Grim Reaper

Eddie Large

Just thought I would point out that Syd Little has been announced as one of the contestents on this summer's Celebrity Masterchef. I presume they are filming/have just filmed for later broadcast. If he does well we might get a glimpse of Eddie.

I thought they hadn't spoken to each other in years. Or maybe perhaps Eddie will be there to eat the leftovers.

no way Eddie would never do that, that would actually be funny

Dear Awesome Guest, you may think it is funny that we go on about these unfunny comedians from the 1970s but if your comments on your age are true then you can have no concept of the true horror of Saturday night light entertainment. Three channels was our total choice and one of them was ITV. No videos, no computer games, no internet, no deathlist. Remember Little and Large were no means the worst offerings that were laid before us.

See I am scarred for life.

• Like 1

Just thought I would point out that Syd Little has been announced as one of the contestents on this summer's Celebrity Masterchef. I presume they are filming/have just filmed for later broadcast. If he does well we might get a glimpse of Eddie.

I thought they hadn't spoken to each other in years. Or maybe perhaps Eddie will be there to eat the leftovers.

no way Eddie would never do that, that would actually be funny

Dear Awesome Guest, you may think it is funny that we go on about these unfunny comedians from the 1970s but if your comments on your age are true then you can have no concept of the true horror of Saturday night light entertainment. Three channels was our total choice and one of them was ITV. No videos, no computer games, no internet, no deathlist. Remember Little and Large were no means the worst offerings that were laid before us.

There were many others that subjected us to terrible comedy shows and acts. Cannon & Ball, The Krankies, Russ Abbot.. to name just a few, Sad to say, this was often referred to as "quality television". It's like when they introduce some old biddy on a chat or panel show and introduce her as "the lovely...."

• Like 1

Re the pair, Little and Large, not speaking. Is there - like - any hard evidence of this? I thought Eddie's health problems had done for what was left of their career (mainly middle-billing on touring variety packages long after television had forgotten them).

Re the pair, Little and Large, not speaking. Is there - like - any hard evidence of this? I thought Eddie's health problems had done for what was left of their career (mainly middle-billing on touring variety packages long after television had forgotten them).

I guess the source might be Eddie's own revelation, reported by The Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/little-and-large-havent-spoken-for-a-long-time-1988413.html

But hard evidence? Should they wiretap to check whether they really don't speak to each other? ;)

Maybe the fact that they didn't sue the Independent for libel can be regarded as indirect evidence.

Edited by GossipGabe

I guess the source might be Eddie's own revelation, reported by The Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/little-and-large-havent-spoken-for-a-long-time-1988413.html

But hard evidence? Should they wiretap to check whether they really don't speak to each other? ;)

Maybe the fact that they didn't sue the Independent for libel can be regarded as indirect evidence.

Cheers, more a case of drifting apart, then. He sounds more chipper than I expected. 15 million people watched them, that is truly a mark of the lack of choice available then, eh? I mean, it's not like they keep repeating their "classic" sketches, like Morecambe and Wise, is it?

• Like 1

Cheers, more a case of drifting apart, then. He sounds more chipper than I expected. 15 million people watched them, that is truly a mark of the lack of choice available then, eh? I mean, it's not like they keep repeating their "classic" sketches, like Morecambe and Wise, is it?

Morecambe and Wise would draw over 20 million in their heyday. But then again they were actually funny. I watched perhaps a couple of episodes of Little and Large, but I fail to remember any specific sketches that they did or any of their jokes.

Morecambe and Wise would draw over 20 million in their heyday. But then again they were actually funny. I watched perhaps a couple of episodes of Little and Large, but I fail to remember any specific sketches that they did or any of their jokes.

*Steps back in amazement*

• Like 1

There were many others that subjected us to terrible comedy shows and acts. Cannon & Ball, The Krankies, Russ Abbot.. to name just a few, Sad to say, this was often referred to as "quality television". It's like when they introduce some old biddy on a chat or panel show and introduce her as "the lovely...."

