Davey Jones' Locker

What Do You Think Of The 2015 Death List?

Ah BG. Will you be bumping this one every 9 days just like you did with last year's one? :lol:

Not complainin or anything (well. that much anyway)

I have only 9 in common with them this year, most of them are near the "top" of their list.

These kinds of threads are pointless as it presupposes that those who created the list give a toss what forum members think. They don't.

AFAIK,apart from one who used to but doesn't anymore, allegedly, the rest of the "committee" rarely participate in the forum.

I remember when you compared the management to "Lord of the Flies" LFN. That comment really opened my eyes.

And then when they didn't check in post X-mas to read my PM of suggestions, that was the moment when they were held open Clockwork-Orange-stylee and had a KGB interrogation solution dropped into them.

You just have to craft your own 50 name list well, making sure no more than 25 names are carried over, stick it in your signature, and then wait to see if your own list is better than theirs.

• Like 1

You just have to craft your own 50 name list well, making sure no more than 25 names are carried over, stick it in your signature, and then wait to see if your own list is better than theirs.

I only have 13 of last year's picks on this year's. And Castro is number 13 on the front page list.

ZOMG IT'S A SIGN

And he was born on the 13th.

THERE'S SO MANY SIGNS IT'S LIKE THE MOVIE SIGNS OR SOMETHING (except not shit)

Wow great. If the fucking slow-arse Froggy Fundamentalist-Loving Frenchie Fumbling Fuzz Fuckers actually manage to finally apprehend those demented gun-toting cunts I might actually cheer up enough to get somewhat "excited" when TMIB posts the first new update on 2015 DDP...

I think it's pedestrian, repleat with lazy reboots, unimaginative, and having no basis in medical certainty. I posted numerous links in the final 10 days of December. Now for instance, two have the Armenian President being flown to France for emergency medical attention. I suspect that creates far more of a possibility than some of the hackneyed names you've re-booted on the 2015 list. As I said to our only player in the DP I run who got ZERO hits last year 0/20, and had the gall to re-boot 12 of those 20 names, "if we play long enough all your people will die".

There is virtually no medical basis beyond longevity for at least 8-10 of these names, maybe way more. I understand you've limited yourselves to the BBC as your sole source (pfffft) of an official obit, and sobeit. I claim ignorance but it would seem quite narrow of them (in comparison to the New York TImes over here, or The Guardian or Reuters globally) to not obit someone as prevalant as say Jerry Tarkanian, who should be on your friggin list. But many of you voice honest concerns about certain Yanks getting an obit. So I temper my remark with my incompetence of your sole obit source.

Still, why the committee felt compelled to use the 'can only keep half of last year's names' as a sword rather than a shield, I do not know. Admit your errors and move on, or like our last place guiy who got zero hits, if you re-boot those names long enough, you'll get a hit, and I presume thump your chest in triumph. Just cuz you CAN use 25 names from last year, WHY DID YOU?

FWIW I got 3 hits out of the 33 names in my two serious teams....BY JANUARY 4TH! THAT, my friends, is knowing your shit. Just putting 90-somethings on your list doesn't impress me much.

Sir Creep

I think it's pedestrian, repleat with lazy reboots, unimaginative, and having no basis in medical certainty. I posted numerous links in the final 10 days of December. Now for instance, two have the Armenian President being flown to France for emergency medical attention. I suspect that creates far more of a possibility than some of the hackneyed names you've re-booted on the 2015 list. As I said to our only player in the DP I run who got ZERO hits last year 0/20, and had the gall to re-boot 12 of those 20 names, "if we play long enough all your people will die".

There is virtually no medical basis beyond longevity for at least 8-10 of these names, maybe way more. I understand you've limited yourselves to the BBC as your sole source (pfffft) of an official obit, and sobeit. I claim ignorance but it would seem quite narrow of them (in comparison to the New York TImes over here, or The Guardian or Reuters globally) to not obit someone as prevalant as say Jerry Tarkanian, who should be on your friggin list. But many of you voice honest concerns about certain Yanks getting an obit. So I temper my remark with my incompetence of your sole obit source.

Still, why the committee felt compelled to use the 'can only keep half of last year's names' as a sword rather than a shield, I do not know. Admit your errors and move on, or like our last place guiy who got zero hits, if you re-boot those names long enough, you'll get a hit, and I presume thump your chest in triumph. Just cuz you CAN use 25 names from last year, WHY DID YOU?

FWIW I got 3 hits out of the 33 names in my two serious teams....BY JANUARY 4TH! THAT, my friends, is knowing your shit. Just putting 90-somethings on your list doesn't impress me much.

Sir Creep

Excuse me Mr Half-Guest Half-Registered-User Weirdo, trashing the committee is my job. And I do it a lot better, and without sounding like someone who takes their fantasy football way too seriously. K bruh?

Sir Creep

Can you show me where it says only BBC obits are acceptable?

