Earl Gloomy

Quiz Show Hosts

what has happened to Bob Holness (however you spell his name) who used to host my favourite show of all time, Block Busters!!!!! He has dissapeared and so has Roy Walker from Catch Frase. What are they doing now and are they still well, which is the main question.

• Like 1

Earl:

- What 'S' is a sudden loss of brain function?

See: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=165

- Say what you see? Unless you've heard something specific, I would have to say "It's good, but it's not the right answer."

Mr Chips might say differently, but I think the chips are far from down for good old Roy. Who knows, we may even see him in another Peter Kay show.

Yes good old block busters. Could i have a P please Bob.

Block Busters was recreated in 2001 on Sky channel 106 presented by talentless Liza Tarbuck (Jimmy Tarbuck's daughter). So perhaps he might go in the next few years, shame.

Roy Walker: Ah, its a good guess but its not right, next squre is for £40 ......., lets see what else Mr.Chips is doing. Bleeb, Roy Walker; John u buzzed in first , take a guess, John: Goldie locks, Roy Walker: ah , its a good guess but its not right, next square is for £40....... -that show went round in circles-

I didn't realise he was in he wa sin a Peter Kay show. I fhe is in tip top condition why did he quit Catch Frase??????

I think you'll find that Catchphrase quit him, probably. RHHHHIGHT!

Liza Tarbuck is Jimmy Tarbuck's daughter? Never! What is that the 10-1 shot? Let's ask Geoffrey Wheeler.

When he's not working cruise ships, Roy Walker's living in Scotland and going out with a 30 something year old optician who's a good friend of a good friend. Nothing wrong with his health to report!

love and kisses

lil sis

:D

I only said that she was Jimmy Tarbuck's daughter incase people had never heared of her or put 2 and 2 together Mr. Alive

Earl - prefacing Liza Tarbuck with "talentless" would have instantly alerted most readers to the fact that she must be genetically related to Jimmy :D

Little Sis - Interesting info on Roy Walker - presumably when he has some time on his hands he's happy to help his lovely lady out with the eye tests..."say what ya see" :D - I'd have my eyes tested every week!

Haven't seen Robert Robinson's wonderful comb-over on our screens for quite some time. Checked IMDB and he is apparently still with us (unless he's just bluffing...)

Anybody know more? Is he just enjoying a pleasant retirment?

Does anybody remember Derek Batey of Mr & Mrs fame ?...he was a useless tosspot as well..the only info i can get on him is that he's 74 and in reasonably good health...pity that and he's on about making a comeback !!!!!!....quick, run and hide.....

God, Mr & Mrs was sooo painful to watch, but strangely addictive.

"Now, Walter, you've been married to Edna for 56 years. Nice easy question to start with - is she left-handed or right-handed?"

"Er, left-handed, Derek?"

"Try again, Walter. Take your time this time..."

If this site is up to date, it sounds like he's still working, and you can even hire him for corporate events, shop openings and bar mitzvahs. Woohoo.

The best thing about Derek is that he will actually perform the Mr & Mrs game for you at your event.

I think he may of shared the same tailor as Ted Rogers, or the costume designer of the Hi-De-Hi yellow coats.

I low the low-tech scoreboard too. The train station style flapping numeroids.

What a great description: Flapping Numeroids!

I had an alarm clock that did that flapping thing once, kept me awake, went the same way as the novelty 'cock crowing' pyramid shaped thing which lasted one night.

DWB :(

I once had a doctor tell me I was suffering from flapping numeroids. Turns out he actually said "you are crapping hemoroids", but I am a bit deaf. Sorry if this is a bit tasteless, but at the time, the difference was quite important. :(

I'm sure at the time it was a bit of a sore point. But I trust now that harmony has been restored.

Harmonious Hemoroids in Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire, hardly hever appen.

I am well and dandy thanks, sore points to be sure at the time but flapping numeroids will do that to you.

Could die tonight, if he played his cards right!

Poetry Man, back from vacation (holiday in English) and ready with rows of prose!

surely Bruce Forsyth is worth a mention

Indeed.

He's so popular, he has his own thread ... For Brucie Click Here

Guest jonesyff

robert robinson is recuperating. from what?

You don't see bloody Roy Walker for ages and he then appears on a promtion on Sky's Interactive service. (not that i use that service..... just happen to be browzing.................) He looks older since he left Catch Fraze and his perfectly groomed hair looks thinner and not as well kept! But he is still going , not sure if that is a good or bad thing??????? :o