I never watched any of this shite. There was another option, reading, and I read a lot, usually free of charge via the library.

And I never found Morecambe and Wise remotely funny either. They were just as childish and farcical as those mentioned, but they relied on having incongruous guests who were willing to have the piss taken out of them. For some reason people found this amusing. I found them just silly and boring.

I never watched any of this shite. There was another option, reading, and I read a lot, usually free of charge via the library.

And I never found Morecambe and Wise remotely funny either. They were just as childish and farcical as those mentioned, but they relied on having incongruous guests who were willing to have the piss taken out of them. For some reason people found this amusing. I found them just silly and boring.

The library was always free of charge for me too, I read a lot, but also occasionally would take a break from that. Even looking back at some of the shows that I used to laugh at as a kid, now I can't understand why. Out of the comedy double acts around at the time, Morecombe & Wise were one of the best.

The library was always free of charge for me too, I read a lot, but also occasionally would take a break from that. Even looking back at some of the shows that I used to laugh at as a kid, now I can't understand why. Out of the comedy double acts around at the time, Morecombe & Wise were one of the best.

I suppose I just don't like that kind of act. The only exception that springs to mind is the Two Ronnies, but there you had brilliant writing, and great comic timing.

• Like 1

I suppose I just don't like that kind of act. The only exception that springs to mind is the Two Ronnies, but there you had brilliant writing, and great comic timing.

I agree the Two Ronnies had good comedic timing. I used to watch Two Ronnies and Morecombe & Wise. Slight different types of humour, and yet very similar.

Looking back on many shows at the time, there woud be half the show that I can watch again and still get a chuckle and the other half I'm thinking to myself "I don't remember this" and "How long will this be over before it gets to the funny part". There's a fair bit of the Two Ronnies that they wouldn't really be able to show on TV these days purely because of how racially offensive they would come across with the stereotypes they would portray.

I agree the Two Ronnies had good comedic timing. I used to watch Two Ronnies and Morecombe & Wise. Slight different types of humour, and yet very similar.

Looking back on many shows at the time, there woud be half the show that I can watch again and still get a chuckle and the other half I'm thinking to myself "I don't remember this" and "How long will this be over before it gets to the funny part". There's a fair bit of the Two Ronnies that they wouldn't really be able to show on TV these days purely because of how racially offensive they would come across with the stereotypes they would portray.

FFS, only one Ronnie was funny (and he was the one who could write a bit).

Little and Large had some half-decent musical guests, which was the only reason I ever tuned in.

I'm sick of all the oldsters complaining. Our generation, we have a full-on Tory government and also have to suffer through a shite thing brought to us by unbearable berks, called "football".

Guest awesome guest

I'm sick of all the oldsters complaining. Our generation, we have a full-on Tory government and also have to suffer through a shite thing brought to us by unbearable berks, called "football".

I just cried tears of delight finally someone who realises what bullshit football is. Even worse people get played millions of euro to lick I mean kick balls across a field MILLIONS imagine that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSISFW7lGg

I notice this guy and the actor who plays Hagrid in Harry Potter have never been in the same place before. That can't be coincidence can it?

I notice this guy and the actor who plays Hagrid in Harry Potter have never been in the same place before. That can't be coincidence can it?

are you looking for excuses to post shit on the forum
  • Like 4

Helping in some charity or fundraising or something like that, photo included:

http://www.somersetguardian.co.uk/Minibus-pupils-shiny-new-adventures/story-28112983-detail/story.html#1

Fairly healthy skin colour, respect to the heart surgeons!

Nasty discolouration on the back on his hand. Maybe onset of significant rejection and thus circulatory issues. Next year really could be his last.

Nasty discolouration on the back on his hand. Maybe onset of significant rejection and thus circulatory issues. Next year really could be his last.

Good spot, then again, he might just have had a mishap whilst necking a blueberry muffin!

• Like 1

And that observation, my friend, is why I love you. Nobody else would have noticed that. You have a special gift :)

• Like 1

Looks like age spots on his hand.