Ian Smith the first and former prime minister of Southern Rhodesia has resigned from life itself at the age of 88 to bring Deathlist 2007 into double digits for the eighth consecutive year. Smith declared for independence from the United Kingdom in November 1965 and the country failed to be internationally recognized and United Nations economic sanctions were instituted. Finally governor Lord Soames took over the running of Rhodesia and the reign of Ian Smith ended in 1979 after he maintained office for more then fourteen years. Overall this was only Ian's first appearance on Deathlist and it's fortunate for us we didn't have to wait that long.

Edited:

PS: Godot I've made some transitions. The paragraph you wrote is to short and it lacks a creative ending and it changes around the 'Resigned from life itself' to Resigned from life' and it just doesn't go that way. 'I've got rid of the 'unfortunately' with that being opinionated and I've made a few other changes but understand that for anybody Ian Smith is not exactly the ideal individual to write an obituary about so I've made the best out of the whole situation. I'm serious about having the opportunity to write the obituaries and out of all it's something that I've always wanted to do. I've been dedicated to this web sight for two and a half years and having a controversial existence on this forum I do feel how it's possible for other members\Admin to doubt me but I can guarantee you that if I obtain this responsibility every single obituary I write will be both factual and creative. I would have the paragraph up for all to see 24 - 44 hours after the candidate is dead. My offer is on the table and if any of you can give me a Christmas gift you know what it is.

Pull yourself together Banshees. Get up off your knees. Let go of Notapotato's leg. It's demeaning. It's only a f*****g blurb, not War and f*****g Peace.

:( ... Alright I might be overrating the whole ordeal but in life when you want to obtain a certain respect or profession you need to lay it all down. In October I started talking about DDP rules and a couple weeks later the organizers resigned and I continued to work towards the goal of adjusting the rules to the way I wanted them. I didn't exactly get the obituary requirements to the global standard that I had imagined but taking that out of the picture my ten - twelve rule ranting posts started the fire for the whole discussion. Now since I see the obituaries are not really getting done I would enjoy to write them for various reasons. I don't get on my f****n knees for anybody and I've made that clear once before. Also writing the obituaries would give me some form of self satisfaction - taking away the guilt that I've spent far to much time here. At least I could tell myself 'I've gained something substantial' or something like it.

Also writing the obituaries would give me some form of self satisfaction.....

There are other ways Banshees lad. There are other ways..... :(

There are other ways Banshees lad. There are other ways..... :(

Self satisfaction relating to my long time contribution to Deathlist. I still have absolutely no reason why I've contributed so much besides it being an interest. Anyway .. it really doesn't matter. Talking about satisfaction in the field of death... I've already prepared my DDP masterpiece which I expect to have a performance like nobody has ever seen. Now ... to think about what I should call it?

I still prefer "Ian Smith dies, details to follow"

:(

No mention of HMS Lion I see! :(

No mention of HMS Lion I see!

Do you mean HMS Tiger?

HMS Lyon (or as someone else suggests-HMS Tiger) was the ship that Ian Smith used to meet Harold Wilson on, to thrash out the terms and conditions of the 'Declaratin of Independence'

I still prefer "Ian Smith dies, details to follow"

:(

We need a "deadline", which is the key to the DL obit. How about:

"Alas Smith and Bones"

HMS Lyon (or as someone else suggests-HMS Tiger) was the ship that Ian Smith used to meet Harold Wilson on, to thrash out the terms and conditions of the 'Declaratin of Independence'

You genius. I think the problem is that they couldn't think of a proper pun for the news title, and you've just provided the clue:

The Lyon finally sleeps tonight!

:D

You genius. I think the problem is that they couldn't think of a proper pun for the news title, and you've just provided the clue:

totally groanworthy

That's crap.

That's crap.

Oh c'mon, it's not that bad!

Can you do any better? (Cowboy Ronnie's is good though...)

That's crap.

I can do worse! End of the Rhode for Ian Smith.

That's crap.

I can do worse! End of the Rhode for Ian Smith.

I like it madame. A little too concise and relevant though, I think I can make it worse.

How about? 'End of the Rhode for slightly quiffy, stiffy, Smithy, who's now a little sniffy.' Very pithy.

Err... jiffy, spliffy. So many ys, so little time.

Popped on to see if Ike had made the list this year, surprised he hadn't to be honest.

Anyway back to the subject matter. Disappointed to see there is still no update but delighted with the alternatives. Very witty indeed.

Popped on to see if Ike had made the list this year, surprised he hadn't to be honest.

Anyway back to the subject matter. Disappointed to see there is still no update but delighted with the alternatives. Very witty indeed.

Well they've finally done it, and owing to the delayed nature of the write up, the Deathlist have outpunned us again!

:lol:

Yes, I agree: all of the top DDP contenders in 2018 (bar me) should all pick Ian Smith on their teams. B)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, msc said:

Yes, I agree: all of the top DDP contenders in 2018 (bar me) should all pick Ian Smith on their teams. B)

He seems a bit too old for me. I'll pass.