little sister

Photographers

Mirror spoprts photographer Monte Fresco has died aged 77. He took this rather famous photo...

Paul-Gascoigne-and-Vinnie-Jones-2894297.jpg

Ironically the chances of either of these two seeing 77 are slim.

• Like 1

Swiss photographer René Burri died today, aged 81.

Of the many pictures he made, perhaps the most widely known one is:

Ren%C3%A8-Burri-Che-Guevara-smoking-a-cigar-1963.jpeg

regards,

Hein

Yosra El-Essawy has now outlived her "nine months" diagnosis, and is still undergoing chemo. I have no idea what any of this means.

Cancer has now spread to her ovaries, and she's back in hospital taking pictures this bad.

Died in the past 15 minutes. Looks like I have a fun weekend of waiting to see if she obits.

Yosra El-Essawy has now outlived her "nine months" diagnosis, and is still undergoing chemo. I have no idea what any of this means.

Cancer has now spread to her ovaries, and she's back in hospital taking pictures this bad.

Died in the past 15 minutes. Looks like I have a fun weekend of waiting to see if she obits.

In that case I'll hold fire on any updates for a little bit. If she gets the required it could be another late run that does the business again for you!

In that case I'll hold fire on any updates for a little bit. If she gets the required it could be another late run that does the business again for you!

I've got you covered TMIB, feel free to update whenever you need to.

It'll have to wait until next time as I have already updated in the last hour...

I just noticed. Ignore me. Feel free to use "Beyonce photographer gets her halo, halo" as a headline though.

Gordon Jack, photographer, dies after accident at Andy Murray's wedding rehearsal. The start of the curse of Andy? http://news.stv.tv/stirling-central/316872-photographer-gordon-jack-dies-after-fall-at-andy-murrays-wedding-rehearsal/

Dunno, think those 16 kids with bullet holes in their abdomens might have been the start of that curse.

Gordon Jack, photographer, dies after accident at Andy Murray's wedding rehearsal. The start of the curse of Andy? http://news.stv.tv/stirling-central/316872-photographer-gordon-jack-dies-after-fall-at-andy-murrays-wedding-rehearsal/

Dunno, think those 16 kids with bullet holes in their abdomens might have been the start of that curse.

UK hasn't had a good massacre in ages...possibly as a result of the above, so some good came of it. I remember it well.

UK hasn't had a good massacre in ages...possibly as a result of the above, so some good came of it. I remember it well.

What exactly would constitute a bad massacre? And then there was 7/7 and Derrick Bird. Don't they count?

What exactly would constitute a bad massacre? And then there was 7/7 and Derrick Bird. Don't they count?

I know, it's been ages. :evil2:

I know, it's been ages. :evil2:

You suggesting one is due?

Guest awesome guest

There's only one thing that's cursed, the bee gees

^^ Hopefully not. Makes you think though....forgetting terrorism in this context (which is ideological in its randomness of fatality), the recognition of mental health issues, not just by the politicians, but the general public at large is still largely the sadness of our country, no matter how many announcements on policy are made just before a General Election. Yep, there will always be those who fall through the net, but all these years later, we don't seem to have learned that you can't just ban, or restrict the use of, the weapon without catering for not only the physical but mental well being of the masses.

• Like 1

^^ Hopefully not. Makes you think though....forgetting terrorism in this context (which is ideological in its randomness of fatality), the recognition of mental health issues, not just by the politicians, but the general public at large is still largely the sadness of our country, no matter how many announcements on policy are made just before a General Election. Yep, there will always be those who fall through the net, but all these years later, we don't seem to have learned that you can't just ban, or restrict the use of, the weapon without catering for not only the physical but mental well being of the masses.

Totally agree. Mental well being for all ought to be an ongoing priority. Taking the guns out of circulation helps as well though.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Reports coming in that his hotel has caught fire during the reception and is burning down !

ps before you turn on the news channel i'm just kidding

Cotton Coulson, a National Geographic photographer and filmmaker, died Wednesday, May 27, after losing consciousness while diving off the coast of Norway. He was 60.

SC

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/05/150528-Cotton-Coulson-National-Geographic-photographer-dies/