Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

Myself and LG are booking the bus now TF

I have a classy set of wheels, if anyone wants a lift.

chavmobile2zm.th.png

• Like 1

chavmobile2zm.th.png

Can you pick me up? We can cruise around in the night. :o

chavmobile2zm.th.png

Chavtastic set of wheels you have there Bou.

What's in your fridge?
Ok, here goes:

3 eggs

0.25 pack of salted butter

1 pack of creamed coconut

1 piece of ginger

0.5 pack of trassi (fermented prawn paste)

1 jar of gherkins

2 jars of mustard

1 jar of pesto

1 jar of sambal (ground chilli pepper)

1 bottle of sweet chilli sauce

1 bottle of oister sauce

1 kg of apples (Granny Smith)

3 garlic

0.5 kg of carrots

2 kg of unions

1.5 kg of taters

1.5 kg of oranges

2 red peppers

3 mangos

2 blocks of dark chocolate

cheese: Mozarella, Emmenthal, Parmezan, old Gouda

1 pack of ham

2 bottles of white wine, Soave

1 bottle of still mineral water

1 0.75 l bottle of Chimay

4 0.33 l bottles of Witkap Stimulo

2 0.33 l bottles of Duvel Green

3 0.33 l bottles of Orval

2 0.33 l bottles of Barbar

1 0.75 l bottle of La Trappe Quadrupel

Most of it is fresh, with the exception of the carrots, that have been there a bit longer than I like to know.

regards,

Hein

What's in your fridge?

8 bottles of wine

3/4 bottle of vodka

1/2 bottle Peach Schnapps

6 mini cans of tonic water

Bottle of lemon juice

1 apple

Feta

Cheddar

Stilton

Parma Ham

Out of date tub of pasta sauce

Out of date cucumber

Marmalade

Brandy butter

Bertolli

What's in your fridge?

chicken breasts, pate if you like pate the aforementioned link should be right up your street, gouda and emmental cheese, sweetcure bacon, 3 chicken breasts, 1 haggis (in a sheeps stomach), salami, both peppered and plain, one small bit of root ginger, 1 lemon, semi skimmed milk (I'm allergic to cream) , soda water, diet Irn Bru, and of course the freezer has my favourite, "Ice Cream" Strawberry, Chocolate, Walnut, Vanilla, Caramel.................the list goes on I am a sucker for ice cream

What's in your fridge?

[...]

1 haggis (in a sheeps stomach)

[...]

I didn't know people actually eat those poor animals.

BTW: a strangely interesting topic, this. A whiff of show me your fridge and I tell you who you are.

regards,

Hein

What's in your fridge?

Rather depressingly, I don't own a fridge.

When I first moved to England and got my own flat (rented, of course), I bought a fridge. I was VERY proud of my fridge as I strongly felt that the purchase of such a large 'white' appliance represented "living somewhere", "being home", "being settled", whatever. And I lived there for three years - quite "settled" for me. Of course, then I moved and had to sell the fridge (and most of my other stuff as well). Now, back in the life of a nomad, grown-upism (aka the owning of things such as refridgerators and the like) continues to elude me.

I could tell you what's in my mum's fridge, but it's not really all that interesting. I shall live vicariously through your fridges... :D

BTW: a strangely interesting topic, this. A whiff of show me your fridge and I tell you who you are.

Oh dear. I wonder what that says about me. :o

Oh dear. I wonder what that says about me. :o

Hmm, maybe that's where the idea breaks down.

I don't have a fridge, therefore I am not?

regards,

Hein

What's in your fridge?
Ok, here goes:

3 eggs

0.25 pack of salted butter

1 pack of creamed coconut

1 piece of ginger

0.5 pack of trassi (fermented prawn paste)

1 jar of gherkins

2 jars of mustard

1 jar of pesto

1 jar of sambal (ground chilli pepper)

1 bottle of sweet chilli sauce

1 bottle of oister sauce

1 kg of apples (Granny Smith)

3 garlic

0.5 kg of carrots

2 kg of unions

1.5 kg of taters

1.5 kg of oranges

2 red peppers

3 mangos

2 blocks of dark chocolate

cheese: Mozarella, Emmenthal, Parmezan, old Gouda

1 pack of ham

2 bottles of white wine, Soave

1 bottle of still mineral water

1 0.75 l bottle of Chimay

4 0.33 l bottles of Witkap Stimulo

2 0.33 l bottles of Duvel Green

3 0.33 l bottles of Orval

2 0.33 l bottles of Barbar

1 0.75 l bottle of La Trappe Quadrupel

Most of it is fresh, with the exception of the carrots, that have been there a bit longer than I like to know.

regards,

Hein

Sorry, words failed me. MH that's not a fridge, It's a house!

What's in your fridge?

I have TWO fridges ... one of them in the garage. They contain wine, cheese, salad, flavoured mineral water, lemonade, pickles, mayo, various veggies & salad, tofu, matteson sausage, butter, olive spread, salad dressing, tomato puree, lard, yoghurt & eggs. Anyone fancy coming round to my house for a meal? :o

PS Bou, I think your are being very sensible about what your daughter eats!

