maryportfuncity

Deadio Times

Tony Beard was one of two figures I dropped because I assumed they wouldn't get a QO under the new rules.

• Like 1

BBC Radio Devon presenter Tony Beard, who has hosted a Sunday afternoon show almost since the dawn of time, has announced he is suffering from bladder cancer.

Dead at 79. http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-01-31/devon-radio-legend-tony-beard-dies/

This Obit doesn't count as I understand it, so one DDP team awaits a QO. Unless TMIB can confirm...

See? Winny was bang on the money.

What next? An obit for The Old Baileys resident cat??

So anyway, the original idea of this thread was to alert others to must-see dead pool and grim television. Channel five 10-30 on Friday is presenting a documentary series on "Bad TV" (i.e. WTF were they thinking shows) and this week they'll discuss Heil Honey I'm Home, the (very) short run sit-com with Hitler and Eva Braun living next door to a Jewish couple.

Whaddya mean you've never seen it, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw

So anyway, the original idea of this thread was to alert others to must-see dead pool and grim television. Channel five 10-30 on Friday is presenting a documentary series on "Bad TV" (i.e. WTF were they thinking shows) and this week they'll discuss Heil Honey I'm Home, the (very) short run sit-com with Hitler and Eva Braun living next door to a Jewish couple.

Whaddya mean you've never seen it, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw

That particular horror has done the rounds over the years on various 'TV shite' programmes.

Victor Lewis Smith did a series some time back, TV Hell, which was pretty good IMHO.

Craig Windham, a veteran NPR reporter known for delivering bite-size reports for top-of-the-hour newscasts in a warm, familiar tone to millions of Americans, died on Sunday in Winston-Salem, N.C. He was 66.
Anyone who ever listens to NPR is familiar with his name and voice, and this is quite a shock, actually.

SC

Conservative radio talk show host Matt Patrick suffers from stage 4 esophageal cancer:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/03/08/exclusive-conservative-texas-talk-show-host-battles-cancer-with-help-from-god-and-listeners/

Obama strikes again!

actually was announced Sept last year. Wonder what's been going on....granted I can prolly turn on his radio show and find out seeing as I'm only 200 miles from the Houston market, but then I'd have to listen to his bullshit.

SC

Guest Guest

in my country no one listens to the deadio. I heard that the deadio was popular in the first half of the 20th century and then video killed the deadio star :ghost2:

Colin Bloomfield dead at 33. I found this out because there's gonna be a minute's silence before the Cobblers' game against Burton Albion this afternoon in memory.

Sad, and very cruel how all the youth and optimism was for naught.

Exactly one year after his death, Colin Bloomfield's mother unveils new BBC Radio Derby building name.

He seemed like a decent lad Bloomfield, one RT equals one respect to BBC Derby for this:

wdRoU.gif

Garrison Keillor longtime host of Prairie Home Companion suffered a brain seizure a little over a week ago.

He plans to go ahead with the final 5 or 6 shows left before he calls it a day.

Isn't it great when things just...

Garrison? Garrison?

Sunshine radio drivetime DJ Mark Benson has been found dead.Looks like he committed suicide .He was 44 http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/06/sunshine-radio-presenter-mark-benson-found-dead/

And he was on SUNSHINE Radio, no shit!

I mean, obviously a tragedy, but a little ironic too, right?

Paddy O'Flaherty, the renowned BBC broadcaster, passed away following a short illness on Monday. He was 73-years-old. O'Flaherty was a familiar voice on BBC Radio Ulster for decades having presented many of its shows including Good Morning Ulster and Evening Extra.

SC

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/arlene-foster-pays-tribute-to-bbc-journalist-paddy-oflaherty-following-death-35082397.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809503/He-tops-cat-s-miaow-Celebrities-pay-tribute-Sir-Terry-Wogan-thanksgiving-service-50-years-BBC-broadcast.html

Deadio Times shopping? Pickpoptastic courtesy of the Daily Fail. Peter Alliss/KerithColdham anyone?

Jimmy Tarbuck. I also failed to recognise June Whitfield.

Vanessa Feltz zip must be on it's last legs - fkn hell - I wonder how long that took to coax up.

• Like 1

Vanessa Feltz zip must be on it's last legs - fkn hell - I wonder how long that took to coax up.

She would have looked pretty good if she'd gone a size or two up.

Better to wear something that fits generously than squeeze into something way too small. Who's going to see the number on the label inside?

She would have looked pretty good if she'd gone a size or two up.

Better to wear something that fits generously than squeeze into something way too small. Who's going to see the number on the label inside?

Who is going to see the sun if she is standing in front of you?

• Like 1

Y'know when Nick Knowles and his mates turn up to make over a house for some bunch of unfortunates and then the programme ends with the whole street turning up and applauding...

Are you seriously telling me there's nobody in that street thinking: "Bastards, played the disability card and now their house is better than mine."

I'm wondering if some of those shots at the end come about because sixty seconds before cameras roll some production assistant runs across and sprays the crowd with mace.

Or are my anger management issues flaring again?

• Like 1