Dead Ringos

Dead Pool Ethics

Is it ethically okay to celebrate a picks death because you feel the world would have been a better place without them?

Is it ethically okay to celebrate a picks death because you feel the world would have been a better place without them?

4984639973_abba023c1c_z.jpg

• Like 2

It worked for Joe Stalin and Hitler!

If the rules allowed would anyone pick Jahi McMath or do you like me think it would be past the morally okay line?

http://www.telegraph...California.html

Dunno, despite being one of the worst for taking ethical picks up to the line, I'd struggle with kids. And, oddly, it does strike me as really bad taste in dead pooling when - like cash for cadavers - there is money/betting involved. As per usual this isn't simple because rules would admit an adult case with severe learning difficulties who may actually be as infantile as any child we would avoid picking.

If the rules allowed would anyone pick Jahi McMath or do you like me think it would be past the morally okay line?

http://www.telegraph...California.html

Dunno, despite being one of the worst for taking ethical picks up to the line, I'd struggle with kids. And, oddly, it does strike me as really bad taste in dead pooling when - like cash for cadavers - there is money/betting involved. As per usual this isn't simple because rules would admit an adult case with severe learning difficulties who may actually be as infantile as any child we would avoid picking.

Allow me to throw in a different perspective. If I knew of a child that is close to death and a celeb for reasons other than being close to death, e.g. a child actor, I'd have few qualms about using it as a deadpool candidate. Of course this happens about as often as I win the state lottery.

The unfortunate Jahi would not qualify, not because she's a child, but because I don't select "famous-for-being-famous" or "famous-for-dying" candidates.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

I like my picks to be famous for something other than illness and death but I must admit ethically I am a little bit of a hypocrite on the rules front because I set the limit as 16 during the year (b.1998) because I wanted to prevent certain players from picking Prince George but still allowing Paris Jackson as a potential pick.

Guest Michael

My neighbor is a former 1st Lady of Phillipines of ill health who is secret in wheelchair. I think i will not tell anyone so I have secret for my deathpool 2015

My neighbor is a former 1st Lady of Phillipines of ill health who is secret in wheelchair. I think i will not tell anyone so I have secret for my deathpool 2015

Zsa Zsa Gabor is in a wheelchair and she's been denying us dead pool points for years.

• Like 1

Does she have a particular liking for footwear?

Feel like enough time has passed for me to admit that I was very close to picking my uncle on this year's DDP (he'd get a local BBC radio mention no problem) but backed out at the last minute because that would probably have been too much even for me.

• Like 1

Feel like enough time has passed for me to admit that I was very close to picking my uncle on this year's DDP (he'd get a local BBC radio mention no problem) but backed out at the last minute because that would probably have been too much even for me.

Did you ask him whether he had any objection?

Also could you name him so those of us not related can pick him free of moral issues?

Also could you name him so those of us not related can pick him free of moral issues?

Yeah, good points above. There are those - like Keith Richards - who appear happy to be picked hereabouts.

I haven't seen the guy in about three years in fairness, would seem a bit weird to phone him up and go "yeah, sorry about not sending you a Christmas card... anyone, so about that big fuck-off tumour in your stomach, reckon you'll make 2016?"

Yeah, good points above. There are those - like Keith Richards - who appear happy to be picked hereabouts.

EH? I must have missed him say that?

On topic - does anyone have certain people to whom they have absolutely no familial connection, no work or friendship etc connection and is not a famous for being ill type who they won't pick out of admiration and or it just feels wrong?

Stephen Fry. Because I outright admire the man and his honesty. Even though he isn't ill per-se, his bi-polar has driven him close before now. So no, no relation, but wouldn't pick him even if he did become ill.

I can never keep track of the threads around here, but if there isn't one for this Deathray, it's a good candidate for its own place imo. Some conversation to be had there methinks.

• Like 2

In answer to Deathray: Matthew Waterhouse; Nik Kershaw; Rupert Grint; Jimmy Somerville; Lee Evans; Ringo Starr to name a few and various reasons :blush:

On topic - does anyone have certain people to whom they have absolutely no familial connection, no work or friendship etc connection and is not a famous for being ill type who they won't pick out of admiration and or it just feels wrong?

That's a really good question, and I struggled with this when I picked young MotoGP rider Marc Marquez two seasons ago - he is an awesome talent, and I love watching him, but ultimately I did pick him on the off-chance that in his rookie year he would be a bit cocky, try and play with the big boys and come a cropper - something I would have been absolutely devastated by if it had happened - but if it HAD happened, loads of points cos unique pick and all that - I guess the prospect of points outweighed my milk of human kindness, so I'm going to hell. As it was the grinning little Andy Sugden lookalike trounced the opposition and took the Championship with hardly a mark on him, and did it again last year too. So this year I've moved my death-allegiance to William Dunlop - his family has much better form in the killing-myself-on-a-motorbike-in-the-name-of-sport stakes.

Keith Richards relationship to us is currently eluding me when I Google it, though perhaps someone hereabouts can remind me where it happened that he was reported in the tabloids - The Sun I think - as being miffed because Deathlist dropped him from their top 50 since he was no longer rock-n-roll enough to be a serious death risk.

Currently, Norman Winton.

FAO Maryport, Mr Richards and the Deathlist. He was apparently on some other Deathlist in the 70s and is mixing them up due to all the drugs. Or something.

Currently, Norman Winton.

FAO Maryport, Mr Richards and the Deathlist. He was apparently on some other Deathlist in the 70s and is mixing them up due to all the drugs. Or something.

Bald Rick posted a link to The Sun article way back in 2006 but it no longer works.

Here's his post.

Bald Rick posted a link to The Sun article way back in 2006 but it no longer works.

Here's his post.

It does again now.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Last year I told my entire league in advance anyone jinxing and picking Lauren Bacall I would personally come kick their ass. Not that I I still fear, but In fact no one did, yet my efforts were mocked by The Reaper and laughed at.

SC

(Lauren, it wasn't my fault---I did all I could)