maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Clue....they were both brunettes..... ;)

Clue....they were both brunettes..... ;)

They were? I thought the taller one was blonde

I understand it's an observation rather than a criticism. Someone who was an integral part of one of the most iconic songs and had a prominent role in the video on a worldwide stage is obscure? The chorus is in fact all the two girls, yet we are only to be concerned with the two blokes in the band? And then years down the line, someone will say on here after Trevor Horn's death "I wonder what became of the girls in the video/on the song".

I guessed she was worth mentioning. I know some folk are here for obitability, deadpooling purposes or many other reasons. I caught this titbit of information and do think it's worth mentioning, assuming it is factually correct (she's mentioned on the Wiki page for the song too).

I've said before, no big star ever makes it on their own, especially in the music business. This lady may be "obscure" to some, eminently famous to others (Scott Weiland's can of worms opens up), but hey in the future someone can pop in a search and find the post. They won't be searching for a dead cancer mom in three months from their death, but huzzah there'll be plenty of posts about them.

Anyway, love you all and I'll no doubt put up more posts which might not matter to some, but at least I'll hope you find informative.

An iconic song.

Interesting observation.

Prefer "Infinity" to any Motorhead track, ngl. RIP big man.

It's not too bad, at first it reminded me of some of the early tunes by The Shamen.

John 'Brad' Bradbury, drummer with The Specials, has died at the age of 52.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35194738

Nooooooooooooo! FFS, as if taking Lemmy wasn't enough :angry:

The 2015 fire sale...

Stevie Wright, Lemmy and now John Bradbury. Someone is seriously taking the piss here.

'Tis the season to.....louse up your 2016 lists! Every passing minute gets us closer....fortunately I've been spared so far (well, excepting Greville Janner on my Deathrace who has now been replaced by my first sub), but I'm not counting my chickens now....

Coff+++++Specials aka +++++ not the Specials+++++

Coff+++++Specials aka +++++ not the Specials+++++

He was in The Specials every time I saw them.

IMBW but Special AKA was what Jerry Dammers called the band after the Fun Boy Three left. So Brad was in both.

No longer time for the Guru...

• Like 1

This might not be the best thread (and please move it to one more appropriate if it exists), but English DJ Guru Josh, dead at 51.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/guru-josh-rave-dj-dies-aged-51/news-story/60ef7bf39ab9c29557d0699ef92c4627

He had a bit hit in Oz in 1990 with a catchy tune called Infinity. Knew a German bloke at the time who looked just like him.

This might not be the best thread (and please move it to one more appropriate if it exists), but English DJ Guru Josh, dead at 51.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/guru-josh-rave-dj-dies-aged-51/news-story/60ef7bf39ab9c29557d0699ef92c4627

He had a bit hit in Oz in 1990 with a catchy tune called Infinity. Knew a German bloke at the time who looked just like him.

Or you could have looked at the posts DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS!!

Egad!

SC

Apparently she died, yesterday.

And now Parliament and Funkadelic keyboard player Bernie Worrell has been diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer...

http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2016/01/04/p-funk-legend-bernie-worrell-has-stage-4-cancer/78257920/

And now Parliament and Funkadelic keyboard player Bernie Worrell has been diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer...http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2016/01/04/p-funk-legend-bernie-worrell-has-stage-4-cancer/78257920/

do you think he would obit?