DevonDeathTrip

From Cleric To Relic

Archbishop Christodoulos is now in a critical condition, his kidneys have started to malfunction

“He has clarity of thought but his condition is serious. He has trouble breathing due to the pain relief patches,” said a spokesman for the Holy Synod.

I don't think he's going to see 2008.

Oh don't say that. Not when he's so close, he's gonna be my Joker... :lol:

• Like 1

Getting off the topic of 'Christodolous' for just a minute I figured that I would mention the health of Pope Shenouda who's story has gone from 'kidney stones' to now 'kidney failure' :lol:

O and Rt Rev Ian Cundy is now finally about to start his first round of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer back in November. http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Bishop-t...rapy.3573731.jp

The tables have turned at some degree. Patriarch Pavle the head of the Serbian Orthodox church has demonstrated serious deterioration and is being treated at the Belgrade Military Hospital.

http://www.pr-inside.com/serb-patriarch-pa...tor-r351873.htm

Archbishop Christodoulos just might live to see New Years as he has received chemotherapy. The source reads 'condition has improved' but I still doubt he will see February. ;)

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...5/12/2007_91200

The tables have turned at some degree. Patriarch Pavle the head of the Serbian Orthodox church has demonstrated serious deterioration and is being treated at the Belgrade Military Hospital.

Archbishop Christodoulos just might live to see New Years as he has received chemotherapy. The source reads 'condition has improved' but I still doubt he will see February. ;)

It's a last ditch effort. All he has to do is last 15 more days.... ;)

At least he's feeling well enough to last to Christmas, which is a good sign. I've planned to have them both on DDP 08 for a while now.

At least he's feeling well enough to last to Christmas, which is a good sign. I've planned to have them both on DDP 08 for a while now.

I think some Orthodox members follow the old calendar in which Christmas is January 7th. Hopefully they set there sights on that date and hang on. ;)

I think some Orthodox members follow the old calendar in which Christmas is January 7th. Hopefully they set there sights on that date and hang on. ;)

Ah, I was raised Ukrainian Orthodox, so I suppose I made that reference without clearing it up. But yes, The Miser is correct, that's why I meant that it was a good sign - January 7.

Rabbi Isaac Cohen, Chief Rabbi of Ireland's Jewish community for over twenty years, has died at the age of 93. Ireland has 1800 Jews (Afghanistan has only 1)

Meanwhile our friend Archbishop Christodolous has given a New Years message, the themes were "the passing of time and the inevitability of death" :sicktherm:

Rabbi Isaac Cohen, Chief Rabbi of Ireland's Jewish community for over twenty years, has died at the age of 93. Ireland has 1800 Jews (Afghanistan has only 1)

Meanwhile our friend Archbishop Christodolous has given a New Years message, the themes were "the passing of time and the inevitability of death" :sicktherm:

Phew! You had me going again there, just as I've entered my team for DDP2008.....

Christodouos ‘upbeat,’ visitors say, well enough to resume treatment

Archbishop Christodoulos received visitors on Monday and listened to seasonal carols with apparent good cheer and stoicism that attracted widespread praise. Visitors included Thessaloniki Prefect Panayiotis Psomiadis who sang carols before the archbishop with a visiting delegation of Black Sea Greeks. Psomiadis also gave Christodoulos a religious icon. Christodoulos, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, pondered death – “This is the fate of all mortals” – and stressed the importance of accuracy in historical accounts. Later, the archbishop, whose condition is said to have improved over the past few days, was deemed fit enough to undergo chemotherapy

Archbishop Christodoulos received visitors on Monday and listened to seasonal carols with apparent good cheer and stoicism that attracted widespread praise. Visitors included Thessaloniki Prefect Panayiotis Psomiadis who sang carols before the archbishop with a visiting delegation of Black Sea Greeks. Psomiadis also gave Christodoulos a religious icon. Christodoulos, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, pondered death – “This is the fate of all mortals” – and stressed the importance of accuracy in historical accounts. Later, the archbishop, whose condition is said to have improved over the past few days, was deemed fit enough to undergo chemotherapy

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :lol:

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :banghead:

I wouldn't get too upset yet...I think this means a matter of a few months rather then a few months. :)

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :banghead:

I wouldn't get too upset yet...I think this means a matter of a few months rather then a few months. :)

Aye, as the man himself might say......have faith!

The Most Archbishop Lawrence Burke, Archbishop of Kingston and President of The Antilles Episcopal Conference, is stepping down because he is suffering from cancer. He's one of the most influential religious figures in the Carribbean and I reckon The Times or The Telegraph would give him a UK obit.

The Most Archbishop Lawrence Burke, Archbishop of Kingston and President of The Antilles Episcopal Conference, is stepping down because he is suffering from cancer. He's one of the most influential religious figures in the Carribbean and I reckon The Times or The Telegraph would give him a UK obit.

Yeah, but its so early in the year, he'll probably be gone by the time DDP 2009 comes around. Still, useful to know anyhow...

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :)

I wouldn't get too upset yet...I think this means a matter of a few months rather then a few months. ;)

Doesn't sound good....

Ailing archbishop

Christodoulos may commence with chemotherapy after condition worsens

Archbishop Christodoulos could receive chemotherapy treatment by injection today as his condition has worsened. The head of the Church of Greece is suffering from liver cancer and the apparent deterioration in his condition has prompted his potential successors to begin forming alliances in the hope of succeeding him, sources said. There were several discussions between bishops on the sidelines of yesterday’s Holy Synod meeting.

Archbishop Christodoulos could receive chemotherapy treatment by injection today as his condition has worsened. The head of the Church of Greece is suffering from liver cancer and the apparent deterioration in his condition has prompted his potential successors to begin forming alliances in the hope of succeeding him, sources said. There were several discussions between bishops on the sidelines of yesterday’s Holy Synod meeting

Archbishop Christodoulos has decided to stay at home and not bother with any more chemotherapy. :old:

Archbishop Christodoulos could receive chemotherapy treatment by injection today as his condition has worsened. The head of the Church of Greece is suffering from liver cancer and the apparent deterioration in his condition has prompted his potential successors to begin forming alliances in the hope of succeeding him, sources said. There were several discussions between bishops on the sidelines of yesterday’s Holy Synod meeting

Archbishop Christodoulos has decided to stay at home and not bother with any more chemotherapy. :old:

In your own time... :lol:

Metropolitan Anthimos of Thessaloniki stated that the Archbishop’s health was deteriorating at a pace that gave rise to concern but was not especially rapid.

This is agony, I mean, he's number one on my HPDP team.

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :lol:

I wouldn't get too upset yet...I think this means a matter of a few months rather then a few months. :old:

Are you certain that doesn't mean a matter of a few months perhaps? :angry:

oh...fantastic news....I think he was my joker..... :ghost:

I wouldn't get too upset yet...I think this means a matter of a few months rather then a few months. :rolleyes:

Are you certain that doesn't mean a matter of a few months perhaps? :P

Almost certainly, although there is an outside chance that he will last a few months. :blink: