Sign in to follow this  
Death Watch Beatle

Patty Andrews

Well considering it's been almost 4 years since anyone has posted on this thread, does anyone know the state of Andrews' health and/or condition in 2011?

How DARE you foist this obscene "scam" on REAL Andrews Sisters fans.  You ought to be ashamed of yourself - the Andrews Sisters would NEVER have sung anything as overtly scatological as this!!!!

Dunno about her health, but apparently there are Andrews Sisters obsessives out there who get really angry on Youtube, so touch wood we should have some googlebaited nutjobs turning up in this thread.

Happy birthday woman who there will be absolutely no news about until the actual moment she dies.

Happy birthday woman who there will be absolutely no news about until the actual moment she dies.

Might be if she falls very ill, Zsa Zsa and Liz Taylor among others are testament to that

Guest Guest

I saw that she died on January 22, 2011.

:o

Might be if she falls very ill, Zsa Zsa and Liz Taylor among others are testament to that

That would mainly depend on her husband (and he died last year).

They've kept that quiet, not even Wikipedia or her own official website knows about it!

They've kept that quiet, not even Wikipedia or her own official website knows about it!

I think that was an attempt at an April Fool's prank...

I think that was an attempt at an April Fool's prank...

A piss poor one at that.

Saw a photo of her from a few years back at a celebrity luncheon type of thing, was using a walker looked like her teeth had started to decompose was a sad sight, I also know that a year or so ago on ebay a dealer was selling off part of her estate that Patty had commissioned him to do a lot of old Andrews sisters memorabilia records photos etc.etc. so I think she must not be doing well.

A cohort of The Andrew's Sisters wrote this article 5 months ago, stating a minor update on her otherwise clandestine existence.

Key phrase- "However, at age 94, her health is not that good anymore. It got so poor that earlier this year she was placed in hospice care. Her memory is fading so she does not remember many of the moments in her life that brought her joy like singing and entertaining."

A cohort of The Andrew's Sisters wrote this article 5 months ago, stating a minor update on her otherwise clandestine existence.

Key phrase- "However, at age 94, her health is not that good anymore. It got so poor that earlier this year she was placed in hospice care. Her memory is fading so she does not remember many of the moments in her life that brought her joy like singing and entertaining."

The phrase 'hospice care' seems pretty decisive

The phrase 'hospice care' seems pretty decisive

If she pegs it this year, I will have DEFINITELY won the DDP. You might as well all give up now. Why doesn't my return key work in the forums any more? I can't start a new line.

Guest Pam DuBois

She is very much alive, out of hospice, and looking forward to her 95th Birthday next month.

Does "hospice" mean something different in America? :scratchhead:

Does "hospice" mean something different in America? :scratchhead:

Dunno, it's always meant the same to me.

The same article I posted here in November has a January 2013 update (with photo included).

As pointed out earlier in this thread by Pam Dubois, she IS out of hospice care, however she's still confined to her bed whilst suffering the effects of dementia.

2 hits in January. Could be a good year for the DeathList...

Then again bugger all could happen for the next six months.

Was just thinking the same, and they weren't 2 of the expected ones either

First year this has happened since the record-equaling 2008, and the fifth time overall. Even though the first month can never truly be telling it's certainly a quality beginning...