Grim Reaper

Ronald Reagan

Email just received at DeathList HQ:

PWB says:

"Strongly disagree with the designation of "idiot" for one of

the greatest Presidents of the United States."

Sadly PWB doesnt suggest an alternative description, but we're open to suggestions.

Obviously Ronnie did make some great contributions in his time - for instance where would we be today without the "Star Wars" project??

Everyone still happy with "idiot" or is it time for a change?

• Like 1

Guest Zardoz

;)

I find the label "Idiot" highly offensive also.

It was Reagan's tough stance and military spending that made Gorbachev realise the USSR could never win the cold war, hence the disintergration of the Soviet machine.

Too bad the Gipper didn't wipe Libya off the map rather than the token visit's from the F111's, we wouldn't be dealing with the likes of Saddam/Bin Laden today.

I think President is the title we are looking for.

If we want to discuss idiots, whats the bet that terrorists take out Blair before 2005? :P

If you're talking in the present tense, then by all accounts idiot sort of fits.

If about his past glories, how about B-actor ?

Dear All

We are clearly talking about Ronnie's ability as El Pres and not his current condition which is hardly his fault.

Love the supposition from Zardoz that Ronnie's foreign policy was the solution to Al Qaeda and not symptomatic of the cause

Let's not even go anywhere near who funded Saddam and the Taliban in the first place.

Idiot gets my vote

Mr Stats

Official Death List Cretin

Guest Zardoz

I think it's fair to say Saddam funded himself by taking over Iraq, all Ron's generation did was to feed him skooby snacks to maintain a balance of power in the region against the islamic fundamentalists which worked out quite nicely until Saddam having seen the likes of Libya get away with so much thought he would have a pop at Kuwait. Good O'l Poppy Bush then should have got rid of Saddam at the time. If your pet pit bull bites your friends, have it put down at once, before it turns on you.....Ron would never have left Saddam in power after Gulf War 1.

The Taliban were never a problem to the US, they were just a bunch of ignorant yokels who thought it prestigeous to harbour Bin Laden & his chums.

The Al Quada vermin don't care what sewer they live in. Al Quada is not a result of US policy it is a result of a spoilt little rich boy cum anarchist looking for a crusade to fight (Initially The Saudi Royal Family) and then attracting a bunch of half baked inbred social misfits who realise they can't acheive anything worthwhile in this world, are looking for a free lunch in the next.

While we are at it why isn't Bin laden on the 2004 death list?

I am sure Mr Bush's intends to get him at all costs to help him gain a second term.

As for Ron, one of the greatest presidents.

Now if Nixon had only nuked Hanoi.........

Talking of Presidents ... how about the oft pointed out that Presidents elected in years ending in zero usually drop dead. Only ol' Ronnie escaped that one since 1820, and even he was shot.

http://www.rense.com/general37/zuu.htm

So Bush up next ? Wouldn't vote against it, seeing as he has pissed off a few peeps in the past couple of years ;)

Guest eyehateREAGaN

Keep it! He always was an idiot!

Guest Zardoz

;) God Bless Ronald Reagan

God Bless America!

Now sing after me:

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE, BY THE DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT

WHAT SO PROUDLY WE HAILED AT THE TWILIGHTS LAST GLEAMING

WHOSE BROAD STRIPES AND BRIGHT STARS, THROUGH THE PERILOUS FIGHT,

O'ER THE RAMPARTS WE WATCHED, WERE SO GALLANTLY STREAMING

AND THE ROCKETS RED GLARE, THE BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR

GAVE PROOF THROUGH THE NIGHT, THAT OUR FLAG WAS STILL THERE

OH SAY DOES THAT STAR SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE

O'ER THE LAND OF THE FREE, AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE

;)

Now let's go out round them all up, put them in a field and BOMB THE BASTARDS!

Including any limey faggot commie who doesn't sing the above out loud!

;)

Have you got that ladies???? ;)

You'd like to think he was being ironic but with Americans you just can't be sure

Guest JimH

"Idiot" works for me. Perhaps "Dangerous Idiot" would be closer to the truth. Given his current status perhaps "Former Dangerous Idiot" would be most accurate.

Guest Non-American Reagan Fan!

Ronald Reagan was one of the greatest presidents of the United States whose very policies are directly attributable for the end of the Cold War. The ultimate proof? It's in the Soviet archives - they were sh*t scared of him because they knew the Soviet Union's failed command economy was no match for the United States. Ronald Reagan led the United States through what was then its longest period of post-war economic growth, with every quintile of the American economy from the poorest to the richest all enjoying REAL growth in wealth. This marks an extraordinary turnaround in fortunes from the failures of Jimmy Carter's government which saw inflation rates reaching 16% and unemployment above 8%.

