Lady Die

The Death Penalty

Do you agree with the Death Penalty?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My reasons against the death penalty are Derek Bentley, Ruth Ellis and Timothy Evans.

Aye, but three decent movies as a result, not a complete waste, then.

Another genuine lol moment there.

Cheers Mary! :lol:

Electric chair if I mind right...

Pneumatic orthopaedic armchairs are far more efficient,

Look how many kids have suffocated to death after getting trapped in their mechanis.........

Maybe not, but its something to have a chew over, aye.

Dr Hawley Crippen was convicted and hanged for the murder of his wife, Cora. The remains of the body referred to in court were subsequently found by DNA testing to be those of a man.

Dr Hawley Crippen was convicted and hanged for the murder of his wife, Cora. The remains of the body referred to in court were subsequently found by DNA testing to be those of a man.

So, he botched his own attempt at transgender surgery on the missus and tried to escape before the results did for his career, right?

Guest shitforbrains

Who the fuck was Derek Batey?

Who the fuck was Derek Batey?

Serial shagger, legendary in fact.

Responsible for most divorces in UK during the 70's & 80's.

Died in an electric chair bondage thing a couple of years back. Think, "older Michael Hutchence, but who dressed elegantly".

• Like 3

Guest shitforbrains

Ah, yes, I remember watching that as a bored child.

Was that the only TV show in eternity to come out of Carlisle?

Ah, yes, I remember watching that as a bored child.

Was that the only TV show in eternity to come out of Carlisle?

A couple of swingers made a kids show.

Having said I personally don`t think the death penalty is the best punishment I don`t particularly care if some arsehole rapist or murderer in Texas gets the chair.Just though I would clear that up so none of you thought I was a hippy do-gooder pacifist or summat :P

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

While I'm neither hippy (If anything, I'm a punk rocker), do-gooder, nor pacifist, some of my best friends are hippy do-gooder pacifists. :P

• Like 1

Having said I personally don`t think the death penalty is the best punishment I don`t particularly care if some arsehole rapist or murderer in Texas gets the chair.Just though I would clear that up so none of you thought I was a hippy do-gooder pacifist or summat :P

While I'm neither hippy (If anything, I'm a punk rocker), do-gooder, nor pacifist, some of my best friends are hippy do-gooder pacifists. :P

magere where were you?

So, he botched his own attempt at transgender surgery on the missus and tried to escape before the results did for his career, right?

Nah me duck, he was a quack homeopathist.

magere where were you?

Cut of from the interweb, for several reasons, one of which was a spot of travel to places where bits are expensive.

• Like 1

I have never met a person of that description who wasn`t utterly insufferable :P maybe I just haven`t met a wide enough variety of them.Good to have you back by the way Magere :) !

magere where were you?

Cut of from the interweb, for several reasons, one of which was a spot of travel to places where bits are expensive.
glad your back

Thought I'd receive this since if things go to plan on the 16th Richard gossip will be executed and honestly I don't know wheiter this guy is innocent or not because on one hand you have a witness varying in testimony and on the other his alibi fails as why would he try to get a lawyer before he'd know that Sneed will point him out.

My opinion is that although a tempting prospect as a punishment to some abhorrent crimes such as murder rape and child molestation the death penalty is not the best solution.If you want someone to suffer for their crimes why kill them?Dead people can`t suffer after all.

you see the thing is that in prison they have items such as a PlayStation sure its only once a week but still which one do you think would bring more suffering death or prison and if you need more proof of this just look at the way they will try to get put of it.
  • Like 1

My opinion is that although a tempting prospect as a punishment to some abhorrent crimes such as murder rape and child molestation the death penalty is not the best solution.If you want someone to suffer for their crimes why kill them?Dead people can`t suffer after all.

you see the thing is that in prison they have items such as a PlayStation sure its only once a week but still which one do you think would bring more suffering death or prison and if you need more proof of this just look at the way they will try to get put of it.

They should make them suffer by letting them play on a pc with MS Vista

• Like 1

Its 50 ago years today that the death penalty for murder was suspended in England & Wales.

Its 50 ago years today that the death penalty for murder was suspended in England & Wales.

I like what you did there.

I like what you did there.

Can't take any credit, it was The Guardian what did it.

The U.S.A. Has the largest prison population as a percentage of its own population! It NEEDS to cull them on a regular basis. It has around 5℅ of the world's population as a whole, yet it has nearly 25℅ of the total people held in prison. Texas has the highest of the states but then, the southern states tend to have more draconian laws any way. Land of the free. Ah, such Irony. ;-)

The U.S.A. Has the largest prison population as a percentage of its own population! It NEEDS to cull them on a regular basis. It has around 5℅ of the world's population as a whole, yet it has nearly 25℅ of the total people held in prison. Texas has the highest of the states but then, the southern states tend to have more draconian laws any way. Land of the free. Ah, such Irony. ;-)

Well, at least they (traditionally) only threw people in jail for violent or serious crimes instead of just because you disagree with the government. You know, unlike certain places on earth you might mention.

A few more years with a "Democrat" at the helm and that might only be a vague memory of course.

Well, at least they (traditionally) only threw people in jail for violent or serious crimes instead of just because you disagree with the government. You know, unlike certain places on earth you might mention.

A few more years with a "Democrat" at the helm and that might only be a vague memory of course.

I assume you're talking about Russia, Dr Z (of course you might never have heard of Sacco and Vanzetti).

.And, Grimmmm, BTW the Death Penalty in the US if it is culling anybody it's Blacks.

I assume you're talking about Russia, Dr Z (of course you might never have heard of Sacco and Vanzetti).

.And, Grimmmm, BTW the Death Penalty in the US if it is culling anybody it's Blacks.

Actually I was talking about Cuba but yes good point, countries run by ex-KGB people are also gonna be similar hellholes.