Robin Gibb vs. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just heard yesterday Gibb is going back on tour with Zsa Zsa on drums,Biggs on Bass and Mehragi on rhythm guitar.

Dunn fulfilling the Bez role, obviously.

Now if Stevie Wonder could drive the tour bus........

• Like 1

Mehragi his little plane job could have come down very close to my parts* of the land .

Don't think he should get Virgins,don't think Virgin Atlantic where around then.

The Gibb guy should last longer that stupid advert is keeping people on their toes

and if he can talk they will pump him up real good.

A double act that's interesting.

I think Megrahi will last a little longer but I've got a feeling Gibb won't see the week out.

Doh!

A win for Gibb. But...take off the funny blue specs...add a cowl and a scythe...looks a bit familiar.

I'm sure both will be in the winner's enclosure come the summers end...

huzzah megrahi is dead , great news great news indeed and he isn't even on my deathlist :D

Mehragi his little plane job could have come down very close to my parts* of the land .

Don't think he should get Virgins,don't think Virgin Atlantic where around then.

The Gibb guy should last longer that stupid advert is keeping people on their toes

and if he can talk they will pump him up real good.

A double act that's interesting.

Well the old ,I was walking down the road minding my own affair,when two CIA dudes

grap me and i was unaware,they say is your name Mehragi

and i say why sure,they say well your the dude we been looking for.

I was FRAMED,framed i never did nothing a wiz Frammmmmmeda.

Well he dead now no virgins for the old fart and he has beat the Gibb to the last dance .

he has beat the Gibb to the last dance .

With Donna, you mean? Very good.

Topic closed.

regards,

Hein

Topic reopened temporarily. Both deaths have been announced on the same day, while I think it is likely in this day and age with the instant media we have that Megrahi died first, until time of death for both are announced I will keep this open, often press statements on deaths are held back for a few hours..

Very closely run contest

2 deaths in one day a very rare for the deathlist .

will it be possible to know for sure which of them actually died first?

In the interests of the politically correct - There can be no loser..... so we should call this a Dead Heat.

I'm wondering if either of them knew we were pitting the two against each other.

Guest Cunt Bear

Oh, I think Robin knew allright....

Has there ever been a day like this in Deathlist history?? Two deaths within 8 hours?

The 2002 spate of deaths rivals it, I think. 2 hits by the end of March (Chuck Jones and Spike Milligan) no doubt cause the tongues of whatever passed for the equivalent of internet trolls in those days wagging.

Then on the 27th March, news breaks that both Dudley Moore AND Milton Berle had both died. Before the obits are even freshly off the press for either, news comes in the next day that Billy Wilder is gone. No hits on the third day, which was just a teaser, as on the fourth, only the Queen Mum goes and pops her clogs. So four hits within 70 hours of each other.

That always struck me looking back as an incredible turn of events for the DL.

The July 2007 splurge was astounding too, but that effected the DDP and not the DL, iirc.

will it be possible to know for sure which of them actually died first?

Yes, Megrahi, first reported and - as a rule - news out of Libya is that bit slower. Gibb was staked-out by the tabloids and the turn-round between death and announcement was very slight. The family more or less had to issue a statement because it would have been reported anyway.