Paul Bearer

Jamaican Jamming

Let's bring this thread into the modern era with a little bit of dancehall. 23-year-old 'singjay' J Capri dead from injuries she sustained in a car crash two weeks ago.

• Like 1

Let's bring this thread into the modern era with a little bit of dancehall. 23-year-old 'singjay' J Capri dead from injuries she sustained in a car crash two weeks ago.

Ah! I saw this one, had made a mental note of it (so shortly after Ninja Man). I thought she was on the mend...ah well... I'm very interested in her obit reach now (in case she's representative of Dancehall in general).

Ah! I saw this one, had made a mental note of it (so shortly after Ninja Man). I thought she was on the mend...ah well... I'm very interested in her obit reach now (in case she's representative of Dancehall in general).

To tie this up, J Capri obits thanks to Raheem Sterling:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-dedicates-two-goal-6981800

Edit: Also, booo, for kicking out my team...

Brixton ragga MC Tenor Fly died last Friday. Here's him toasting on the Freestylers' 1998 hit "B-Boy Stance", or at least it will be when YouTube embeds properly again.

Paul, when is this going to be fixed?

Prince Buster reportedly dead on Twitter by David Rodigan, reggae DJ.

Prince Buster being reported dead by David Rodigan, who you would assume would know about this kind of stuff.

And does the fact that one other person is in this old thread with me mean that they will beat me to the punch?

Prince Buster being reported dead by David Rodigan, who you would assume would know about this kind of stuff.

And does the fact that one other person is in this old thread with me mean that they will beat me to the punch?

By a gnat's pube.

respects.gif

Prince Buster is a Hit for me in Shaun's Deadpool. I would have put my money on Mighty Sparrow dying first, though.

Prince Buster is a Hit for me in Shaun's Deadpool. I would have put my money on Mighty Sparrow dying first, though.

Sad sad news. One of the greats.

Two Princes in one year :(

doe.jpg

• Like 6

doe.jpg

Frederic+Prinz+von+Anhalt+2TatpkGcfYvm.j

• Like 4

doe.jpg

Frederic+Prinz+von+Anhalt+2TatpkGcfYvm.j

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

There's a blast from the past. I don't think I've seen Mike's face since I turned the TV aerial from Sutton Coldfield to Waltham in the mid-eighties.

• Like 1

The family of the late reggae icon and marijuana activist Peter Tosh is seeking answers after they say his son (Jawara McIntosh) was left in a coma following an attack in a New Jersey jail, where he was serving a six-month sentence on pot possession charges.

This wouldn't have happened if they had Legalized It.
SC

• Haha 1

Legali(s)ing kicking a junkie to unconsciousness wouldn't have stopped this one.

• Like 3

Winston Samuels, a member of The Aces who provided backing vocals on Desmond Dekker's 007 (Shanty Town) and The Israelites, has died aged c. 73. http://www.newsamericasnow.com/jamaica-ska-legend-winston-samuels-is-dead/

Wiki (mention): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aces_(Jamaican_group)

007 (Shanty Town):