Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

I think that I should apologise to all posters in this thread. I have been dismissive of Wrestling as niche and irrelevent I then found out that two people I share an office with were massive wrestling fans when they were younger (collecting figures etc) and so I must assume that I am just too old to have encountered it.

I still won't be picking wrestlers and will grumble when they are on the main list but everyone should have a hobby.

Think of it as Corrie or Eastenders with less fights. I'm not a fan of soaps, but I can see why they're so addictive to those who are.

Both are far more imaginative than WWE these days, sadly

another name to watch out for is the dynamite kid, he was a big steriod abuser, and alot of the big steriod abusers are dead now - hercules, mr perfect, british bulldog, eddie guerrero

Isn't he wheelchair bound?About jake the snake - I'd be more concerned with his crack addiction than his depression.
Yep, Dynamite Kid Tom Billington is ina wheelchair and living somewhere in the UK.His book - Pure Dynamite - is brilliantly bitter towards the wrestling industry.

Latest news late 2015

SC

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Wrestling_Legend_Still_Hospitalized_Backstage_Talk_on_a_WWE_SmackDown_Change_Brock_Lesnar.html

John Cena out for WM with Orton and Rollins injured months earlier

Vince McMahon for a possible suicide watch?

• Like 1

As stated previously Kris Travis's Twitter account is locked, but from the messages currently being sent to him I think he may be back on nil-by-mouth duties. The possibility of him being The Living End's century hitter looks ever-more possible.

As stated previously Kris Travis's Twitter account is locked, but from the messages currently being sent to him I think he may be back on nil-by-mouth duties. The possibility of him being The Living End's century hitter looks ever-more possible.

In terms of mortality (not obitability) I wanted to take as few risks as possible with my main team. I considered Kris Travis to be a tiny risk because he wasn't in the cancer-is-untreatable-death-is-just-a-matter-of-time stage. But I thought that the tiniest new cancer recurrence, the tiniest new ulcer in his stomach would mean certain death for his already weakened body. A bit like Jenny Diski except more dangerous.

Mike Sharpe has died

Known for being a health freak during his WWF days - that went well.

At 64 I'd say that did in fact go well for a wrestler :rolleyes:

Sorry but if I was regularly getting sweaty and grapply with other men during the 19-AIDS-ties I'd be a clean freak too.

Just looking at Wikipedia and found this. I can't find much about it, other than this. In a letter posted on the JCW website in 2012, Vampiro admitted to having a brain tumor and stomach cancer. He still commentates on Lucha Underground that is why I never put it in Ideas for 2017

http://www.juggalowrestling.com/?p=544

Smith Hart

Bret's 67 year old brother announced on his FBook page that he has Bone and Prostate Cancer

Just looking at Wikipedia and found this. I can't find much about it, other than this. In a letter posted on the JCW website in 2012, Vampiro admitted to having a brain tumor and stomach cancer. He still commentates on Lucha Underground that is why I never put it in Ideas for 2017

http://www.juggalowrestling.com/?p=544

Vampiro also claims to be permanently haunted by the spirits of two murdered men who happened to be walking by when he was conducting a satanic ritual, I wouldn't put too much faith into anything that comes out of his mouth.

He mentioned it on one of the Legends roundtables, and Pat Patterson was a bit perturbed by it.

"'Nature Boy" Buddy Landel died last summer @ only 54 a day after being involved in an auto accident. He wrestled briefly in the WWE including a title match with Bret Harte. he was an outright imitator of Ric Flair; the two had a record breaking match in North Carolina way back in 1985. Lendel's most important title was probably the old NWA National Championship title he held for a time in the 1980's. Rumors persist he was to have won the NWA world title from Flair, but had a falling out with the company and soon left. He returned briefly later on when it was WCW, I believe, but made no impact.

His death was reported fairly-widely in the US, and may have garnered a small one in the uK.

I see Landel's death was reported here - sorry. Glad that Cora Combs and "Fantastics" Tommy Rogers were as well - neither were terribly well-known outside of wrestling circles. The passings of Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes really overshadowed everyone else who died in 2015.

Amazes me that Abdullah the Butcher is still living!

Canadian pro wrestler Archie Gouldie passed away last night.

The Mongolian Stomper dead at 71. Bret Hart said he was the greatest wrestler of all-time in his book iirc.

Canadian pro wrestler Archie Gouldie passed away last night.

LIhIDjo.gif

I know right bad time to be a wrestling fan both the stomping Mongolian and Archie gouldie. Who's next?
  • Like 2