Tuber Mirum

37. Dick Cheney

This post isn't really about Cheney or the Vice-Presidency, but about the Wives of the Vice Presidents. I've been looking through the internet whether two are still living:

1. Judy Agnew, wife of disgraced Nixon VP Spiro Agnew, who has completely fallen off the face of the earth

2. Joan Mondale, who surprisingly doesn't have a wikipedia entry given her husband's relatively high profile career as straight man to Jimmy Carter and chum for Ronald Reagan.

Anyway, I'm tired of paging through links and was wondering if some others might want to take up the fight about what ever happened to these second ladies.

Guest Guest_Madame Defarge_*

:huh: Guns plus booze plus that wikipedialicious health profile, hmmm....I say he wont cark

till 2007. He doesnt appear to have any emotions which cancels out that all important stress factor.

At least the Taliban are going the right way about it. If they were successful that would mean Nancy Pelosi would be 2nd in charge and would push for the removal of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although if they went after Bush which would put Cheney in front, the US would be in a much worse state.

At least the Taliban are going the right way about it. If they were successful that would mean Nancy Pelosi would be 2nd in charge and would push for the removal of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although if they went after Bush which would put Cheney in front, the US would be in a much worse state.

i'm sure if they had the option to take Bush, they would. i think Dick was in the area so they thought 'f**k it let's blow him up'

Nothing to worry about. I don't even think a wooden stake would do the trick.

He has some sort of magical protection.

i'm sure if they had the option to take Bush, they would. i think Dick was in the area so they thought 'f**k it let's blow him up'

I think Bush is the lesser of the two evils though

I think Bush is the lesser of the two evils though

Not sure she would become VP in this situation. I was under the impression it would still come down to who G W Bush would like to have as a replacement and I guess Condi' Rice or Rudy Guliani would get the nod to be VP. Only in the case that both Bush and Cheney die at the same time that Pelosi would become President.

Amendment 25 (1967), Section 2: Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

This is how Ford got to be VP.

According to this article:

Complications from DVT kill up to 200,000 people in the United States each year, but the clots can be easily treated through medication.

"It can be a serious problem, especially untreated. Treated, it is very manageable, and the risk of a major problem on the proper treatment is small," according to Dr. Sean O'Donnell, director of vascular surgery at the Washington Hospital Center.

So it can indeed be fatal, but it's not that likely it would seem. Still, he's slowly climbing up my "watch" list.

In follow up to the above;- Cheney in hospital again.

He was still fiesty earlier in the day though.

Someone I know thought that Cheney would live to see 80 easily. I argued I'd be impressed if Cheney makes it to 70 at this rate.

That sounds more like a routine follow-up visit to his doctor's office than anything new.

That sounds more like a routine follow-up visit to his doctor's office than anything new.

Indeed so, that's why I distinctly put "in follow up" to his previous treatment in the post.

But any hospital visit for blood clots is still worthy of at least passing mention.

Before I was watching the CNN\U - Tube debate with the democratic candidates present and senator Bill Richardson made some joke like 'I would be happy to see any of you in the white house' ..... (as my vice president) B) it gave me a good laugh.

He'll be turning up at the inauguration in a wheelchair after pulling a muscle in his back moving house

Chest pains for Dick Cheney. Serious enough to be taken to hospital, serious enough to hope for more?

Yes. According to this article "It unfortunately tells us he's got bad luck in the gene pool. His genetics have given him an aggressive" form of heart disease, said Dr. William O'Neill, an interventional cardiologist and executive dean for clinical affairs at the University of Miami School of Medicine.

Even mild heart attacks cause cumulative damage. While his doctors haven't revealed the extent of Cheney's damage, O'Neill said it's likely he "doesn't have much reserve."