As for Osama bin Laden, let the lies end right there. The US supported the mujahideen, which is not the same thing as bin Laden. Bin Laden funded himself using his father's construction fortune. Furthermore, bin Laden didn't even arrive in Afghanistan until 1989, AFTER Reagan's presidency, and long after the Soviets withdrew.

By the way, if one really wants to know who funded Saddam the most, look no further than his top three trading partners France, Russia and China (all of which opposed the war). Who made Saddam's T-52 tanks? Not the USA. Who made Saddam's Mirage fighter jets? Not the USA either. Wonder which country helped him built the Osirak nuclear reactor too!

Defeating the evil empire in the Cold War ranks pretty high on my list of political achievements. I, for one, being an immigrant from a communist country, am extremely proud of what President Reagan achieved.

Guest Necrophile

The only idiot, is the one that hosts this sad little site. ;)

Thanks for your intelligent contribution Necrophile - You've won me over with your eloquently constructed argument. Nice name too by the way.

Read this topic while you can people - it may well be on its way to deletion/pruning.

Can't we just have a policy of deleting these sorts of posts, if people can't be bothered to read about the site first or read the post: "Pinned: Irate Visitors Rage Here If You Must'? We should all try and not to react to them and just report/delete such posts accordingly, unless they are truly well constructed and amusing efforts, extra points typa thing.

Maybe we should have a READ THIS FIRST / I AGREE page before you can read/post here. It might help people understand the ethos of the site, avoiding "the curse", as it has become known. What do other people think?

Oh, I like it when you swing your scythe.

Guest Necrophile

Mr reaper sees fit to call Ron an idiot and then gets all upset when his own insulting language is directed towards him.

Hmm, then he is going to remove all the posts that oppose his own views?

Mr reaper sounds like one of those communist types Ron fought so hard to protect us from.

delete away you pathetic little man.

Ron will be remembered with affection by some or resentment by others in time to come. Who is going to remember you.........

Well sadly your posts are pretty off-topic so thats why we may have to prune history in a good ol' commie way.

Thanx for your views anyway :D

Guest Historian

You Reagan supporters need to get out the history books. He was behind one of the most embarassing military acts in our nation's history. Let me spell it out to you... G-r-e-n-a-d-a. His administration lied and blundered... and I'm not even talking about the contras.

Says on IMBD: "When he was a young man, he had a part-time job as a lifeguard. He once had to retrieve an old man's dentures at the bottom of the pool and did so without hesitating." I bet cowboy ronnie doesn't know that fact.

Guest CourtP111

hey! I'm a new user and i was wondering if some people could help me out with a paper i'm writing. I need to get 3 interviews for my research paper on Reaganomics. I tried to get a hold of proffessors and senate members but no one ever seems to e-mail me back so I thought maybe this message board would be a good place to find some help. It would be greatly apreciated if you could answer the following questions:

Name (full please):

(These questions are more just guidelines, feel free to side track from them.)

1. Do you feel that Reagan's administration hadn't looked over the previous economic problems closely enough? If not what parts did they over look?

2. Did you view Reaganomics as a failure or a success, or both? Explain(highlights and failures).

3. Are any of Reagan's plans used in economic politics today, if so are they good or bad policies to have kept?

Thank you for your time! :D

If need be you can e-mail me at horsegurly13@comcast.net

My fellow Americans (and other DL Forum participants),

Nice to see I'm still stirring up emotions in all you kindly (and not so kindly) folks. The last thing I'd want is to be a forgotten footnote to history. And thanks for the reminder of the denture-saving incident there, Mr. Bee Gee. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was yesterday, wasn't it?

As for my policies, well, when you're pruning the yard sometimes a few flowers accidentally go out with the weeds. And the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Unless you get rid of one of that enemy, in which case his enemy might become your enemy, instead of your friend. If even a confused old man like me can keep that straight, sure you youngsters can too.

Good to see you back in the Wild West Ronnie

Emotions have been running a little high here amongst some of the drive-by posters but I'm sure your words of wisdom will restore a peaceful calm :D

Guest fractionMan

I think reagan deserves more respect from the site admin. What about 'Grade 1 idiot'?

too many words - I couldn't be bothered

Guest Guest

I think he was an idiot and I'm right ring.

he spent 8 years in a pyjama suit while his wife controlled his every move

via astrologer Joan Quigley

An idiot alright!

:unsure: