The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2013

2 old soap actresses worth keeping an eye on;

Elizabeth Kelly (Nellie Ellis, EastEnders) b. 1921

Sheila Mercier (Annie Sugden, Emmerdale) b. 1919

Not forgetting Edna Dore b.1921 - she played Mike Reid's mum and was also in the Doctor Who episode Fear Her.

I had thought Sheila Mercier was already dead - Good suggestion JR976evil

Not forgetting Edna Dore b.1921 - she played Mike Reid's mum and was also in the Doctor Who episode Fear Her.

I had thought Sheila Mercier was already dead - Good suggestion JR976evil

Well apparently not, at least according to Wikipedia. Edna Dore was still fairly active up until the past few years at least. There are quite a few soap stars past and present that are worth observing actually.

Jean Alexander (Corrie's Hilda Ogden), b. 1926

Mark Eden (Alan Bradley) b. 1928

Thelma Barlow (Mavis Wilton) b. 1929

Kenneth Cope (Jed Stone) b. 1931

Leonard Fenton (EE's Dr. Legg) b. 1926

June Brown (Dot Branning) b. 1927

Vivean Gray (Neighbours' Mrs. Mangel) b. 1924

If you are talking about active people. June Brown is very active and I am very surprised she is that old, OK she is a very heavy smoker. I would have said she was early 70's

I never knew she was still alive. Mrs Mangle was my favourite character in Neighbours when I was a kid

If you are talking about active people. June Brown is very active and I am very surprised she is that old, OK she is a very heavy smoker. I would have said she was early 70's

I never knew she was still alive. Mrs Mangle was my favourite character in Neighbours when I was a kid

Ernest Borgnine was still pretty active more or less up until he died, mind you he did have a full 10 years on her. Her contributions may well be gradually reduced as time goes on, Betty Driver was used less and less on Corrie till she was pretty much just a spare part.

Well there you go. She moved back to Blighty not long after she was written out of Neighbours, apparently she asked to leave because she was fed up of being heckled in the street by viewers.

I was researching Kenneth Cope's health and generally speaking he's doing well, but his wife is in poor health, according to a rant to the Southport press (about his driving ability). Renny Lister also appeared in Coronation Street, but I'm not sure how old she is, but she must be at least 75 based on her tv career. Not sure about obit chances though.

I was researching Kenneth Cope's health and generally speaking he's doing well, but his wife is in poor health, according to a rant to the Southport press (about his driving ability). Renny Lister also appeared in Coronation Street, but I'm not sure how old she is, but she must be at least 75 based on her tv career. Not sure about obit chances though.

Fair I'd say, deemed famous enough to have a Wikipedia profile is usually a promising sign. Would probably be acknowledged on the BBC website at least

Apparently he suffers from COPD

Glen Campbell might be worth a bash

He was diagnosed with alzheimer's about a year ago. He's winding up his farewell tour. He's got a few more years left in him.

Cancelled tour dates - time for a reconsideration?

I don't think that's an indication that he's on his last legs. Most likely that he's having problems remember lyrics during the shows.

Rather than give a bad performance, he'd rather bow out gracefully.

Rather than give a bad performance, he'd rather bow out gracefully.

Shame though, he'd be the ideal cabaret for a DL Con!

Sheila Mercier is the older sister of actor and charity campaigner Brian Rix (b.1924) who is married to Elspet Gray (b.1929) who played Blackadder's Mum.

Glen Campbell might be worth a bash

He was diagnosed with alzheimer's about a year ago. He's winding up his farewell tour. He's got a few more years left in him.

Cancelled tour dates - time for a reconsideration?

Possibly. Or he's just doing a Madonna...

Sheila Mercier is the older sister of actor and charity campaigner Brian Rix (b.1924) who is married to Elspet Gray (b.1929) who played Blackadder's Mum.

Hmmm interesting, have there ever been siblings or married couples appeared together on the DL? Know we've had father and son in the past.

Staying with soap actors, a slightly tenuous link perhaps but Ron Moody (b. 1924) did a guest spot on EE not too long ago...

Hmmm interesting, have there ever been siblings or married couples appeared together on the DL? Know we've had father and son in the past.

Staying with soap actors, a slightly tenuous link perhaps but Ron Moody (b. 1924) did a guest spot on EE not too long ago...

"But he thought he better think it out again"

• Like 1

Being topical and because the golf is on,I nominate Peter Alliss (apologies if he has been mentioned before but I just simply CBA to read back folks)

Guest Guest

Right-wing, British-born American author and columnist, John Derbyshire, is undergoing treatment for leukemia.

http://en.wikipedia....John_Derbyshire

Is he one to watch for DeathList or just not well known enough in the UK to get an obituary? I doubt that The Guardian would be too fond of him, like, especially considering some of the things he's said about black people.

Guest Guest

As we are now awaiting the conviction of complete nutcase Anders Behring Breivik,

but not yet certain how the establishment are going to deal with such a lowlife scum!

Can I suggest that he be on the 2013 List?

Kind of a replacement for the Lockerbie Bomber, i.e a person we would all be happy to know has "left the planet"

Well he won't be facing the death penalty, has no serious illnesses that we know of (physically at least), is only 33 and doesn't strike me as the suicidal type. He didn't try to top himself like mass spree-killers typically do.

So I would say no.

Agreed. Breivik is a poor choice for the DeathList. James Holmes is a better choice because there's a good chance he actually will get the death penalty.

As we are now awaiting the conviction of complete nutcase Anders Behring Breivik,

but not yet certain how the establishment are going to deal with such a lowlife scum!

Can I suggest that he be on the 2013 List?

Kind of a replacement for the Lockerbie Bomber, i.e a person we would all be happy to know has "left the planet"

Well he won't be facing the death penalty, has no serious illnesses that we know of (physically at least), is only 33 and doesn't strike me as the suicidal type. He didn't try to top himself like mass spree-killers typically do.

So I would say no.

Agreed. Breivik is a poor choice for the DeathList. James Holmes is a better choice because there's a good chance he actually will get the death penalty.

Yea i agree I think if he wanted to commit suicide he would of done it after he killed all the people , he would of turned the gun on himself.

I can only see him dying in the next 20 years in prison if he is attacked and killed by a fellow inmate.

Edited by Magere Hein
Duplicate quote removed.

Right-wing, British-born American author and columnist, John Derbyshire, is undergoing treatment for leukemia.

Is he one to watch for DeathList or just not well known enough in the UK to get an obituary? I doubt that The Guardian would be too fond of him, like, especially considering some of the things he's said about black people.

Derbyshire would get online obits from all major British broadsheets, no question. Now to find how serious this leukemia is.

Guest Guest

Derbyshire would get online obits from all major British broadsheets, no question. Now to find how serious this leukemia is.

I didn't think he was well known in the UK.

Also, I have no idea how serious his illness is.

Singer Benny Mardones, who I picked in my debut DDP team has been diagnosed with Parkinson's for about 10 years now. He'll be 66 this year - just 4 years younger than Muhammad Ali. Though he has been still performing lately. Just wanted to see if anyone would find him considerable.

Masao Yoshida, the head of the tsunami battered Fukushima nuclear plant - who has spent the last nine months facilitating repairs at the site - has resigned due to ill health. He is currently in hospital, amid speculation that he may be suffering from the effects of exposure to radiation.

Masao Yoshida has been diagnosed with esophagael cancer :skull:.

He's had a supposedly non-life-threatening cerebral haemorrhage.