Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

Vadim Yusov The cinematographer who worked on the Tarkovsky films Solaris,Ivans Childhood,Andrei Rublev etc is dead at 84

Tarkovsky is my favourite director. The cinematography in his films is superb, so Yusov must have had enormous talent. A sad loss indeed.

I've seen two Tarkovsky films, Nostalghia and The Sacrifice. Both are wonderful pictures, but neither was filmed by Yusov.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Vadim Yusov The cinematographer who worked on the Tarkovsky films Solaris,Ivans Childhood,Andrei Rublev etc is dead at 84

Tarkovsky is my favourite director. The cinematography in his films is superb, so Yusov must have had enormous talent. A sad loss indeed.

I've seen two Tarkovsky films, Nostalghia and The Sacrifice. Both are wonderful pictures, but neither was filmed by Yusov.

regards,

Hein

I strongly recommend Solaris, Stalker and Andrei Rublev. I haven't seen Nostalghia yet but it is in my large pile of yet-to-be-seen DVDs at home.

regards,

Hein

I strongly recommend Solaris, Stalker and Andrei Rublev. I haven't seen Nostalghia yet but it is in my large pile of yet-to-be-seen DVDs at home.

I've only seen Solaris and Mirror, Solaris I liked but Mirror I just couldn't get into. His films hardly ever seem to be shown on TV anymore

The German/Polish "Pope Of Literature" Marcel Reich-Ranicki has died today aged 93.

http://www.spiegel.d...t-a-923068.html (link in German)

Two Kraut writers in a week you're not gonna get obits for going to have to scour the web to find Brit-obits for, eh Handy? ;)

Or maybe a white knight will ride to your rescue?

Brit orbit, German orbit :dead: - dead is dead.

Michel Brault The Cannes winning Director/Cinematographer died Saturday of a heart attack at 85. Ironically he was driving to the Ontario Film Festival to pick up a lifetime achievement award.

Carlo Lizzani Italian Director who early in his career worked as a screenwriter on the Oscar nominated Silvano Magnono/Vittorio Gassman Melodrama Bitter Rice is dead at 91 after jumping out a 3rd story window in Rome

Patrice Chereau An Opera,Theater and Film Director who's most famous work is the 1994 Oscar/Bafta nominated Queen Margot died of lung cancer Monday. He was 68

Living foreign actor/actresses that were born before 1930, sorted by nation. United States and United Kingdom excluded.

France

Yvette Lebon: 1910

Gisele Casadesus: 1914

Suzy Delair: 1916

Danielle Darrieux: 1917

Patachou: 1918

Michele Morgan: 1920

Jacqueline Pagnol: 1920

Louis Jourdan: 1921

Jean Gaven: 1922

Michel Galabru: 1922

Dora Doll: 1922

Micheline Presle: 1922

Jean Piat: 1924

Anne Vernon: 1924

Michel Piccoli: 1925

Jacques Sernas: 1925 (France/Lithuania)

Colette Marchand: 1925

Nicole Maurey: 1925

Juliette Greco: 1927

Brigitte Auber: 1928

Yvonne Furneaux: 1928

Jeanne Moreau: 1928

Sweden

Birgitta Valberg: 1916

Barbro Kollberg: 1917

Eva Henning: 1920

Barbro Hiort af Ornäs: 1921

Ingvar Kjellson: 1923

Alice Babs: 1924

Emy Storm: 1925

Jan Olof-Strandberg: 1926

Lasse Lönndahl: 1928

Gunvor Pontén: 1929

Max von Sydow: 1929

Yvonne Lombard: 1929

Germany

Margot Hielscher: 1919

Ingeborg von Kusserov: 1919

Hanna Maron: 1923 (Germany/Israel)

Ruth Leuwerik: 1924

Cornell Borchers: 1925

Sonja Ziemann: 1926

Laya Raki: 1927

Hardy Kruger: 1928

Karlheinz Böhm: 1928

Italy

Arnoldo Foa: 1916

Franca Valeri: 1920

Gabriele Ferzetti: 1925

Giacomo Furia: 1925

Gina Lollobrigida: 1927

Emanuelle Riva: 1927

Japan

Setsuko Hara: 1920

Shirley Yamaguchi: 1920

Machiko Kiji: 1924

Russia

Vladimir Zeldin: 1915

Yuri Lyubimov: 1917

Aleksey Batalov: 1928

India

Zohra Sehgal: 1912

Kumar Pallana: 1918

Dilip Kumar: 1922

Holland

Ellen Vogel: 1922

Kees Brusse: 1925

Mexico

Lupita Tovar: 1910

Mario Almada: 1923

Argentina

Amelia Bence: 1919

Mirtha Legrand: 1928

Switzerland

Annemarie Duringer: 1925

Liselotte Pulver: 1929

Others

Stein Grieg Halvorsen: 1909 (Norway)

Danuta Szaflarska: 1915 (Poland)

Vera Gebuhr: 1916 (Denmark)

Radu Beligan: 1918 (Romania)

Gustavo Rojo: 1923 (Uruguay)

Irene Papas: 1926 (Greece)

Fernanda Montenegro: 1929 (Brazil)

Turkish politico Ahmed Dogan should have been pan bread, but the gun jammed........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_819dQALo

However in a turn of events. . . Was 'assassination' attempt on Bulgarian politician a hoax? Gunman used gas pistol loaded with pepper spray that would not have killed opposition leader Oktay Enimehmedov held a gun at the head of Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms Bulgaria's chief prosecutor has said the gun would not have killed Prosecutors are now considering charging those who attacked Enimehmedov

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265805/Ahmed-Dogan-Was-assassination-attempt-Bulgarian-politician-hoax.html

article-2265002-170881DD000005DC-909_634x594.jpg

Edited by Magere Hein
Messy post cleaned up.

Ana Bertha Lepe A 3rd place contestant for Mexico at the 1953 Miss Universe who mostly in the 50s and 60 appeared alongside film icons of of Latin America and Mexico such as Tin Tan,Cantinflas,Jorge Negrete and Pedro Infante is dead at 80.

Karla Alvarez Mexican Telenova star usually in the villianess roles is dead at 41 from respiratory failure. According to the article she was rumored to be battling alcoholism and an eating disorder.
  • Like 1