Anubis the Jackal

Seve Ballesteros

Guest Drabux
This is the place to discuss Seve Ballersteros

Certainly not out of the woods yet. Far from it, I'd say. From this report he seems to acknowledge that there's an end approaching. http://www.laht.com/article.asp?CategoryId...rticleId=324326

Good call for 2009, I say. Another pitch and a putt, and it's all over for Seve.

This is the place to discuss Seve Ballersteros

Certainly not out of the woods yet. Far from it, I'd say. From this report he seems to acknowledge that there's an end approaching. http://www.laht.com/article.asp?CategoryId...rticleId=324326

Good call for 2009, I say. Another pitch and a putt, and it's all over for Seve.

Totally disagree.......he will be walking the long fairway for many years yet I reckon....

Guest Drabux
Totally disagree.......he will be walking the long fairway for many years yet I reckon....

More like pushing up the daisies on the 18th green of Royal Birkdale.

More like pushing up the daisies on the 18th green of Royal Birkdale.

Captain Seve

Golf legend Seve Ballesteros has targeted the European captaincy at the 2010 Royal Trophy, his nephew revealed.

Ballesteros, 51, winner of five major titles, is recovering following several operations to remove a brain tumour.

Nephew Ivan Ballesteros, who drove him to hospital when he collapsed at Madrid airport in October, said the weeks that followed were like a "horrible dream".

But he added: "He's very positive, one of his goals is to be captain at the Royal Trophy, he's serious about it."

His nephew said: "It's still too early to tell if he will play again but he's walking every day and he's determined to get better."

Looks like the 14th hole may still be filled at the year's end.....

Seve is optimistic on his health. Well, he would say that wouldn't he, but I do think it's becoming increasingly likely that he'll turn out to be the Russell Watson of this years list.

Seve is optimistic on his health. Well, he would say that wouldn't he, but I do think it's becoming increasing likely that he'll turn out to be the Russell Watson of this years list.

I'm quite glad I kept him out my DDP now. Fingers crossed I won't regret it.

Seve is optimistic on his health. Well, he would say that wouldn't he, but I do think it's becoming increasingly likely that he'll turn out to be the Russell Watson of this years list.

I hope so, I quite like old Steve. I modelled my game on his, you know... the nineties/noughties version, unfortunately.

Yeah, I had a hunch a few of the teasers - Seve, Jade Goody, Ted Kennedy - might shuffle into 2010. They can't avoid us forever, mind.

Seve not in the 19th hole yet? he should enlist Joseph Mengele he was good at Brain surgery i hear

Seve not in the 19th hole yet? he should enlist Joseph Mengele he was good at Brain surgery i hear

Not really sure Mengele would help his brain, but he'd at least have blue eyes and great teeth, were Mengele given the opportunity.

Apparently doctors said he had a tumour the size of a golf ball. Then they realised it actually was a golf ball - Seve had put it there for safekeeping.

Apparently doctors said he had a tumour the size of a golf ball. Then they realised it actually was a golf ball - Seve had put it there for safekeeping.

Goodness his putting really went astray didn't it?

A new photo of Seve Ballesteros, spotted today at a football match in Spain.

A new photo of Seve Ballesteros, spotted today at a football match in Spain.

he looks pretty good to me....cross him off...

seve will be alright for a while yet!! hope so to he seems like a nice guy . Thatcher and others certainly deserve to die ahead of him.

in the words of Alan partridge seve has the live sophistication and nimbleness of a ballerina combined with the hard nosed ruthless thuggery of a bastard .

That cancer has no chance!! :)

Golf is great.

seve will be alright for a while yet!! hope so to he seems like a nice guy . Thatcher and others certainly deserve to die ahead of him. ... in the words of Alan partridge seve has the live sophistication and nimbleness of a ballerina combined with the hard nosed ruthless thuggery of a bastard .

My grandfather taught me to play golf in the early 80s. He never gave me any Werther's Originals, but that's beside the point. I was inspired by Seve at the height of his powers and, whilst my grandfather wasn't a fan, I wanted to be Seve on the golf course just as much as I wanted to be Steve Davis around the snooker table and John McEnroe on the tennis court. (Yes, I'm 'middle class'. Anyone for Pimms?)

Is it golf which brings out the gentleman in a player, or is the sport just populated by gentlemen? I cried, actually cried real tears when Tom Watson missed that putt on the 18th at Turnberry which would have won him the Open Championship at the age of 59. A gentleman, the sort of person whose success you cannot begrudge.

Then I saw Seve Ballesteros talking to Peter Aliss about his life and how happy he is and how lucky he feels, despite his illness. When he looked straight into the camera and said thankyou and blew a kiss goodbye to his fans, I gave Seve a misty-eyed standing ovation. Nimble as a ballerina, hard-nosed as a thug bastard, gracious in victory and defeat; that's my recipe for great golf. Golf is great. Thanks for everything, Seve...

Looks like he's out of danger.

Guest Bob Loblah

25Jul09

God bless Steve.

May he live to be a hundred.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

Looks like he's out of danger.