Sign in to follow this  
Predictor

Alan Young

I have him on my DDP theme team this year.I read somewhere that he wasn`t too well and that his family were fighting over who should control his assets but I don`t think it was a major site that reported it. Definitely worthy of considering for a place on the Death list.He has no direct links in Britain as he lived virtually his entire life in America but I think most people of a certain age would have heard of Mr Ed and certainly Scrooge McDuck and the Disney link is very significant in obits.He also starred in many episodes of the Smurfs which was massive even when I was little.

I reckon he must also be the oldest living voice actor or at least the oldest working voice actor.I think June Foray is the oldest working and living voice actress and she is two years older than Alan but I can`t think of anyone else.

Not sure how big the show is outside of the Usa but for people around my age in the Us, DuckTales was something almost everyone in grade school watched after school in the late 80's-early 90's. With the family vulturing over his assets makes me think if he makes it to the end of the year he would be a very strong pick for 2016.

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg.......

Guest Guest

He should be put on the 2016 list for sure

I'm still really confused as to why Sir Nicholas Winton wasn't on this year's list though... would have been an excellent pick

Way back in the fifties, he starred in "Androcles and the Lion"- very entertaining film if you can get it-

Not sure how big the show is outside of the Usa but for people around my age in the Us, DuckTales was something almost everyone in grade school watched after school in the late 80's-early 90's. With the family vulturing over his assets makes me think if he makes it to the end of the year he would be a very strong pick for 2016.

He is not really well known as an individual over in the UK as I know but if you said scrooge McDuck or Mr Ed people would know.A bit like Casey Kasem.No one knew the name but knew the voice.

Well this is creepy. There's an unofficial report of the death of the Italian actor who voiced Scrooge McDuck, Luigi "Gigi" Angelillo at the age of 69. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orgoglionerd.it%2Fnews%2F2015%2F07%2Fmorto-gigi-angelillo-storica-voce-di-zio-paperone&edit-text=

More follows, Duck A L'Orange at 11.

• Like 2

Why can't this guy go in the Voice Actors thread?

Why can't this guy go in the Voice Actors thread?

Because he's not just a voice actor

If that's directed at Angelillo:

Predictor starts thread re Scrooge McDuck and Duck Tales voice actor.

Angelillo, Italian voice actor for Scrooge McDuck and Duck Tales dies 2 days later.

Coincidence highlighted.

For future reference, I'll not be explaining my choice of thread.

I can't see why we have to have separate threads for such people. There's no need for it.

• Like 1

I can't see why we have to have separate threads for such people. There's no need for it.

I'll admit he's not a name that immediately springs to mind and there are many others who have been in more roles and are probably wider known.

It doesn't matter if he/she is the greatest most widely known and heralded as the pinnacle of voice actors. Why you people feel the need to peel off individuals from existing threads can only be explained by the need to see your name in lights as the starter of a thread.

Sir C

It doesn't matter if he/she is the greatest most widely known and heralded as the pinnacle of voice actors. Why you people feel the need to peel off individuals from existing threads can only be explained by the need to see your name in lights as the starter of a thread.

Sir C

So what threads can be created.Every celebrity belongs to a particular group after all whether it is acting ,politics,sport of a various sort , comedy or reality TV.Should we just get rid of individual threads altogether?. Alan Young for the record has been a regular actor, a television presenter, a radio host and comedian not just a voice actor.

• Like 2

Sir C

For the first two YEARS of my membership at deathlist.net, I created exactly ZERO threads. :referee:

Your theory = Debunked in milliseconds.

• Like 1

Sir C

like the beauty queen thread
  • Like 1

Sir C

Wrong dumass there wasn't one. Now if I chose to start a thread for a particular pageant winner then yes that would fit the paradigm. Better luck with your future analogies.

SC

When I first joined I niaively thought that Named threads were only for people who had actually made it on to the main list previously. That would be so much neater.

• Like 1

Sir C

Wrong dumass there wasn't one. Now if I chose to start a thread for a particular pageant winner then yes that would fit the paradigm. Better luck with your future analogies.

SC

isn't starting a thread for them the same as starting a thread for a person or is it just ok when you do it and no one else

96 Today :birthday:

As a name that never comes up but someone who is on my list, I got a little excited when I saw Alan Young in the recent activity - alas, it was just his birthday......