Paul Bearer

Fort William Football Club

Today's game off. Waterlogged pitch.

The one consolation of Fort's wayward fixture list is surely they'd be hell on earth for Asian spread betting sydicates!

Strathspey 1 vs Rothes 2

WTF!!!?

Rothes' defeat today means they need maximum points and a massive change in goal difference to avoid bottom place.

• Like 1

Taken from their Facebook page

FORT WILLIAM FC v COVE RANGERS FC

This match, that is due to take place at Claggan Park this coming Saturday, will be subject to a 10 am Friday morning pitch inspection!

If there is any doubt regarding the state of the pitch, then Fort William FC will have to forfeit home advantage and play the match at a neutral venue.

This is to ensure that the league champions are decided before the promotion play-offs start on the 23rd April.

This match, that is due to take place at Claggan Park this coming Saturday, will be subject to a 10 am Friday morning pitch inspection!

If there is any doubt regarding the state of the pitch, then Fort William FC will have to forfeit home advantage and play the match at a neutral venue.

This is to ensure that the league champions are decided before the promotion play-offs start on the 23rd April.

Fair enough, have Fort ever considered going the 3G route I wonder.

Works a treat for Maidstone United (who manage to rent out the pitch for around 40 hours a week)

Farcebook page update says the game will now be played at Grant Park Lossiemouth.

Fort William 0 Cove Rangers 4

So, since we're near as guaranteed second bottom spot (unless a rash winning streak marks the end of the season), will we return to losing ways next season?

So, since we're near as guaranteed second bottom spot (unless a rash winning streak marks the end of the season), will we return to losing ways next season?

Do we know for certain where Claudio Ranieri will be next season? :lol:

• Like 1

Congratulations to Cove Rangers FC, Press & Journal Highland League Champions 2015/16. Now, who will finish last?

Congratulations to Cove Rangers FC, Press & Journal Highland League Champions 2015/16. Now, who will finish last?

Rothes, inescapably now.

Today's win and the tonnage of games in hand actually raises the possibility that Fort could catch a team above them, possibly Huntly,

Tonight's result Full-time FWFC 0 Nairn 3

So, the dizzy heights of second bottom are pretty much a foregone conclusion now.

So, the dizzy heights of second bottom are pretty much a foregone conclusion now.

Tomorrows game is a 2pm kick off. Might see the final score before I start work.

Tomorrows game is a 2pm kick off.

I'll just be surging into my second pre-match pint ahead of the (near enough) dead rubber as Carlisle play away at Crawley; play off hopes totally in the hands of others now, so even if we win 10-0 we might find the lowest placed team in the play-offs with more than 70 points by 5pm and leave with nowt but pride to play for until August.

Fort William 0 Huntly 2

Fort William 0 Huntly 2

Big result for Huntly

So, s'cuse my ignorance but Fort have two inconsequential games to play against teams who can't get promoted; the league still expects all fixtures to be carried out despite this being the end of the season, right?

Fort William 0 Huntly 2

Big result for Huntly

So, s'cuse my ignorance but Fort have two inconsequential games to play against teams who can't get promoted; the league still expects all fixtures to be carried out despite this being the end of the season, right?

That would leave all bets at the bookies void; I'd be in danger of losing 2p winnings if the Fort are in the bottom two at the completion of the season. with only with only my 20 quid stake money back. :lol:

Fort William 0 Huntly 2

Big result for Huntly

That would leave all bets at the bookies void; I'd be in danger of losing 2p winnings if the Fort are in the bottom two at the completion of the season. with only with only my 20 quid stake money back. :lol:

So, onwards but not upwards, then, bet they're massively unpopular with the two teams they have left to play, eh?

So, one more defeath to go and they can put this high-achieving season to bed.

Closed the account with a 0-1 home defeat to Turiff.

Be seeing this thread again next season, then,

Can Fort maintain the heady second-bottom form for another campaign?