Sir Creep

Lighten up - its only a game.

I'm asked what I think and I voiced it. Now I'm to lighten up? Ain't happenin; no apologies. It's a shitty list, sorry if that is butthurt.

Rather than attack me state where I am incorrect and we can discuss. Oh and take your 2014 lists off your signature.

SC.

I'm asked what I think and I voiced it. Now I'm to lighten up? Ain't happenin; no apologies. It's a shitty list, sorry if that is butthurt.

Rather than attack me state where I am incorrect and we can discuss. Oh and take your 2014 lists off your signature.

SC.

Whats the IP address for this "newbie"?

Just wondering, like.

Sir Creep

Lighten up - its only a game.

As soon as I saw your comment this came into my mind and now I can't get the song out my head . Thanks for that :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpuzSPmsNzQ

I think leaving off Caroline Aherne was a mistake , She is very private so no one knows how she is doing but having already had cancer 3 or 4 times can't see her overcoming lung cancer. Only 32% percent of sufferers survive after one year of diagnosis .

SC.

I'll update my sig when I fucking feel like it, fucknut. I was waiting for confirmation of my 2015 DDP entry..... so shuuuut uuuuuuuup.

And also, since when did "being asked for your opinion" mean you get some magical right to not have somebody tell you it's retarded?

No-one wants to hear some "OMG WHY ARENT ALL 50 CHOICES SOME AMERICAN BALL-THROWING EXPERT NOBODY IN BRITTUN HAS EVER HEARD OF" horse shit that make you sound like a caffeine-addled, FPS-addicted, much-less appealing American version of Deathray? (Sorry DR, just kiddin'........ like you were when you called me a moronicos, etc. or something)

However I thought "Cancel My Appointments" was a funny team name and if Spade is telling you to go away then I'm ready to do a complete 180 and give you a second chance. Just try to be slightly less of a cunt....

• Like 1

SC.

I'll update my sig when I fucking feel like it, fucknut. I was waiting for confirmation of my 2015 DDP entry..... so shuuuut uuuuuuuup.

And also, since when did "being asked for your opinion" mean you get some magical right to not have somebody tell you it's retarded?

No-one wants to hear some "OMG WHY ARENT ALL 50 CHOICES SOME AMERICAN BALL-THROWING EXPERT NOBODY IN BRITTUN HAS EVER HEARD OF" horse shit that make you sound like a caffeine-addled, FPS-addicted, much-less appealing American version of Deathray? (Sorry DR, just kiddin'........ like you were when you called me a moronicos, etc. or something)

However I thought "Cancel My Appointments" was a funny team name and if Spade is telling you to go away then I'm ready to do a complete 180 and give you a second chance. Just try to be slightly less of a cunt....

END OF DR ZORDERS' COMMENT.

FOLLOWING IS CAT O'FALK'S COMMENT.

I pointed out where you were incorrect - (here http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=944&page=63#entry217671) - and I'm still awaiting a reply SO WE CAN DISCUSS!

SC.

I preferred to let sleeping dogs lie, as I had my piece and thanks to it not being soft and cushiony, I took heat.

Let's get a couple things outta the way. One, I NEVER said anything about the list needing Yanks on it, nor too many Brits on it (you be the judge if it has, seeing as the reach is global). Two, I probably did come across as a cunt otherwise, Alas.

But I stand strong, bold, steadfast, and with conviction (lol) on my point, which is the list is pedestrian in thought and construction.

Here are names for one reason or another have zero justification imho, other than the person is 90-98 years old: And by justification I mean RECENT MEDICAL evidence or insight.

CLee

Berry

Mugabe

Mubarek

Day

HLee

BBKing

Dole

Schmidt

O'Hara

Cole

Sallis

LSmith

RAdams

Kerkorian

Maynard

Here are names on the list with medical evidence but whom I may not have included, but whatever:

JRoberts (Superstar Billy Graham in worse shape, if you want a rasssler)

Harper (seems recovered to me, though yes we know how these things go -- I may include her if I expanded to 50 names)

Kohl (looks frail, but only links cliaming poor health are terribly old, meaning irrelevant in 2015).

Lastly, who in the hell is Joost Westhuizen? A truly unremarkable fellow, he shouldn't qualify as celebrity imho. But it is what it is, and he is on the list for a reason, though frankly I say a year too soon. But I'll live. Joost should be so lucky.

Many of you have posted EXCELLENT research/links to very qualified candidates that obviously went ignored by the Committee.

I think the list was slapped together by those who are lazily 'playing the odds' that a 95 year old will die. And if that flies for the best list that can be put together, it's a self-indictment.

I"ll take my percentage chances saying none of those I've listed (1/3 of the list) will perish in 2015. The only 'dead' they are is dead weight on what could be a great list. I may be wrong on 2-3, Tha'tll be a better percentage than the hits out of 50 provided by The DeathList.

