Crispy

Andy Fordham Memorial Darts Thread

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ooh, I feel like DevonDeathTrip.

What, all emotional cos the Monkey awards just praised you as poster of the year?

A raft of top players from the BDO (they're the one's currently playing on BBC for those of you ignorant about darts) including Fordham look set to switch to the rival PDC circuit according to this most reliable of sources.

I can't see him achieving much given the generally higher standard of play in the PDC but best of luck to him anyway.

You've also got to wonder what this latest group of defections is going to do for the health of Stalinist BDO supremo Olly Croft, who's no spring chicken.

I saw Fordham being interviewed during Sky's world championship coverage yesterday. He's put some weight back on, but is still off the booze and seemed hopeful that he won't need a liver transplant any time soon.

He's not ranked in the world's top 200 and has won a grand total of £800 this year, so I doubt we'll be seeing him compete on TV in a fair while, if at all.

Darts player Shaun Greatbatch is competing at the BDO version of the world championships despite undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma.

As for Greatbatch, a search doesn't uncover any recent news about his illness, but does suggest he's still darting.

I saw Fordham being interviewed during Sky's world championship coverage yesterday. He's put some weight back on, but is still off the booze and seemed hopeful that he won't need a liver transplant any time soon.

He's not ranked in the world's top 200 and has won a grand total of £800 this year, so I doubt we'll be seeing him compete on TV in a fair while, if at all.

Darts player Shaun Greatbatch is competing at the BDO version of the world championships despite undergoing treatment for multiple myeloma.

As for Greatbatch, a search doesn't uncover any recent news about his illness, but does suggest he's still darting.

I hadn't seen the Viking for some time, but there's no way I would have recognised him - apart from the mullet of course. Despite the devaluation of the Embassy, due to the exodus of able players to the 'other side', I still greatly enjoy Lakeside.

Tony 'the Deadly Boomerang' David, the Lakeside-champ of 2002, has had surgery to have his spleen removed, according to the BDO-site. His haemophilia has led to hepatitis and a liver transplant earlier this year, but his health scare ain't over yet.

I've always wondered about this mysterious spleen. You can do without, obiously, but in that case, why would evolution have provided us with one?

John Thomas "Jocky" Wilson, World Darts Champion, 1982, 1989, is in very serious trouble indeed. Advanced COPD and a breathing machine by all accounts. Kirkaldy's finest may have cast his last arrow, alas.

I think he looks better with a bit of meat on him, he looked awful when he lost all the weight and went too thin.

That's my excuse too. :(

Guest Guest

Thats a shocker.Scotland will be in a state of mourning.A true sports ambassador for them

Thats a shocker.Scotland will be in a state of mourning.A true sports ambassador for them

Bollocks!!!!!

jocky3.jpg

:rip:

The wife and I were talking about that performance on TOTP just the other day

Line of conversation..

wife "Dexy's Midnight Runners are mentioned in this list of one-hit wonders on Cracked.com"

me "hmmm they're not a one-hit wonder"

wife "oh yeah, Jocky Wilson Said was another, but not here. Whatever happened to Jocky Wilson?"

me " he's still alive, if that's what you mean"

According to Sky Sports' darts coverage, Andy Hamilton's father is "very ill". Nice of them not to tell us this before December 31st last year.

I can't find a link for that on Sky Sports.

It was during commentary of the final.

Did they provide any more details?

Here's some more details:

Andy Hamilton's father dead. And as this has happened during the Premier League of Darts, it should get some mainstream coverage.

According to Sky Sports' darts coverage, Andy Hamilton's father is "very ill". Nice of them not to tell us this before December 31st last year.

I can't find a link for that on Sky Sports.

It was during commentary of the final.

Did they provide any more details?

Here's some more details:

Andy Hamilton's father dead. And as this has happened during the Premier League of Darts, it should get some mainstream coverage.

It's been a bad week for Premier League darts players' dads. As for their dads' dogs, I really couldn't say.

Ted 'The Count' Hankey has had a stroke and is out for the foreseeable.

That's a shame, I have a soft spot for the Count...

Out, for The Count.

Don't worry, I already have my coat.

Out, for The Count.

Don't worry, I already have my coat.

There may be treble ahead

• Like 2

Meanwhile, the Bee-Gee-esque Andy Fordham, last won money playing darts in October 2009, also released his autobiography around then and "retired" from the sport in 2011.

Probs a good move if he wants to live a long time. Though he did once "wipe the floor" with Hankey!

I voted no for a few reasons. Mostly I find darts to be as dull as grease hardening on an ice block so I want him removed from oxygen hogging.