Gravedigger

Jerry Lewis

very good in "The King of Comedy" and "Funnybones".

Aye, granted. Mebbe that Norman Wisdom comparison was a bit harsh.

He was, however, amusing at BEST and dated at worst.

Maybe he should get together with Norman Wisdom, who seems to suffer under a similarly time-warped illusion that his old act still has the power to amuse.

I disagree.He was quite funny on Letterman and his old films are very funny. Also very good in "The King of Comedy" and "Funnybones".

Are you French?

The only good film Jerry Lewis has been in was "King of comedy".

And that was only any good because De Niro was in it and Lewis was playing it straight.

i dont think he has long left at all

hopefull.. hell be kept for 06

but he may be beaten by some of the more aged members of the list.

which leaves us in a bit of a pickle.

perhaps hell leave by xmas.

He was, however, amusing at BEST and dated at worst.

Maybe he should get together with Norman Wisdom, who seems to suffer under a similarly time-warped illusion that his old act still has the power to amuse.

I disagree.He was quite funny on Letterman and his old films are very funny. Also very good in "The King of Comedy" and "Funnybones".

Are you French?

The only good film Jerry Lewis has been in was "King of comedy".

And that was only any good because De Niro was in it and Lewis was playing it straight.

If anybody is stupid enough to think that King of Comedy was actually funny bthen they really need severe psychiatric help. The movie was garbage. Pure garbage. Among other things it was one of those rare occasions which shoed that DeNiro could not always get into character, here was one of his few film roles where you always knew that it was DeNiro. Not for one moment did you forget and the best thing about the movie was when the credits rolled at the end.

:P:):grave:

Aye, granted. Mebbe that Norman Wisdom comparison was a bit harsh.

Sorry Mary but you hit a nerve with me The "Norman Wisdom Fan Club" here!

My hero is Norman.... he's a lovey guy, unlike that arrogant ass called Jerry Lewis.

Admittedly I watched him when I was a child and found him funny, that squeeky voice is now like dragging fingers across a chalk board!!!

Norman had the kids laughing a few years back in a panto! He had still got it.

:rip::lol::lol:

I cant compare the two.... One is my hero (Norman). The other is now a zero!

Regards,

:ghost: VIENNA

xxxx

Guest Ancient Mariner

JL should not be considered on the death list for 2006. The fact he was born at all is a complete travesty.

Another from the fan club. Norman Wisdom for President? The Albanians sure think so. Now those guys know how to compile a death list. All contenders queue up for Kosova...

Norman Wisdom for President?

If it gets him out of the UK for good I say put the man in charge of Albania. Aren't we - technically speaking - still in a state of hostilities with them over their sinking of a British battleship in 1946?

Well we didn't put him on the 2006 list, but today he has turned 80! I don't particullarly think that it's some magic number, but it looks like he might be getting closer to end game.

No birthday news on his health, though he did receive the Legion of Honour for the occassion.

Found this article which is fairly obit like, but doesn't talk about his current health.

Jerry is now Dead, congrats

He's as dead as I am!

(Perhaps not the best example).

Oh it is - trust me.

The BBC ran this story about Jerry Lewis' Legion of Honour / 80th birthday celebrations

Article makes it seem like he won't be going anywhere anytime soon...

as does this one..

Lewis back on TV

Looks like...

Jerry Lewis won't be making any appearences on Deathlist for a while. :o

Although sadly your artical presents no photo...

Another load of rubbish postings as usual!!

Yes, your really going to have to curtail your posts

It's a shocking turn around on Lewis' part. From earlier pictures, he looked awful, but I guess it was just SPAM (sp) that distorted his body. A similar situation to the pic of Mary Travers everybody was making fun of earlier.

just found the article myself.

Jerry Lewis in '07.

just found the article myself.

Jerry Lewis in '07.

For a moment I thought he was on this years list, which he isn't.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be anything fatal, though I doubt it since the heart attack was described as 'mild'.

Lewis announced last week that he planned to direct a version of his hit 1963 comedy, "The Nutty Professor," as a musical on Broadway by October 2008.

Those plans have not changed, said executive producer Ned McLeod of The Michael Andrew Company, which bought the rights to develop the show in March.

"We support and will be by Jerry on any health issue that comes up for him as well as he would for me or Michael," McLeod said. "It's not going to affect us."

This is a hard one to call and therefore certainly worth watching. It's worth taking into consideration the fact that some pre-production work, at least in terms of organising the finances, is probably well under way for his stage show two years down the line. In view of that it would be in the interests of Lewis, the people taking a percentage of his earnings and the venue involved to play down any health worries. So, for example, if most of the the cash was committed this time next year only for Lewis to die, everyone else involved would still have a job because there'd be too much at stake to write it off. The only question would be how to replace the dead 'un. Then again, maybe they're telling the truth about his health this time.

Jerry Lewis nominated to receive the Congressional Gold Medal for raising more than 1.4 billion for charity via his telethons.

He was well enough to appear on the latest telethon on monday, so probably not a good pick for '07.

Just checking out Jerry Lewis as a possible DDP pick and found this link to a film he made but never released in which he plays a clown leading children to the gas chambers in Auschwitz. I thought I'd seen everything.

I've read the above link and - remain - unsure whether it's an elaborate internet hoax or the real deal.

Does any film buff on here know for sure?

I've read the above link and - remain - unsure whether it's an elaborate internet hoax or the real deal.

Does any film buff on here know for sure?

And here is the movie on IMDB - 'The Day the Clown Cried'