qualified - but as I often go to Spain over the summer, I rooted for them and was overjoyed when they won. If Scotland ever get to the final, I'll be on such a bender you'll never hear from me again.

You've made my day, even if you are a leg pulling poster disguised as a guest, either way perhaps you'll be staying for a wee while yet eh?

Frequency of qualifying:

blue_moon.jpg

Likelihood of winning:

hell-freezes-over.jpg

Excellent logic. I had a Chinese meal the other night so can I hope for them at the Olympics this summer?

You've made my day, even if you are a leg pulling poster disguised as a guest, either way perhaps you'll be staying for a wee while yet eh?

Frequency of qualifying:

blue_moon.jpg

Likelihood of winning:

hell-freezes-over.jpg

As much as England then...

Guest David

Frequency of qualifying:

blue_moon.jpg

Likelihood of winning:

hell-freezes-over.jpg

As much as England then...

I'll stay as long as I'm welcome. I shouldn't worry, though - I don't think Scotland will ever get to a major final - let alone win it.

Former Rochdale and Oldham midfielder, Ernie Cooksey, 27, is suffering from malignant melanoma. :skull:

Ernie Cooksey has died.

Former Rochdale and Oldham midfielder, Ernie Cooksey, 27, is suffering from malignant melanoma. :skull:

Ernie Cooksey has died.

You wouldn't have thought there was enough sunshine on Rochdale to make that possible. I mean, if it could happen there, it could happen in Cumbria!

If Scotland ever get to the final, I'll be on such a bender you'll never hear from me again.

Sounds like a gay old time will be had in Scotland if the do ever get to a final...

Guest David
If Scotland ever get to the final, I'll be on such a bender you'll never hear from me again.

Sounds like a gay old time will be had in Scotland if the do ever get to a final...

Yep - we Scots do enjoy a good time. If we ever get to a major final, the entire planet will be amazed. If you fancy, I'll introduce you to the Glasgow party scene.

Guest Goliath

Yep - we Scots do enjoy a good time. If we ever get to a major final, the entire planet will be amazed. If you fancy, I'll introduce you to the Glasgow party scene.

Is there a Canal Street in Glasgow?

Guest David

Is there a Canal Street in Glasgow?

I don't think there is. But if you ever fancy coming up when I'm back home for the Old Firm derby, I'll take you for a pint in my local after the match. It's a great city and you'll love it - although don't ever think you can beat us in a drinking contest. I'm off on my holidays this afternoon - so you'll not hear from me for another week.

More non league football deathly stuff: Ian Crawley, who scored winning goals at Wembley in two FA finals, has beaten (it says here) pancreatic cancer, only to face succumbing to motor neurone disease. Sadly for Deathlisters, the FA finals were the FA Vase and the FA Trophy, and the clubs he scored for were VS Rugby and Telford, so I doubt he'll get a UK obit.

Ian Crawley has died.

The 'football' thread is mainly a place to discuss progress of our teams, so I'm suggesting this one in the mould of the 'rugger buggers' and 'will ill kill phil hill' as a place to keep tabs on the obit worthy lingerers at the door of the departure loungue. You know, like Stan Bowles and Malcolm Allison. Obviously the high profile Sir Bobby Robson gets to keep his own thread, but Bobby Moncur and the rest probably belong here.

Article giving props to Allison, despite calling him a buffoon.

Malcolm Allison's mind has gone, and he spends his days in a care home. Talk about "life's sunless hill".

The 'football' thread is mainly a place to discuss progress of our teams, so I'm suggesting this one in the mould of the 'rugger buggers' and 'will ill kill phil hill' as a place to keep tabs on the obit worthy lingerers at the door of the departure loungue. You know, like Stan Bowles and Malcolm Allison. Obviously the high profile Sir Bobby Robson gets to keep his own thread, but Bobby Moncur and the rest probably belong here.

Article giving props to Allison, despite calling him a buffoon.

Malcolm Allison's mind has gone, and he spends his days in a care home. Talk about "life's sunless hill".

If Malcolm Allison had the funds Man City have now, he'd probably bankrupt the sheikhs in about 18 months flat... :rolleyes:

If Malcolm Allison had the funds Man City have now, he'd probably bankrupt the sheikhs in about 18 months flat... :rolleyes:

Months? You're too kind. 18 hours more like........

Michael Barrymore?

As for Kalocsai, he only recently passed away - the link is in Hungarian, but he appears to have died on 29 July 2007.

You might be interested in this OoO. I got this message after I tried to insert his date of death on his Wikipedia page:

Hi!

I know it is almost unbeleivable, but Géza Kalocsay didn't die in 2007. The article you referred is talking about another Hungarian footballplayer with exactly the same name, but with a different lifeline. Pay attention to to other Kalocsay's different date (7 December, 1914) and place (Szeged) of birth, and different career. I was discussing this in a forum with football historians, and we concluded, that the two Kalocsay's are not connected at all.

So it appears that there's another survivor.

This time, the real Géza Kalocsay has died.

While I'm posting, Juan Tuñas, the last surviving player from Cuba's 1938 World Cup Squad, is 91 years young. Although the article is a bit outdated, I haven't seen any notice of his death. Probably zero obit chances, but interesting nonetheless.

As for Kalocsai, he only recently passed away - the link is in Hungarian, but he appears to have died on 29 July 2007.

You might be interested in this OoO. I got this message after I tried to insert his date of death on his Wikipedia page:

Hi!

I know it is almost unbeleivable, but Géza Kalocsay didn't die in 2007. The article you referred is talking about another Hungarian footballplayer with exactly the same name, but with a different lifeline. Pay attention to to other Kalocsay's different date (7 December, 1914) and place (Szeged) of birth, and different career. I was discussing this in a forum with football historians, and we concluded, that the two Kalocsay's are not connected at all.

While I'm posting, Juan Tuñas, the last surviving player from Cuba's 1938 World Cup Squad, is 91 years young. Although the article is a bit outdated, I haven't seen any notice of his death. Probably zero obit chances, but interesting nonetheless.

Nay, jaw-dropping. Even now I'm struggling with the cosmic proportions of these revelations.

Hi!

Zmarł legendarny trener Górnika Zabrze

W piątek, w wieku 95 lat zmarł w Budapeszcie Geza Kalocsay, były trener piłkarzy Górnika Zabrze - poinformował klub. Węgier zdobył z Górnikiem mistrzostwo Polski w 1967 roku i dwukrotnie Puchar Polski (1968 i 1969).

Geza Kalocsay urodził się 30 maja 1913 roku w miejscowości Berehovo (wówczas Austro-Węgry). W Zabrzu pracował jako trener w latach 1966-1969. Był w węgierskim sztabie szkoleniowym Gustava Sebesa w finałach MŚ w 1954 roku.

... just for those who wanted definitive proof that the real Geza Kolocsay had W piateked.

• Like 1