honez

Jimmy Savile

Having recently discovered this site I am astonished to see that Jimmy Saville made it to the top 20 (only just) in 1987, and yet 18 years later he has not made another single appearance!!! My sister and I swap a list with each other each year and he has consistently been in my top 5. Now either it has been realised that the old jewellery jangler has discovered the secret of immortality or in fact that the old man upstairs has indeed fixed-it-for-us and taken him away without me knowing about it. My question is therefore: Is Jimmy Saville still alive, and if so, why on earth isn’t he in the top 5 of this years list?

<Thread merged>

Edited by honez

If I remember correctly, there is already a thread for Jimmy on the Deathlist, and a member claiming to have seen him recently buying a packet of Spangles in his local newsagent's says he is still in reasonably good health and not in any obvious danger of imminent demise.

I met Jimmy myself once about 15 years ago at an after-race party for the Glasgow marathon which I had gatecrashed. He was wearing a caftan and smoking a cigar. He said: "well done, well done, well done", and was obviously under the impression that I had just run the Glasgow marathon. He was, however, mistaken.

<Thread merged>

Edited by Notapotato

Guest PandL

Was doing a search on Mr Savile today to see what was occuring with him these days (reasons as soon below) and I came upon your wonderful site...

I actually bumped into him today in North Yorkshire. He was with a couple of friends in a restaurant and myself and my gf had a good 20 mins chatting to him.

He appears in wonderful health, great company and a great guy. Spent his time telling us various stories and basically making us piss ourselves with laughing. Sorry guys, but on what I saw, he's gonna be around a while...

Guest THE KING OF CHAV'S

jimmy savaile - very old. He comes into the café where i work, a lot. he's a really dirty man. B)

Guest mr diamond

Im a good freind of jimmy and we go out regular, i can say he is as fit as a fiddle and i reckon he will out live the lot of ya, sorry and all that

And it turns out he's a bit of a guest magnet (excluding me obviously), so it looks like we'll get lots of ranters when he goes.

He's not eighty yet and the cigars are something of a social prop. Given the thousands of miles he's run and the lack of pork about his body I'll bet his heart and lungs are in fine shape for a bloke in his late seventies. Plus he's got the kind of money that buys private health care and nips pre-canerous cells before the get malignant. Long shot I'd say.

Guest 123...now watch me disapear

Jimmy Saville is a legend like Rod Hull, Jimmy Hill and Kieth Chegwin.

He was a character, which is more than you can say for todays bland selection of tv personalities.

Long live Jim!

Jimmy Saville is a legend like Rod Hull, Jimmy Hill and Kieth Chegwin.

Not sure he'd be flattered to be bracketed with those giants of the small screen ....

Guest iain

Jimmy Saville completed the London marathon as recently as last april,so look slike he wont be included ont he deathlist for a few years to come.aAlan Freeman might be a better bet

He's not eighty yet and the cigars are something of a social prop. Given the thousands of miles he's run and the lack of pork about his body I'll bet his heart and lungs are in fine shape for a bloke in his late seventies. Plus he's got the kind of money that buys private health care and nips pre-canerous cells before the get malignant. Long shot I'd say.

Whilst I have no doubt he can afford private healthcare he leads a surprisingly modest lifestyle in West Yorkshire and frequently visits local hospitals, perhaps exposing him to more illnesses than would otherwise be the case.

That said, he is a total nutcase and for that reason will probably die in 2007, through cycling in a guided buslane, falling into an open manhole or trying to ingest a circular saw, etc.

Guest Shunter

This very day I had the pleasure of running into Sir Jimmy on the Sutton Bank near Thirsk, North Yorkshire. He was setting a brisk pace and looked in fine fettle for a 79 year old. We had a short chat and he appeared in good health. He paused for a rest and lit up a cigar. Good luck to Jim and Food Health.

Just followed Deathwatch's link to Did They Die where I was surprised to find Telly Savalas amongst the most hated 'dead.' I mean, Myra Hindley, fair enough, but what did Kojak ever do to deserve such venom?

Time to drag him back guys 'n' gals, he'll be hobbling onto Celebrity Big Brother in the next few days, allowing us to study form closely and decide on his chances for a 2007 listing. How's about that then?

Savile is difficult because he smokes cigars but keeps to an obsessive fitness regime. I suppose if he doesn't inhale much and there is as yet no sign of lung cancer something else will kill him and that might be a way off yet. But he's certainly quiet and that's not his nature. Again another Yorkshireman.

But the county of Yorkshire does not merit a thread, not with Savile, Brian Close, Arthur Scargill, Mollie Sugden, Peter O'Toole, Dickie Bird, Roy Hattersley, Alan Bennett, Betty Boothroyd, Baroness Lockwood, Geoff Boycott, Denis Healey, Ray Illingworth, David Hockney, Sir Bernard Ingham, Sir Geoffrey Hounsfield, Don Mosey, Fred Trueman, Keith Waterhouse, Jake Thackray, Ray Wilson, Anita Lonsborough, Dorothy Hyman, Josco.

A deathlist without anyone from Yorkshire?

Savile is difficult because he smokes cigars but keeps to an obsessive fitness regime. I suppose if he doesn't inhale much and there is as yet no sign of lung cancer something else will kill him and that might be a way off yet. But he's certainly quiet and that's not his nature. Again another Yorkshireman.

But the county of Yorkshire does not merit a thread, not with Savile, Brian Close, Arthur Scargill, Mollie Sugden, Peter O'Toole, Dickie Bird, Roy Hattersley, Alan Bennett, Betty Boothroyd, Baroness Lockwood, Geoff Boycott, Denis Healey, Ray Illingworth, David Hockney, Sir Bernard Ingham, Sir Geoffrey Hounsfield, Don Mosey, Fred Trueman, Keith Waterhouse, Jake Thackray, Ray Wilson, Anita Lonsborough, Dorothy Hyman, Josco.

A deathlist without anyone from Yorkshire?

I'm sensing a smidgen of sarcasm,

with just a dash of bitterness.

Is this guy related to the Chipmunks Saville?

Bitter? Me?

Time to drag him back guys 'n' gals, he'll be hobbling onto Celebrity Big Brother in the next few days, allowing us to study form closely and decide on his chances for a 2007 listing. How's about that then?

He's only gonna be in it for a day :Dhows about that then :blink:

Guest tony montana

now then now then guys and gals guys and gals S H O W A D D Y W A D D Y . sir jim is in big brother now so i dont really think he is dead do you ????? unless he rose from the dead JIMMY SAVILLE FOREVER :(:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

now then now then guys and gals guys and gals S H O W A D D Y W A D D Y . sir jim is in big brother now so i dont really think he is dead do you ????? unless he rose from the dead JIMMY SAVILLE FOREVER :):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That house will be the end of him. :(

He looked pretty sprightly to me last night at the end of eviction night (there was nothing else on okay!).

Mind you, if he goes swimming with Barrymore it could be another story altogether.

Guest James Savy

Jimmy is far from dead.. He Appeared on Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother on January 14, 2006.. He is 80 years old now and still runs marathons and shags the dead.. :(

Guest iain

im watching him in the celeb BB house right now..hes got all his wits about him

And quite a few half wits.