I sold some books on Amazon a few years ago, and one of them was purchased by Michael Fenton Stevens. He's only 54 though.

• Like 1

Roy Dotrice (father to oooh Betty Michelle) will be 90 next year but he is said to be appearing in the Game of Thrones mini series

• Like 1

For your consideration veteren theatre actor Richard Pasco, CBE (b.1926) who is married to Barbara Leigh-Hunt (b.1935). Barbara is best known for her performance as Lady Catherine de Burgh in the BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice which was made in 1995 and I was surprised to find she was still alive.

• Like 1

For your consideration veteren theatre actor Richard Pasco, CBE (b.1926) who is married to Barbara Leigh-Hunt (b.1935). Barbara is best known for her performance as Lady Catherine de Burgh in the BBC adaptation of Pride & Prejudice which was made in 1995 and I was surprised to find she was still alive.

I was watching said adaptation last night at the behest of my wife and daughter and I wondered about some of the older members of the cast particularly Benjamin Whitrow (Mr Bennett) b.1937 and Christopher Benjamin (Sir William Lucas) b.1934 both still with us and both look like they have enjoyed fine food and wine.

• Like 1

Zara Nutley, who was best known for supporting roles in Mind Your Language and Never the Twain, apparently is in a nursing home but there is no listed date of birth or even year. Does anyone know?

• Like 1

Zara Nutley, who was best known for supporting roles in Mind Your Language and Never the Twain, apparently is in a nursing home but there is no listed date of birth or even year. Does anyone know?

June 12, 1926 (age 86) is the info I was able to find

Thanks for that :)

Worthy of consideration I'd say, her passing wouldn't generate a huge amount of press coverage by any means but enough to meet the criteria

Thanks for that :)

Worthy of consideration I'd say, her passing wouldn't generate a huge amount of press coverage by any means but enough to meet the criteria

I don't know if it's entirely accurate, as there was just one entry that had her D.O.B.

If you were willing to change this title to just 'Character Actors', may I just suggest Ellen Albertini Dow. She played Disco Dot in my favourite film, 54 and a lot of grannies. 94 in November.

A mate has started this rather wonderful tribute site to the lesser-known but often supremely talented bit-part players of stage and screen.

http://familiar-unkn...blogspot.co.uk/

A few good names in there for end-of-year lists

3285-2986.jpg

I see the recently-departed (and already mentioned, yes I fucking know, before some twat points it out) John Clive was added to that site just four days before Dicky O. I remember him best as the camp tourist who had his would-be boyfriend nicked by Sally Geeson in Carry On Abroad... which probably says more about my film tastes than I ought to admit, considering he was also in The Italian Job, A Clockwork Orange and Yellow Submarine.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Is that John Clive in that pic? I didn't recognise the name when I heard he'd died b ut I definately can recall seeing that face on tv a lot as a kid.No idea what shows though. RIP

Well one character actor that'll no longer get the call is Roger Hammond who has died aged 76.

A classic "you know him when you see him" actor. I remember him best from the 'Red-headed League' episode of 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' in 1984.

Not been a great year for character actors, what with John Clive, Geoffrey Hughes and James Grout biting the dust...

I just had to check up to see whether John Savident was still alive and he is. Now aged 74.

He is best known for playing Fred Elliott in Coronation Street but the more discerning amongst us will remeber his very creepy and camp turn as Egrorian in the excellent Blake's 7 episode "Orbit".

He hit the headlines several years ago when he was stabbed in the neck at his home by someone he met in a bar.

Guest Guest

What about Margery Mason?

Turning 100 next year qualifies her for being mentioned...

A mate has started this rather wonderful tribute site to the lesser-known but often supremely talented bit-part players of stage and screen.

3285-2986.jpg

I see the recently-departed (and already mentioned, yes I fucking know, before some twat points it out) John Clive was added to that site just four days before Dicky O. I remember him best as the camp tourist who had his would-be boyfriend nicked by Sally Geeson in Carry On Abroad... which probably says more about my film tastes than I ought to admit, considering he was also in The Italian Job, A Clockwork Orange and Yellow Submarine.

You forgot this one Harry........

Twas good being young in the 70s.

3285-2986.jpg

If I didn't know better I'd say that was Sylvester McCoy on the left of that group of robots...

3285-2986.jpg

If I didn't know better I'd say that was Sylvester McCoy on the left of that group of robots...

I think you are correct. On the far right is Christopher Biggins.

Such a small world is showbusiness, eh!

David Lyon - that's the guy who played Henry Collingridge, the doomed Prime Minister in House of Cards.

p015lmhb.jpg

Bollocks. Had him on my shortlist for 2014...

Bollocks. Had him on my shortlist for 2014...

Yes, it's that time of year...

regards,

Hein

• Like 1