Death in Pixie Boots

12. Dennis Skinner

"Hands of the BBC" he says at the state opening of parliament.

• Like 1

What about the feet of the BBC?

• Like 1

What about the feet of the BBC?

You spotted the (ahem) deliberate mistake; well done. :D

Saw a load of replies to this and assumed the worst. Forget it was annual Skinner's witticism day. Unimpressed by this years to be honest.

Dennis Skinner, 85, got very aerated in the House of Commons earlier this week.  For a man with heart problems, he doesn't seem to be giving much consideration to perhaps calming down a little.  There must be an outside chance of him dropping dead in the Commons chamber during a future rant. 

Not much history of Hon. Mems croaking in the House. Last, and only the second ever, instance was in 1907.

On 29/11/2017 at 22:53, DevonDeathTrip said:

Dennis Skinner, 85, got very aerated in the House of Commons earlier this week.  For a man with heart problems, he doesn't seem to be giving much consideration to perhaps calming down a little.  There must be an outside chance of him dropping dead in the Commons chamber during a future rant. 

Skinner and dear old Kenneth Clarke are going to have to be carried out of the Commons in a coffin. They will continue their verbal jousting to the bitter end now I expect. 

On 01/12/2017 at 20:56, Deathrace said:

On 01/12/2017 at 20:56, Deathrace said:

Skinner and dear old Kenneth Clarke are going to have to be carried out of the Commons in a coffin. They will continue their verbal jousting to the bitter end now I expect. 

I think Ken Clarke will not stand in another election. He has a very don't care attitude towards other members of his own party these days. 

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think Ken Clarke will not stand in another election. He has a very don't care attitude towards other members of his own party these days. 

Happy to sit on the backbenches, knowing his seat is safe. 

Ken Clarke said he wouldn’t restand at the next General Election after 2015 but reversed his decision in 2017. He and Skinner are carrying on til the bitter end. It’s a bit like Tommy Cooper, they know they are going to depart this world in the act and appear at peace with their decision. 

17 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Ken Clarke said he wouldn’t restand at the next General Election after 2015 but reversed his decision in 2017. He and Skinner are carrying on til the bitter end. It’s a bit like Tommy Cooper, they know they are going to depart this world in the act and appear at peace with their decision. 

Skinner will die in parliament, making himself entitled to a state funeral.

• Haha 1

I fear one day the beast of bolsover will keel over live on TV one day during Prime Ministers questions. Basically because he gets so worked up and the colour of his face changes for the worse whilst he's in full diatribe mode! 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 08:39, Gooseberry Crumble said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't particularly wish death on political rivals. I mean, David Cameron will live another 30 odd years knowing his legacy is mud, and that's far more satisfying than if he'd just been shot or something. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I long for the day!

"Is the Prime Minister aware that..." *gasp* *thud*

Gosh you must really dislike him?! 

Looking more tomato faced and irate than usual in PMQ's.Blood pressure Dennis dear boy!

Prime Minister wished him a Happy Birthday despite it being on Sunday.Guess it is the nearest PMQs to his birthday.

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

Looking more tomato faced and irate than usual in PMQ's.Blood pressure Dennis dear boy!

Ah now, Sean, you know that Dennis's ideal road out of here would be to keel over in PMQs right after denouncing Tory cuts!

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

Prime Minister wished him a Happy Birthday despite it being on Sunday.Guess it is the nearest PMQs to his birthday.

Or she believes its a jinx to wish someone happy birthday before their actual birthday?

• Like 2

Isn't it still a criminal offence to die in the Houses of Parliament?

Just now, Sean said:

Isn't it still a criminal offence to die in the Houses of Parliament?

Actually, no.

Spencer Perceval died in the House - assassination. But there was also an old Liberal guy around 1910 - I forget his name - who keeled over and died right as he was casting his vote! Just one of those urban legends, I'm afraid. As is, I'm pretty sure, the "death in the Commons = state funeral" thing.

However, on the plus side, you can get done for drunk driving if you are found to be over the limit while riding a horse, so not all the quirky laws are legends.

Many Happy Returns, 86 today! :birthday:

• Like 1