Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Byron Nelson

This thread is the place to discuss Byron Nelson.

Used to be one of the honorary starters at the Masters along with Sam Snead and Gene Sarazen until a couple of years ago - Sam and Gene are very dead, so I don't have much optimism for Byron.......do you think his parents were dyslexic and meant to call him Bryon?

Byron's thread is a lot like war, short bursts of excitement followed by long periods of boredom. I found this though Byron Quotes.

What I'd most like to know is what was the chicken beating guy doing?

Byron's thread is a lot like war, short bursts of excitement followed by long periods of boredom. I found this though Byron Quotes.

What I'd most like to know is what was the chicken beating guy doing?

My God, he looks like he's beating a chicken.

Beating a chicken perhaps?

I'm not very good at golf, but even I could beat a chicken. :banghead:

I'm not very good at golf, but even I could beat a chicken.  :banghead:

Even Nick Fowl-do?

(tumbleweeds blow by)

I'm not very good at golf, but even I could beat a chicken.  :banghead:

Even Nick Fowl-do?

(tumbleweeds blow by)

Absolute class. Well done. How about Mark Hensby Number 48?

Guest Guest
Used to be one of the honorary starters at the Masters along with Sam Snead and Gene Sarazen until a couple of years ago - Sam and Gene are very dead, so I don't have much optimism for Byron.......do you think his parents were dyslexic and meant to call him Bryon?

Byron was a very popular name for males in the early 20th Century.

Byron was a very popular name for males in the early 20th Century.

He would also be a very popular pick if he checked

out death # 11 on this years list.

Felt sorry for poor old Byron Nelson, with only 10 posts.

So decided to look him up on Google images for all those people who haven't a clue what he looks like,

byronnelson_pic.jpg.....baron.jpg

Byron then...............and Byron now, pictured with his much younger wife Peggy. :lol:

'Byron then' looks rather camp.....

I was wondering when someone was going to revive him from the bottom of the thread list. I guess there's not that much special about him. He's an old guy who's still around. No speculative health problems, no recent activities, but also nothing to suggest how much time he's got left.

One day he's going to cark it and a lot of people are going to post on this thread mentioning that they were surprised/that they had forgotten that Byron was on the list.

So decided to look him up on Google images for all those people who haven't a clue what he looks like,

Byron then...............and Byron now, pictured with his much younger wife Peggy. :sicktherm:

Any news on his health?

Unfortunately the link is a subscription one, but Nelson is doing a radio interview this week & apparently still runs his "Byron Nelson Classic" event, so one has to presume that he is possibly another case of "Old doesn't mean dead",

Unfortunately the link is a subscription one, but Nelson is doing a radio interview this week & apparently still runs his "Byron Nelson Classic" event, so one has to presume that he is possibly another case of "Old doesn't mean dead",

I've heard he also plays the occasional round of golf, more for charity purposes and the odd guest appearance.

Someone went into Wikipedia and listed both Byron Nelson and Joseph Barbera as dead.

User history here.

Hmmm... both DL candidates... I wonder who might have done such a thing... <_<

Someone went into Wikipedia and listed both Byron Nelson and Joseph Barbera as dead.

User history here.

The evidence points toward a naughty Banshees Scream,

Interfering with the sacred Wiki, you fiend Banshees.

User history here.

The evidence points toward a naughty Banshees Scream,

Interfering with the sacred Wiki, you fiend Banshees.

oh well, I would have got a point for Joseph Barbera, although I don't want Byron Nelson to go as my father-in-law has him on his list and he's won every year for the past 5 years <_<

I was testing Wiki, I see the Joseph Barbera page has not yet been corrected. I will get to that... <_<

Byron's in the news. Sort of.

It was Woods' fifth victory at Firestone Country Club in seven starts and his fourth in a row on the PGA Tour.

However, he played down his achievement in joining Byron Nelson in fifth place in the all-time Tour standings with 52 career wins.

Problem is the old bugger remains healthy to the point that little erosion of his all time status is not life threatening.

We should maybe consider ageing sports stars only if they're also noted prima donnas, likely to have blood pressure surges when their long ago achievements are bettered by people they consider upstarts, or summat.

Guest Guest

wil live forever !