maryportfuncity

Old Folkies Home

Talk about The Seekers on another thread made me wonder what happened to their original producer and songwriter Tom Springfield, brother of Dusty. He is now 81 and has only made one public appearance since 1969, which was at Dusty's funeral.

Appearing alongside Dusty and Tom in The Springfields was old Etonian, Tim Feild. He is also aged 81 and now lives in Colorado. Now known as Reshad Feild he is a respected author on subjects such Islam, Sufism and spiritualism.

As for their health, no idea, but I just thought I'd put their names out there.

• Like 1

Talk about The Seekers on another thread made me wonder what happened to their original producer and songwriter Tom Springfield, brother of Dusty. He is now 81 and has only made one public appearance since 1969, which was at Dusty's funeral.

Appearing alongside Dusty and Tom in The Springfields was old Etonian, Tim Feild. He is also aged 81 and now lives in Colorado. Now known as Reshad Feild he is a respected author on subjects such Islam, Sufism and spiritualism.

As for their health, no idea, but I just thought I'd put their names out there.

Good spot, thanks

A couple of ailing Scottish folkies:

1. Rab Noakes, who founded Stealers Wheel with Gerry Rafferty, says he's recovering from throat cancer
  2. Andy M. Stewart, singer, songwriter and former frontman with Silly Wizard, "paralysed from the chest down, with other medical complications"

1. Rab Noakes, who founded Stealers Wheel with Gerry Rafferty, says he's recovering from throat cancer
  2. Andy M. Stewart, singer, songwriter and former frontman with Silly Wizard, "paralysed from the chest down, with other medical complications"

Noakes sounds really positive. Andy M Stewart's DDP obit chances - as and when, obviously - don't strike me as massively high.

Noakes sounds really positive. Andy M Stewart's DDP obit chances - as and when, obviously - don't strike me as massively high.

Andy M Stewart reportedly dead at 63. https://thesession.org/discussions/38373

Awaiting news story/obit to confirm.

Andy M Stewart reportedly dead at 63. https://thesession.org/discussions/38373

Awaiting news story/obit to confirm.

Very slow news week - give or take the odd bit of flooding - this'll be just about his best chance of an obit; let's see

Sing along at Dartford Folk Club this week in memory of Pam Colls (something of a legend as the person who ran the place and was award winning/respected amongst the handful of people who understand the problems and joys of running a folk club).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEEVzla-aGo

70 year old Don - American Pie - McLean, arrested for domestic abuse in the early hours of the morning this week.

Late career, David Cassidy stylee, meltdown?

We can only hope

70 year old Don - American Pie - McLean, arrested for domestic abuse in the early hours of the morning this week.

We can only hope

link

We can only hope

link

Police blotters now? Short of a lengthy sentence to an old man (see Nuon Chea) why would simple arrests be of interest to DL?

SC

We can only hope

Now, the English Don McLean (who appeared in the BBC kids TV show Crackerjack in the 1970s) is merely months older than 'American Pie' Don McLean and is still hanging on in there, despite being 71. https://youtu.be/Gkx41xAyZE0

Pete Zorn, a different person to Pete Yorn, dead at 65,

Ahhh, car 67..

• Like 1

It was only a couple of weeks ago he found out he was ill. R.I.P anyway

So he was a musician w Richard Thompson, which pulls this into Fairport Convention discussions we've had in a couple threads. Look for another FC hit this year. It's symbiotic.

SC

So he was a musician w Richard Thompson, which pulls this into Fairport Convention discussions we've had in a couple threads. Look for another FC hit this year. It's symbiotic.

SC

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Swarb were to go this year.

Fairport Convention's Dave Swarbrick now really is dead.

For Handrejka!

Nostradamus-2016.png

already reported. No one can beat the lightning fast reporting of young wily. Which I find suspicious. Young are you killing these people?
  • Like 1

already reported. No one can beat the lightning fast reporting of young wily. Which I find suspicious. Young are you killing these people?

When I see a post by Young Willz on the index I know there's a new death. He's the best at reporting death, really a phenomenon.

• Like 1

When I see a post by Young Willz on the index I know there's a new death. He's the best at reporting death, really a phenomenon.

Got beaten by yours truly though. :)

Got beaten by yours truly though. :)

Only on this thread, but not overall...http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=102&p=267342

Yours, The Phenom. ^_^

• Like 2

SC

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Swarb were to go this year.

I'm really going to have to stop doing this about people I like.