Sign in to follow this  
VileBody

Eric Sykes

Guest Guest

A sad day in the anals of British comedy :(

But on a brighter note, deathlist is cooking on gas! it took till the week before xmas to get to 7 hits last year!

incidentally Shamir and Sykes deaths m eans only 3 people from the 2003 list are still alive, so if Zsa Zsa Gavor Mickey Rooney and Ronnie Biggs want to oblige in then ext few days /weeks we could have the first clean sweep!

Sad that he was never knighted - particularly as he refused to swear throughout his career which you would have thought would have made him the kind of respectable person who would get knighted.

Amusing that he called his autobiography 'If I don't write it, nobody else will'. You always find out things about people when they die that you never knew when they were alive - with Eric for me its that he was a voice on the Teletubbies.

Think the headline has to be along the lines of 'Walking the Plank' which Torbrexbones has already highlighted although it could also be 'Mr S is Late'

• Like 1

This year really is becoming the end of an era. I'm wondering who the next big household name to go will be.

Even though he's a few years younger, something tells me that Bernard Cribbins' passing might not be too far away.

Finally reunited with Ernie again in the afterlife.

Ernie?

Ernie?

Did Eric Sykes live in Morecambe? :rolleyes:

Ernie?

Eric and Ernie, remember? "Four Candles", all that shit.

• Like 1

Ernie?

Eric and Ernie, remember? "Four Candles", all that shit.

You're thinking of Eric Morecambe. He passed away in 1984.

And the "Four Candles' sketch was The Two Ronnies - Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett

• Like 1

Yes, I remember when Ricky Brydon said something slightly embarrassing on Operation Partridge or something...

• Like 1

RIP Eric Sykes, for me one of the less welcome Death List "successes". Remember him well for his unique comedy style -

RIP Eric Sykes, for me one of the less welcome Death List "successes". Remember him well for his unique comedy style -

Yeah he was an all-round good guy

• Like 1

Any excuse to post this.

Looks like a troll post, but this chap deserves it.

RIP Eric,4th "winner"on our list at work.

Guest Suge Knight

hes not known anywhere else in the world, he shouldnt count, you stupid pommy english limey fucks

hes not known anywhere else in the world, he shouldnt count, you stupid pommy english limey fucks

If you read the rules properly you'd realise that he doesn't have to be, you stupid talentless bullying fat fuck - or should that be troll impersonating a stupid talentless bullying fat fuck

• Like 1

He's achieved more than you'd have ever done.

There are many "stars" on television and radio that I have never heard of personally, but that doesn't mean to say they don't count.

In fact many people more recently will remember Eric Sykes for the opening scene in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, if not for his scriptwriting and his acting in comedy shows and movies.

Yeah like Suge Knight would get on the BBC 10 o'clock news when he carks it...

Actually he very possibly would, say if he was gunned down by one of his rivals or a teenage wannabe gang-banger. Probably wouldn't make the top story mind, but it would be happy news : )

Actually he very possibly would, say if he was gunned down by one of his rivals or a teenage wannabe gang-banger. Probably wouldn't make the top story mind, but it would be happy news : )

Someone's getting dangled over a balcony within the fortnight...

And Suge Knight's not even important enough for that any more, remember he got knocked out at the club by a hairdresser a few years back.

Someone's getting dangled over a balcony within the fortnight...

And Suge Knight's not even important enough for that any more, remember he got knocked out at the club by a hairdresser a few years back.

How did I miss that??