Guest Will Paladin

Emlyn Hughes - Ranters Thread

Guest chav
I hope one of YOU dies soon, I'll predict that, hopefully one of you little f****rs will be kind enough to top yourselves, I have a spare knife if you want it.

Why thanks! Do you people bother to read the posts? I think you just see a skull with a top hat at a jaunty angle in the top corner, and go nuts.

PEOPLE DIE EVERY DAY

Never again should anyone make a joke about death, because within the last 10 seconds about 100-odd people in the world died. Anyone who does (eg Billy Connolly) is a f**king f**ker wan*ker who should Fu*cking die soon (and masturbate, too)

This seems pointless, no doubt you regulars have been down this road a million times before.

Guest Open minded
Why thanks! Do you people bother to read the posts?

Methinks not. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go away, cower under a table with eyes and ears covered and swear at anyone who reminds me that I'm not immortal.

All of the passing ranters seem to have a Mary Whitehouse approach to things - they don't seem to feel the need to actually study the content of things, they just know that it's offensive, we're all sick and it's all offensive and unpleasant.

I would also like to congratulate Mr/Ms Open Minded for their eloquence, but I suppose the name should have given it away - sadly, it's us against quite a few with a mind resembling a cul-de-sac. Oh well, fight the noble fight etc etc

Guest Richie

Sites like this are sickening, a great man has died today and you will be patting yourselves on the back for what a good prediction you made.

Rest in peace Emlyn, you are an inspiration to all.

Sites like this are sickening, a great man has died today and you will be patting yourselves on the back for what a good prediction you made.

Rest in peace Emlyn, you are an inspiration to all.

To echo The Four Horsemen - most of the posts today, when not composed of puerile rants, full of obscenities, express the sadness that Emlyn has passed away. What they do not do, however, is lapse into the 'media based grief frenzy' that open-minded referred to.

Perhaps what we need is for those people who visit to pass on their 'Rest in Peace' messages to rip their clothes, cover their faces in ash, and have hysterical breakdowns for the next week. That may help balance the messages from those who come in, have a quick look, and ignore those posts which may invalidate their rants.

As to Emlyn being an inspiration - lets not blow things out of all proportion. He was a footballer and quiz show captain. Yes, he played well, yes he was funny, but nowhere on his CV do I see his struggle for freedom against tyranny, as you may see on Nelson Mandela's or Martin Luther King jnr's; nowhere do I see his fight for justice in Ethiopia, as I do on Bob Geldof's; nowhere do I see his selfless dedication to others, as I see on Mother Teresa's; and nowhere do I see his fight for his country that I see on Gandhi's. Those people can lay claim to being inspirational!

As for patting ourselves on the back - Emlyn was not a nominee on this years list, so we are more likely to be hitting our heads at our failure to include him :ghost3:

Guest LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

f**k YOU ALL YOU SICK LONELY c**ts. I HOPE YOU ALL GET INFECTED WITH AIDS AND LEPROSY COMBINED WITH THE MOST SERIOUS FORM OF CANCER WHILST GIVING ME THE PLEASURE OF SAWING OFF YOUR F*****g HEADS IN ORDER TO INFLICT EVEN MORE PAIN IF I EVER CAME ACROSS ANY OF YOU.

HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN YOUR F*****g SLEEP

RIP EMLYN, 'YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE

Guest DaveLFC

I'm a Liverpool fan that grew up knowing Emlyn as our captain and have fond memories of him as a player for Liverpool. As such I do find your comments on him 'being a good bet to die' in poor taste. His death has truly saddened me today.

One day we'll start a list about you, oh but then who would care. Maybe one of your parents or sister has a terminal disease we might have a bet on for a laugh? Tell us and we can arrange to add them to a list.

Guest short termism

Well someone got it right :rip:

Guest GOD-9

Emlyn Hughes OBE, Liverpool Captain

Emlyn Hughes OBE, England Captain

Emlyn Hughes OBE, League Championship Winner 1973, 1976, 1977, 1979

Emlyn Hughes OBE, FA Cup Winner 1974

Emlyn Hughes OBE, European Cup Winner 1977, 1978

Emlyn Hughes OBE, Uefa Cup Winner 1973, 1976

Emlyn Hughes OBE, Footballer Of The Year 1977

Emlyn Hughes OBE, 652 appearences for Liverpool football Club

Emlyn Hughes OBE, 62 England Caps

These are the achievements in a guys lifetime, a guy who you sit here and predict his death and make a mockery of it.

Have a look at those achievements, does it not scare you that the only achievements you sick people will be making in your lives will be to sit here and make a mockery of a persons death ?

Your time will come, i hope it is slow and painfull, and i hope you burn in hell.

Emyln Hughes- YNWA

Well said Dave. Don't take the site to heart. Death is merely a phase of life and if you are from Liverpool you'll know that most funerals are good for a laugh. Coming home today I think I cried more than when my old feller past away 2 months ago.

..... he was a footballer and quiz show host from a different age. Let's face it could you see David Beckham bothering his Adidas sponsored derrier to appear on some quaint little BBC Manchester quiz show when he could be endorsing Mobile phones, shavers, sunglasses etc, etc. Emlyn and most from his era (sorry Besty) was never found a) unconcious at a niteclub 2 days before a game, B) accused of gang bang rape, c) sniffing coke.

So football players of that age weren't held in the general low esteem (by supporters) that they are today.