I hope that is an un-cunty answer.

Sir Creep

SC.

I preferred to let sleeping dogs lie, as I had my piece and thanks to it not being soft and cushiony, I took heat.

Let's get a couple things outta the way. One, I NEVER said anything about the list needing Yanks on it, nor too many Brits on it (you be the judge if it has, seeing as the reach is global). Two, I probably did come across as a cunt otherwise, Alas.

But I stand strong, bold, steadfast, and with conviction (lol) on my point, which is the list is pedestrian in thought and construction.

Here are names for one reason or another have zero justification imho, other than the person is 90-98 years old: And by justification I mean RECENT MEDICAL evidence or insight.

CLee

Berry

Mugabe

Mubarek

Day

HLee

BBKing

Dole

Schmidt

O'Hara

Cole

Sallis

LSmith

RAdams

Kerkorian

Maynard

Here are names on the list with medical evidence but whom I may not have included, but whatever:

Harper (seems recovered to me, though yes we know how these things go -- I may include her if I expanded to 50 names)

Kohl (looks frail, but only links cliaming poor health are terribly old, meaning irrelevant in 2015).

Lastly, who in the hell is Joost Westhuizen? A truly unremarkable fellow, he shouldn't qualify as celebrity imho. But it is what it is, and he is on the list for a reason, though frankly I say a year too soon. But I'll live. Joost should be so lucky.

Many of you have posted EXCELLENT research/links to very qualified candidates that obviously went ignored by the Committee.

I think the list was slapped together by those who are lazily 'playing the odds' that a 95 year old will die. And if that flies for the best list that can be put together, it's a self-indictment.

I"ll take my percentage chances saying none of those I've listed (1/3 of the list) will perish in 2015. The only 'dead' they are is dead weight on what could be a great list. I may be wrong on 2-3, Tha'tll be a better percentage than the hits out of 50 provided by The DeathList.

Sir Creep

You are joking.

Mugabe has been nipping off to Singapore for mysterious treatments for several years. Sallis is no longer able to work, Mubarak has collapsed a number of times in the run up to his trial. Christopher Lee is a legend whose awesomeness is beyond question. Bob Dole looked rickety in recent outings and Maynard belongs to the "I didn't realise he was still alive".

I think we should get 10 names but I do not think the list is perfect.

• Like 1

SC.

CLee

Berry

Mugabe

Mubarek

Day

HLee

BBKing

Dole

Schmidt

O'Hara

Cole

Sallis

LSmith

RAdams

Kerkorian

Maynard

Sir Creep

You are joking.

Mugabe has been nipping off to Singapore for mysterious treatments for several years. Sallis is no longer able to work, Mubarak has collapsed a number of times in the run up to his trial. Christopher Lee is a legend whose awesomeness is beyond question. Bob Dole looked rickety in recent outings and Maynard belongs to the "I didn't realise he was still alive".

Sallis is almost blind these days, but he had to retire earlier than he wanted to because the BBC couldn't get the insurance for when he was acting.

SC.

CLee

Berry

Mugabe

Mubarek

Day

HLee

BBKing

Dole

Schmidt

O'Hara

Cole

Sallis

LSmith

RAdams

Kerkorian

Maynard

Sir Creep

Mubarek and Mugabe have been in and out of the hospital the last few years. Chuck Berry cancelled a bunch of tour dates and BB King has been fat all his adult life so I would think his chances to die are higher then the median guy his age. O'Hara is frail in a wheelchair and a few years ago moved to Idaho so a relative could take care of her. Imo all these people seem like solid picks from the committee.

• Like 2

SC.

CLee

Berry

Mugabe

Mubarek

Day

HLee

BBKing

Dole

Schmidt

O'Hara

Cole

Sallis

LSmith

RAdams

Kerkorian

Maynard

Sir Creep

You are joking.

Sallis is almost blind these days, but he had to retire earlier than he wanted to because the BBC couldn't get the insurance for when he was acting.

Even in the last series of Last of the Summer Wine he only filmed studio scenes and nothing on location.

The two hits we have had has put us back on track. Still below the 12 hits line but we are running ahead of 2014. We are in almost exactly the same place we were in 2003 and that was one of the top 2 years.

I don't think we have to concentrate on the low hanging fruit because we got a few surprises last year like P D James.

I will come back with my Top Ten when I have had chance to think about it.

FAIL FAIL FAIL - they took Terry Pratchett off

fail :lol:

Guest Old Lady Biker

What happened to Terry Pratchett?

I thought Terry Pratchett was on the list, was expecting to come on here and see another hit, but we haven't shouldn't of taken him off.

To be fair that seemed like quite a consensus view. He didn't make the DDP drop forty.

To be fair that seemed like quite a consensus view. He didn't make the DDP drop forty.

If they had been fair to me they'd have read my fucking suggestions.

What are you doing up at this hour anyway dad? :D