Teddy

Clive Dunn

Guest AJP

:(

You have to laugh at this 'death list'. In the final analysis we die. Forget about celebrities who you may think may be near the end and concentrate on the few years you have on this plantet and maximise them. If you are male the average is a mere 74 years... no computer will prolong that, nor any amount of cash.

If it helps at all, I'm willing to volunteer myself as a guineapig to see if having a vast amount of money extends life. I'm not sure how we would conduct this experiment, but handing over the money to me would be the first step.

DWB :(

If it helps at all, I'm willing to volunteer myself as a guineapig to see if having a vast amount of money extends life. I'm not sure how we would conduct this experiment, but handing over the money to me would be the first step.

DWB ;)

I'm not sure that's such a good idea DWB. I'm not sure how long they live for, but I'm pretty sure that guineapigs, rich or poor, don't last long.

And besides, only the very, very richest guineapigs would be able to afford a hutch with internet access, so how would Death Watch Guineapig be able access DL then?

Why has Clive Dunn been wiped from this years list

Sure he has survived all the other lists but what if he dies this year

All the effort the researchers for Death list put in would be ruined

Guest lived so lets die

If you look at www.derbydeadpool.co.uk you will find that clive dunn, is on many persons lists although i hav'nt got him on mine. So all research on Clive Dunn would'nt have been waisted afterall. :ph34r:

I would guess Clive did not make the 2005

list because apparently he in good health

at the moment.

That, and the fact that it's a well established fact that he's immortal........

Do two facts make a fiction?

Why has Clive Dunn been wiped from this years list

Sure he has survived all the other lists but what if he dies this year

All the effort the researchers for Death list put in would be ruined

......and it's taken you how long to notice that he's not on the list?????????

i have noticed but i only just thought about adding it to the forum

I have not seen him in any recent news stories, but he should be turning 83 this year.

Btw: This thread could be merged here with the previous Clive Dunn thread

Merged [PB]

I think your link is faulty.

I think your link is faulty.

I think your computers faulty, link worked ok for me!

It took me to page 1 of that topic

Ah! I see. I think thats what ff was trying to do, just to show there was already a thread open. ;)

Howdy folks,

Apologies firstly (I'm sure this has been discussed already) but as a newbie to the site I couldn't help but notice that Clive Dunn "deathlist favourite" didn't make the list in 2005.

Whilst trying to find a thread under the search facility I was intrigued to note that as far back as 1987 he was number 1 and featured strongly in the 1990's. Recently he hasn't lived up to his billing only making 32nd place in 2000 and 50th last year!

Couple of questions:

Is it now assumed he has made a pack with Lucifer aka the U-boat captain and has achieved immortality?

Is this an unusual pattern ie number 1 nigh on 18 years previously to current "off lister"?

Great forum BTW :)

I hate to state the obvious about Clive Dunn, but when he played the coffin dodging Corporal Jones in Dad's Army he was in his mid-forties and, er, wore a lot of make up to look like he was in his seventies....it's hardly likely you'd have got a 70+ actor to do some of the stunts Jones does in the show.

Most of the other actors pretty much played their real ages (I think John Laurie was the oldest, being already 70-something when the show started in the 1960's. I believe he had actually more or less retired after a long career as a serious classical stage actor when he was cast).

Anyway, the point is that while the great Mr Dunn may now be within range of Death List candidature, it was a bit premature putting him on in the '80s when he was barely 60. Confusion seems to have arisen out of his making a career from playing old gits and overlooking the fact that he was 20-30 years younger than his contemporaries in Dad's Army.

Of course the other reason he has outlived most of the rest of the cast is that many of them were heroic drinkers of the old school and were not likely to last that long anyway.

Of course the other reason he has outlived most of the rest of the cast is that many of them were heroic drinkers of the old school and were not likely to last that long anyway.

Not wrong there, in the later episodes John the Tapemeasure having given up his daily G + T on Doctors advice atually looked 100 times worse.

So refering to my second question does this make Dunny the longest surviving former number 1?

I always thought it rather touching that John Le Mesurier found life without drink so miserable (and, as you say, he looks it in the later TV shows) that apparently his family all went along with him going back on the bottle in his final years so he could have a happier, if shorter life!

I always thought it rather touching that John Le Mesurier found life without drink so miserable (and, as you say, he looks it in the later TV shows) that apparently his family all went along with him going back on the bottle in his final years so he could have a happier, if shorter life!

Indeed who'd have thought he would have out lived Arthur Lowe John Laurie and Edwin Sinclair?

The evils of drink eh!

So refering to my second question does this make Dunny the longest surviving former number 1?

Do you want to know if he has survived the longest after being named number 1? Of course he has. He was number 1 in the first year and is still alive.