Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Michael Phelps

At least we know Phelps smoked pot, unlike all the other threads being created the past few days. I might as well just create threads for every living person regardless if they're deserving of an individual thread or not. Consider it my silent protest to newbies (as well as a couple older glory hounds) starting horseshit threads. Expect more in the coming days....or hours if the trend persists.

In the meantime, place all Phelps info, and hell why not all swimming-related folks, right here. You'll have a good three decades before it matters. But at least he deserves his own thread.

SirC

• Like 3

? He's mentally unbalanced, so the dope smoking ain't a surprise...

He ain't got 30 years SC.

• Like 1

There was (and still is) a thread for Michael Jackson, Whitney et al.

• Like 1

Oh, for Christ's sake. It's a damn internet forum. It is not a personal attack when someone creates a thread. Skip it if you don't like it.

• Like 9

I've decided to reboot this thread every time some asshole posts a thread about someone no closer to death than Morbidkid or DrZorders are. I'll just post the name/thread here every time and you'll have been 'phelped'.

SC

Andy Bell

Marc Almond

Anthony Kiedis, latest thread to get 'phelped'

SC

I've decided to reboot this thread every time some asshole posts a thread about someone no closer to death than Morbidkid or DrZorders are. I'll just post the name/thread here every time and you'll have been 'phelped'.

SC

Andy Bell

Marc Almond

I think Andy Bell and Marc Almond are legitimate discussions.

Particularly Bell who is HIV positive and looking rough.

The Marc Almond thread was started many years ago when he was seriously injured in a RTA.

The Andy Bell thread is also years old.

The Marc Almond thread was started many years ago when he was seriously injured in a RTA.

The Andy Bell thread is also years old.

Both were started in 2004.

• Like 1

At least we know Phelps smoked pot, unlike all the other threads being created the past few days. I might as well just create threads for every living person regardless if they're deserving of an individual thread or not. Consider it my silent protest to newbies (as well as a couple older glory hounds) starting horseshit threads. Expect more in the coming days....or hours if the trend persists.

In the meantime, place all Phelps info, and hell why not all swimming-related folks, right here. You'll have a good three decades before it matters. But at least he deserves his own thread.

SirC

I dunno, I think a pair of tight and skimpy Speedos is a pretty serious health risk if you ask me! Can't pull that Speedo elastic too tight now...

Oh look someone created a thread for Iggy Pop!

Phelped

Phelped

Will you stop acting like a spoilt kid that's spat out its dummy? (Pacifier).

If you don't like it, move along, there's nothing to see here.

• Like 3

Phelped

What is your issue with a thread for Iggy Pop?

Or are you just "phelping" threads for people who aren't American footballers or baseball players? (i.e. people you have no idea who they are)

• Like 1

Phelped

sir Creep iggy pop is notorious for drug use which makes him a health concern look at someone like Jimmy Carter or George Bush Snr their threads were started 10 years before they had health problems but you wouldn't notice that now because now they have a purpose. Threads are part of this site whether you like it or not and because you don't see them as usual doesn't mean other people will.
  • Like 1

Phelped

sir Creep iggy pop is notorious for drug use which makes him a health concern look at someone like Jimmy Carter or George Bush Snr their threads were started 10 years before they had health problems but you wouldn't notice that now because now they have a purpose. Threads are part of this site whether you like it or not and because you don't see them as usual doesn't mean other people will.

MK, You don't have to justify the creation of a thread for Iggy Pop to Sir Creep. Just tell him to fuck off and do some research

Phelped

Iggy has spent decades living in the fast lane from La to Tokyo and could be a Boomer Gen musician who dies any year. Just like an 80 year old or a pro wrestler from the 80's he is on the clock.

Dolphin Boy is about 4 decades younger and just smokes weed and likely will outlive 85% of this board. There is no indication he will be dead in the next decade or even 20-30 years from now.

• Like 1

Apparently he's in three events in Rio. I don't want to come across as mean spirited, but I'd laugh if he fell flat on his arse (or the swimming equivalent) and won nothing.

Apparently he's in three events in Rio. I don't want to come across as mean spirited, but I'd laugh if he fell flat on his arse (or the swimming equivalent) and won nothing.

Nah, now he's kinda too old for swimming (at least for most events), and obviously past his prime, but he will always be a legend, no matter what. 200 m butterfly could be a nice rematch between defending champ Chad Le Clos and Phelps. The South African is considerably younger, but Phelps has a much better qualifying time.

EDIT: Oh, I see this is not in the extra-curricular section, so I'd need to add something on topic as well: I'd consider him a very remote possibility in 2017. Suicide and substance abuse might do it for him, but these are always unpredictable. I wouldn't select him for any teams.

Time to give this thread a re-boot what with the Amitabh Bachchan thread, as well as a few others what made me roll my eyes.  Please read post #1 for reference if you are confused.

Suffice, the minute you are 1) explaining who the person is or 2) typing the phrase 'is famous' or 'is a celebrity' in your opening paragraph, by definition they aren't.  Maybe a wee bit, but not enough for their own thread.  That honour should be sacrosanct, imho.
SC

• Facepalm 1

Thought about suicide.  Way back when.  To my knowledge he didn't do it.  I can't confirm he actually exists, just some image on my TV screen.  
Anyway, since we are rebooting threads, here 'tis.
SC

10-year old Clark Kent Apuada, appropriately named Superman, won the 100-meter butterfly at the Far West International Championship in California on Sunday with the time of 1:09:30 — more than a full second faster than the record Michael Phelps set at the same championship in 1995.

SC

• Like 1

Caeleb Dressel was sure to make a statement one year out from the 2020 Games in Tokyo. 

The 22-year-old American took home a record eight medals, surpassing Michael Phelps' previous mark of seven, with a slew of impressive performances in Gwangju, South Korea. He had tied that number two years ago at the world championships in Hungary. 

Phelps suicide watch.

It’s that time of year again.

No not the Beijing Olympics; rather that time when a loose cannon makes threads for nobodies. In this case, Klaus Schwab.

Refer to OP if you’re confused.  This is one of if not THEE most useful thread on DL.

SC

• Like 1