Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

Guest Guest

Here we go again.It was supposed to be a 'routine check up' last december and see how that ended up

Here we go again.It was supposed to be a 'routine check up' last december and see how that ended up

Yeah...3 months on and he's still alive!

• Like 1

Nelson still hanging on

Guest Guest
Guest Guest

I suspect he'll last another 2 years or so .Then his memory loss will be 100 %

News coming in that Nelson is back in hospital.

From the BBC news ticker headline.

"Former South African President Nelson Mandela has been admitted to hospital with a recurrence of a lung infection"

Guest Guest

South African president is asking the nation to pray for him. Things are not looking good :(

He has pneumonia, and had a pleural effusion, however the fluid was drained. He's still breathing "without difficulty" and recuperating, but is spending another night in hospital. It was interesting to read in the article that during the last hospitalisation, the government downplayed the seriousness of Madiba's illness until he was discharged. Clearly, we can't trust them.

Guest Guest

I think we wil have to get used to these increasingly frequent hospitalisations over the next year or 2 as he gets weaker and weaker and eventually dies in about 2 years time is my guess

I think we wil have to get used to these increasingly frequent hospitalisations over the next year or 2 as he gets weaker and weaker and eventually dies in about 2 years time is my guess

Unless you have some form of medical qualification your opinion is worthless

Oh, I dunno.

What medical qualification does one need to venture an opinion that a 94 year old who has been hospitalised,IIRC, three times since December, is on their way out?

Its not like its a case for fuggin Quincy, is it!!

Anyway, I reckon its all a Castro type smoke and mirrors thingy, he hasnt been seen in public since the World Cup in South Africa so its pretty obvious that he is already well and truly deaded and they are just preparing the people or summat.

Oh, I dunno.

What medical qualification does one need to venture an opinion that a 94 year old who has been hospitalised,IIRC, three times since December, is on their way out?

Anyway, I reckon its all a Castro type smoke and mirrors thingy, he hasnt been seen in public since the World Cup in South Africa so its pretty obvious that he is already well and truly deaded and they are just preparing the people or summat.

It was more his prediction of 2 years that vexed me, how the fuck would he know??

Guest Guest

Statement re condition of Nelson Mandela to be made 'imminently'. Needless to say the worlds journalists are gathered...

Statement re condition of Nelson Mandela to be made 'imminently'. Needless to say the worlds journalists are gathered...

Meanwhile .................. Elsewhere, Oxford win the boat race. Will you now please fuck off and come back when you have something worthwhile to say?

• Like 3

Meanwhile .................. Elsewhere, Oxford win the boat race. Will you now please fuck off and come back when you have something worthwhile to say?

But..........then he might never come back!

Hang on.....you sly old dog you :)

• Like 2

Oh, I dunno.

It was more his prediction of 2 years that vexed me, how the fuck would he know??

Thats fair enough, mind you they did say over the next year or two.

Id be amazed if its over the next one or two weeks, to be fair.

Given his health over the years and his ability to surmount huge obstacles in life both in health and elsewhere, Mr.Mandela might just surprise us all and stick around several more years. I don't rule him out as making it towards the double 20 either, stranger things have been known to happen.

Given his health over the years and his ability to surmount huge obstacles in life both in health and elsewhere, Mr.Mandela might just surprise us all and stick around several more years. I don't rule him out as making it towards the double 20 either, stranger things have been known to happen.

This just in: BBC News - Nelson Mandela health condition improves - SA presidency

"Nelson Mandela health condition improves

Doctors treating former President Nelson Mandela for pneumonia report "a further improvement in his condition", South Africa's presidency has said.

Its statement on Sunday evening, it said he "had a restful day" in hospital and continued to receive treatment.

Mr Mandela, 94, has spent four days in hospital and there are no details yet on much longer he will stay there.

Churches across the country have held prayers for Mr Mandela, who led the struggle against apartheid.

In the statement, released shortly before the former leader was due to spend a fifth night in hospital, President Jacob Zuma thanked "the thousands of South Africans who prayed for Madiba at various Easter church services".

Madiba is Mandela's clan name and is widely used to refer to him.

At the Regina Mundi church in Soweto - once a focal point of the anti-apartheid struggle - several hundred people gathered to pray for Mr Mandela."

so it would seem he is now on the mend!