What's in your fridge?

I have TWO fridges ... one of them in the garage. They contain wine, cheese, salad, flavoured mineral water, lemonade, pickles, mayo, various veggies & salad, tofu, matteson sausage, butter, olive spread, salad dressing, tomato puree, lard, yoghurt & eggs. Anyone fancy coming round to my house for a meal? :o

PS Bou, I think your are being very sensible about what your daughter eats!

Yeah LD, we run a two-fridge strategy too. We put all the good stuff in the garage fridge because the Godettes are too bone idle to make the journey. Then there's the freezers. I'm dead against feezers. Mrs Godot seems more interested in buying stuff for the freezer than for any of us. That's because she runs a two-fridge, two-freezer strategy where the "best of all" stuff goes in the garage freezer. Since we are all too idle or in too much of a hurry to thaw stuff from the far freezer that stuff NEVER gets eaten. So the very best stuff we get sits in a freezer for about five years then gets chucked out when it's no longer fit to eat. In Eternum, stick to your no fridge lifestyle, it really is the best.

Ok, here goes:

[snip]

Sorry, words failed me. MH that's not a fridge, It's a house!

It's a large fridge and rather cramped. At least that's what the eskimo that lives in it tells me.

regards,

Hein

Does anyone know of a website where you can tap in the contents of your fridge, click and it comes up with a recipe?

I ask this because I am expected to make a meal sometime over the next few hours and all I have to work with is a cabbage, a sprig of broccoli, an onion & some tomatoes as someone forget to get anything out of the freezer last night...me apparently, so my othewr half has proportioned the blame.

So come on fellow DListers, help and save me from having to get the car out and dash to Tescos.

Does anyone know of a website where you can tap in the contents of your fridge, click and it comes up with a recipe?

I ask this because I am expected to make a meal sometime over the next few hours and all I have to work with is a cabbage, a sprig of broccoli, an onion & some tomatoes as someone forget to get anything out of the freezer last night...me apparently, so my othewr half has proportioned the blame.

So come on fellow DListers, help and save me from having to get the car out and dash to Tescos.

Sounds like a stir-fry to me. Some chicken or pork would help, obviously. Do you have soy sauce, garlic, ginger, spices etc at home?

Yes, I do and that sounds like a good enough option for me, failing all else.

Many thanks, Bald Rick.

I must give her some money to go shopping tomorrow.

Try Here

Hein

What exactly do you do with fermented prawn paste??? And more importantly does it get you drunk?

Try Here

Thanks, Devon, lifesaver.

See you all tomorrow, I'm off to make cabbage with cheese sauce!

Bet the kids are going to love me...

What exactly do you do with fermented prawn paste??? And more importantly does it get you drunk?

Trassi. It smells worse than Marmite, but is a fundamental ingredient in several Indonesian dishes.

And no, it doesn't get you drunk.

regards,

Hein

My fridge contains the following: -

3 cans of lager

1 large tub of some sort of pun-based butter-like spread i.e. 'You'd butter believe it', 'Sh*t, it's not butter!', 'Not Butter? F**k Off!' or something...

Bread, mostly not mouldy

Mayonnaise

Large slab of cheddar

6 pints of semi-skimmed milk

1 spanish onion

Traffic light set of peppers

8 sausages

6 slices of fat with bacon bits attached

Lots of space

Sweet based snacks only make guest appearances due to smoking habit making it impossible to leave them for more than 2 hours after shopping trip....

Freezer & cupboard equally well equipped with, erm, tins of things in tomato sauce, soup, tuna, smooth peanut butter, twisty pasta (Fusilli I think), fish fingers and microwave meals.

You'd think I don't have a love of a variety of food, but I will in fact eat almost anything. I just hate taking more than 10 mins preparing it, for me all of the joy is in the eating. On the rare occasion I get press-ganged into cooking I'm not too bad at it as far as I can recall.

I guess the most apt words to describe me & my list are 'Basic', 'Lazy' and in particular 'Single'.

Without a can opener, microwave and grill I starve. :o

We get our fruit and vegetables from our local farm shop.

Each week, I am compelled to buy a lemon. I wonder what that says about me...
  • Like 1

Speaking of lemons, my list wasn't complete. While cooking today I found a well-moulded lemon in the bottom drawer of my fridge.

regards,
Hein

We get our fruit and vegetables from our local farm shop.

This is weird. I too feel compelled to buy a lemon every week. Often I buy several and sometimes a lime too, then watch them shrivel up. I also always always come home with a box from the supermarket. This drives Mrs Godot mad. I think this is a mild case of compulsive obsessive disorder since I feel extremely uncomfortable leaving the supermarket without a box. I just like boxes. They are so useful.

Curry tip: half a lemon squeezed in the curry adds a bit of zing, so does a teaspoonful of Marmite.