Yasser Arafat was looking a trifle peeky the other day - I'm no expert but .......

Guest You're dicks!

You are a butch of F*****g twats!

Guest DaveLFC

I am genuinely sickened by your game, although i happened upon it today when looking to check a fact about Emlyn when writing a small piece as a tribute.

The fact that terminal cancer of the brain in this man should make him a 'good bet' is just sick! It is in poor taste and really the thread should be deleted without delay.

The problem with your game is that people on it will die, most old people that are in the public eye and have had what most would consider a good innings. Still sick at least their death would not come as much of a shock.

Emlyn was 57, respected by many for his achievements in many fields but by me as a boyhood hero. A club and country captain I feel today although I've lost someone I cared about or at least had a major impact on me as I grew up. I will be at Anfield doing what I doubt many of you are capable of and that is giving him my respect in a minutes silence.

Play your game but accept that it is in very poor taste and that the thread that will (and has) upset many like me should be deleted. You should also understand that these are real people with real familes (like you) and that would you add to the list one of your family members that suddenly and at quite a young age was diagnosed with cancer?

Stick to murderers, rapists and the like, at least very few people if any mourn them.

The deaths of John Peel, Fred Dibnah and, now, Emlyn Hughes have driven a lot of new traffic to the forum and I think one fact that has been overlooked is that there have been some decent tributes posted for each of the above deceased.

To those that feel the site is sick etc. etc., might I suggest that their postings are, in some cases, detracting from positive things that people have said about the recently departed celebrities.

For John Peel - unanimous praise for the man, Fred Dibnah - some very complimentary posts - and Emlyn Hughes - again the vast majority of people saying he was a decent bloke.

I actually feel that if bereaved friends/families were to read this forum, although there's a chance they could be upset by it, I believe they certainly would also take something positive from some of the postings that people have made. I am convinced that they take nothing positive from reading some of the torrents of abuse that we have in the last few days.

Guest heavens78

well said reap...... the ranters today have angered me. for the majority there have been many great posts and tributes to a great man.. and to all the ranters.... if you dont like the site then dont post in it you truely are spoiling all the decent tributes!!!!!!

Here here.

I can't see Yasser Arafat's missus posting on the forum but you never know.

I also can't see many post telling of what a thoroughly decent bloke he was or of his amusing mistake in mixing up the sex of the Princess Royal.

Guest Logic

Every Soul Shall Taste of Death.

So why so many get upset about people talking about a certain celebrity 'tasting' death is pure nonesense. People on here posting about death are talking about reality.

So those who are offended, why not pi55 off to a pinky, luvvy, duvvy, and how's your mother site where you can pamper each other to orgasm.

the fact that so many of these do gooders have visited this site .... read ALL the messages and then respond says more about their sincerity (or the lack of it). If you are genuinely disgusted, you would've have read the first few messages and left.

Read the URL :

http://www.deathlist.net

get it, its about death....and who will next be on the list... what else did you morons expect ?

It should be noted by the drive-by ranters that a lot of the threads started were actually started by other drive-by posters, not the owners/moderators of this list, and in fact usually just state that so-and-so is getting rather old or has some nasty illness or accident.

In addition, the vast number of people saying 'good riddance', 'they deserve to die', or the like, are also drive-by posters.

It is the nature of this open board (we actually can set it to 'members only' if we so choose) that anyone can post, and, as we have seen lately, anyone does.

So your stones are actually being thrown at the wrong people - most of them are Googlers like you, flying by never to return, but who feel some desperate urge to post a (usually) unintelligent, if not unintelligable, comment. 'W**ker', and 'f**k you', seem to be the commonest eloquences used.

As for telling others to censor things just because you don't like it, tough titties !

:rip:

Guest Manyoo fan

Funny really, when i first logged on to this site i was outraged by the comments being made. I then read through the pages and was wholeheartedly agreeing with peoples rants, and wondering how i could reply with equal raging rants. However as i continued to read i began to see that this is not a vindictive site a all, just a forum for others opinions. I have to say that as i read on i became very amused by some of the rants, and also impressed by some of the tributes. I'm sure the great man would laugh at the site if he read it.. RIP Emlyn, the world has lost a great man, but i for one have learnt a lot about other people through these pages, which are one way or another devoted to you.

So one of your footballing heroes dies at a sadly early age, and you naturally feel the need to pay a fitting tribute to him. Do you:

( a ) Go to Anfield and observe a minute's silence?

( b ) Place flowers on his grave?

( c ) Come onto an Internet forum, swearing uncontrollably like a Tourette's sufferer and making pointless threats against people you'll never meet?

RIP Emlyn - a man of far more intelligence, humour and dignity than most of his fans, it would seem.

I think it is is a sad day, when a sad day is marred by so much sadness on a day, when, sadness in the saddest thing to be sad about.

Emlyn Hughes, Poetry Man salutes you. Not because I like soccer, I don't, silly game kicking a ball from one end of a pitch to the other end with an occasional goal to break the monotony. No you was good and kind in almost all things, especially letting Billy Beaumont win at a Question of Sport and for that I salute you and hope you have passed on to even better things.

Just a short word as a new list member to say how honoured I feel to belong to such a fine and respected community. This is how I imagine it must feel to be in the US government. :rip:

Does the ranting here just prove that fans of Liverpool FC are particularly self-pittying when dealing with death or misfortune??

Has anyone else made this point recently?