Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

For some strange reason, Media blackout is currently trending on Twitter-Please let this be another wind up-even 2016 wouldn't be that cruel to us.

The one thing I had noted though: the Royal Mint usually release their coin designs in early November. So far they have not been released yet. :o

Which ones do you mean, Windsor?

General circulation and commemoratives.

As far as I'm aware they are still stamping her head on them, so that's not an issue. But 2017 will see the 65th anniversary of accession and her and the Duke's 70th anniversary which you would expect to feature in the £5 coins...unless you think they may not live to see it (anniversary is in November).

In real news, Reuters chats about the succession: http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-lloyd-queen-commentary-idUKKBN14I19H

It'll go to Charles. If the royals go down the 'pick and choose' route then they're signing their own metaphorical death warrant.

That's the law. It's not an item for ducyssion.

Just as the wife of a King is a Queen...not a Princess Consort.

• Like 2

The Royal Family have been the subject of fake news by trashy American magazines for years.

Whatchu talmbout Windsor?

Least American magazines don't love to talk about random mothers-of-three with terminal cancer.

Awful Women

It's you again...

Awful Women

It's you again...

And your point is? I've met people like you before, Jim Morrison, Han Solo, you all the same, trying to put down the black man. Han Solo tried to pin all his issues on lando, in a clear case or black hatred. You are the same.

• Like 1

If the Queen dies before the D of E, will the the D of E be known as The King Father?

No. Because he has never been a King.

If the Queen dies before the D of E, will the the D of E be known as The King Father?

What a a stupid question.

Indeed.

Why do you think he would no longer be known as Prince Philip or the Duke of Edinburgh?

• Like 1

The one thing I had noted though: the Royal Mint usually release their coin designs in early November. So far they have not been released yet. :o

As far as I'm aware they are still stamping her head on them, so that's not an issue. But 2017 will see the 65th anniversary of accession and her and the Duke's 70th anniversary which you would expect to feature in the £5 coins...unless you think they may not live to see it (anniversary is in November).

I would have thought they would carry on as normal with designs. They don't actually go into circulation until quite a bit later, do they?

I don't think I've had any 2016 coins yet, except for a Peter Rabbit 50p which i bought on ebay as I wanted it as a present for somebody's new baby.

Oh, and I've got one of the new £2 coins with Britannia on.

I would have thought they would carry on as normal with designs. They don't actually go into circulation until quite a bit later, do they?

I don't think I've had any 2016 coins yet, except for a Peter Rabbit 50p which i bought on ebay as iIwanted it as a present for somebody's new baby.

Oh, and I've got one of the new £2 coins with Britannia on.

I agree. But they are normally revealed in November and struck ready for the coming year.

Edward VIII coins were struck and dated 1937 and had to be withdrawn after he abdicated in December 1936.

No. The only reason the Queen Mother was known as the Queen mother was because she'd been Queen and it's the easiest way to retain the title. She was the Queen Mother, not the Queen's Mother, important distinction.

Prince Philip will surely remain Prince Philip.

When you see all this hysteria caused by a cold, you wonder how people will actually react if she were to fall seriously ill or even die!

At least people have had a practice now!

Indeed.

Why do you think he would no longer be known as Prince Philip or the Duke of Edinburgh?

We could call him the King Father and try and start a popular movement - Paul Weller is The Modfather after all

Indeed.

We could call him the King Father and try and start a popular movement - Paul Weller is The Modfather after all

...and Captain Birdseye was the Codfather

• Like 2

Indeed.

...and Captain Birdseye was the Codfather

Could Ian McKellen be the Sodfather?

You know it's silly season when Buckingham Palace is releasing statements to reassure people that the Queen and Prince Philip are still alive.

• Like 1

Prince William would become the Prince of Wales once his father took the crown

Only if and when Charles decides to give him that title. It isn't automatic. Charles himself wasn't made Prince of Wales until several years after the Queen's accession.

Love these tabloid hacks setting themselves up as experts. Pisspoor research, well probably no research, just assumptions.

Only if and when Charles decides to give him that title. It isn't automatic. Charles himself wasn't made Prince of Wales until several years after the Queen's accession.

Love these tabloid hacks setting themselves up as experts. Pisspoor research, well probably no research, just assumptions.

Maybe its no coincidence that William and Kate are moving back to London.

I thought they had a flat in KP anyway. Meh, I dunno, I haven't been following their doings.

I thought they had a flat in KP anyway. Meh, I dunno, I haven't been following their doings.

Maybe it was on the local news up here, rumours that they are going to live back in London full time so that George can go to school there as, obviously, the Infants schools up here are all shite.....

He will also have to give up his gig with the East Anglia Air ambulance ( based at the QE2 Hospital up't road from me) so.......